Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
NSD and diet-related; Jump to new posts
Re: Psyllium husk...starch? sexyAS 12/03/21 05:55 PM
I don't think it contains starch. I have been using a pre-bread mix called KZ Clean Eating Bread Mix for bread where you can add water and cook it fast. I found this was one of few ways to bulk up on fiber. You could try it.

I do blood work often for inflammation markers because it's free. I had inflammation CRP and ESR. When I did my strategy for no starch, I reduced my blood work to zero inflammation on diet alone. The problem was getting HUNGRY without starch or certain type of carbohydrates.

I had a dietician recommend adding LUPIN BEANS to my diet. It worked to boost my energy and reduce the food cravings from going zero starch. I am going several years without progression or activation of Ankylosing Spondylitis now.

For anyone out there that works out at the gym and needs energy, but does not want to include STARCH in their diet.....

1. Consider making a loaf of bread without starch to replace that habit
2. Add lupin beans (mostly protein) and roast them with a BBQ sauce or other flavor for snack time
3. Switch to lactose-free cottage cheese or yogurt to reduct the sugars your gut is feeding off (It's sweeter too!)
4. When swallowing pills or herbs or consuming water, you can use a herb tincture called Astragalus and put a few drops in the water to actively reduce inflammation
5. Eat and load up on broccoli, bacteria can't latch onto certain cellulose in the GI Tract
6. EXERCISE was the biggest factor in keeping the progression from happening, when I stopped the GYM during Wave 1 of COVID, everything painful came flooding back in because I was not practicing any of these habits above...

Ultimately, I am not giving medical advice or professional guidance. This is what has worked for me. I have not progressed. Going starch-free might not be the only thing that other people need ot do.

If you find following something super strict hard, the best you can do while keeping it simple is daily exercise for more than 45 minutes with 1 day break.
7 11,572 Read More
#1 AS Web Support Group Jump to new posts
Re: The mechanism to full remission of AS? jroc 11/30/21 12:47 AM
It makes me wonder how many people with AS are either symptomatic or asymptomatic with SIBO.

89% according to a recent Chinese study using lactulose breath tests - https://ard.bmj.com/content/78/Suppl_2/1482.2
3 363 Read More
NSD and diet-related; Jump to new posts
I can eat cooked starchy vegetables - on NSD. MORPHEUS 11/27/21 10:43 AM
Hi, i want to share with all of you that: for more than 1 year I have discovered that i can eat an unlimited quantity of cooked vegetables, if they are dried very well before using them ... Initially i thought it might be a coincidence and i am in remission, but it seems that is not the case ... Probably something happens with the starch in vegetables when they are dried ...

Now, my wife cooks regularly vegetables as : dried onions, dried peppers, dried carrots, dried tomatoes, dried celery, dried parsnips, dried parsley, dried dill, dried orache....

We buy dried vegetables directly, because we don't have the necessary time to dry them, but we dry certain ,,spices" instead: dill, parsley, basil, etc.

For me this gain meant a crucial change and I feel almost no desire to consume "forbidden" starchy products..

I hope you all can give it a try and see if it helps... Best regard.

ps: never find and never tried dried potatoes - i don't think if it is possiblle to dry them.....
0 63 Read More
HSV-infections treatment Helen77007 11/22/21 09:40 PM
The most common drugs for treating HSV-infections are antivirals, such as acyclovir, valacyclovir and famciclovir.

But what are the options if these common treatments do not help during a relapse?

A clinical trial for a new drug called PRITELIVIR is now entering Phase 3. This drug has passed all previous stages of testing for safety and efficacy. It is designed for the treatment HSV INFECTIONS in patients with immunodeficiency who are resistant to ACYCLOVIR and also intolerant to foscarnet or show foscarnet resistance.

The sponsor of this clinical trial is AiCuris Anti-infective Cures AG in Germany and it will be done at 20+ clinical sites in the US.

Using this link here [hsv-care.com] you can fill out a form to see if you might qualify to participate in this treatment trial.
0 68 Read More
Re: How many of us had / have covid? Robin_H 11/08/21 01:38 AM
Originally Posted By Inanna
...However, research since the vaccines came into play shows that in combination with naturally acquired antibodies, the protection is extremely good.

References pleasegrin. That is the propaganda that I also hear. The claim could be based on theoretical assumptions. For example: Suppose that measurements show that a person gets infected and they produce 27 different antibodies. Then they take the vaccination and measurements show that they produce three new antibodies hence have theoretically broadened their immunity. That sounds theoretically reasonable but what does the empirical data say when that group gets exposed to various strains? A vaccine can cause a new imprinting that actually reduces immunity in some cases, or the vaccine actually wipes out immunity via a phenomena called "high zone tolerance" in which the relevant T-cell population is eliminated. Having antibodies after an infection is not a requirement for long-term immunity but having anti-bodies above a given threshold after a vaccination is the accepted standard. If a single vaccination after infection does increase protection then must a person get the injection? I think it is a matter of individual choice. If I was 82 years old, survived an infection and did volunteer work in a elementary school then I probably would get a booster. However I know of one case in which a woman well past 80 years old did survive a mild infection but died from such a booster even after waiting for antibodies to diminish from the previous infection.

There is a non-peer reviewed study published in June 2021 from Israel that included cases of the delta variant. It showed that vaccinated people were 13 times more likely to have severe disease in comparison to unvaccinated people that had previous infection. I heard someone break that down into different statistics and it was something like among people in the hospital 65% were vaccinated, 34% were unvaccinated and 1% were previously infected. A study in the UK showed similar ratios. Obviously if 65% of the people in the hospital have been vaccinated and 65% of the population is vaccinated then the vaccine is in principle having zero effect.

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections; MedRxiv; Aug 8, 2021

Originally Posted By Conclusion
This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity. Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1

Dr Peter McCullough and other researchers say that natural immunity is all a person needs. Even people that have a weak or sub-clinical case of WuFlu will still have good immunity through T-cell memory. There is no need for seroconverstion to B-cell immunity to produce antibodies. Some people will clear out the infection using just T-cells and macrophages without producing antibodies. The assumption that a minimum level of antibodies is needed for good immunity is a over generalization. However it is recognized that people that have never caught WuFlu do have waning antibodies created by vaccination. All that being said if I needed to be on immmuno-suppressants or had one or more chronic disease that made me very likely to have grave WuFlu disease then I would get vaccinated before catching the bug.

Risks of Vaccines for Those Recovered from COVID-19 – Krammer, Raw & Mathioudakis; by Dr. Peter McCullough; Sep 12, 2021

There is a reasonable hypothesis that boosters will cause accumulated damage. The spike protein is a toxin that takes at least a year for the body to completely clear out and everybody tolerates the spike differently. Older people suffer more from inflammation and the spike causes inflammation among other issues.

Boosters for tetanus are a good idea and they are the toxin that the tetanus bacterium produces. Boosters are good idea because the body is too slow to produce antibodies to tetanus. Even if a person gets a tetanus vaccination upon infection it might be too late to stop the disease. The same is true for the Rabies virus but it is rare. I speculate that the ability to produce WuFlu antibodies after having been previously infected is much faster than the incubation period to develop the WuFlu disease, hence a booster may not be necessary.

I've taken the series of rabies vaccinations as a precaution. In a developing nation I got scratched by a sick cat at a veterinarian. The vet was mortified and told me to immediately go to the hospital for rabies shots. My previous shots were three years old and I didn't worry much and so I did not go. I had measles when I was 10 years old, saw a pediatrician to show him the rash and the pediatrician said that I could go to the wedding without any worry. I had a good time with everyone. I tested positive for measles antibodies when I was 50 years old and I am grateful that I was told not to quarantine. I doubt that those antibodies are from my case that was 40 years earlier, I probably was exposed to measles in the previous ten years while living in a developing nation. The point of mentioning my measles experience is that the Biden government might mandate fines for anyone that leaves their home when they have a cold. Such rules isn't simply about what is right or wrong but more about cultural values. Parts of the world are moving towards a "zero harm" mindset so I am going to take up sky diving before it is legal only for the military.

Biden adds measles to list of diseases that could require quarantine

I do not listen to any "expert" that is employed by a government because their tongues are tied. I recall a moment on the Donahue Show when Milton Friedman explained that because he is a professor and isn't involved in government that he said "...[I] regard it as a great luxury that I can be irresponsible" and freely state my opinions.

Milton Friedman on Donahue 1980 (4/5)

Covid is here to stay like the cold. The coronavirus is endemic because it is in our pets and other animals in nature. It will be passed back and forth between animals and people. We will adapt. Death is part of life. The world's population is too big and too dysgenic due to medical science. Hopefully WuFlu improves the stock. smokin

Neither do I go with a consensus. I often worked on problems alone because I worked fast. I'll never forget a time that after finishing a set of calculations I sought out my team of five other people to compare the final numbers. In one case my number was different from all of theirs. They had the same number of each other. I told them that they were wrong and that I was right. They laughed at me. In my mind I knew where they all had gone wrong and explained it to them. The bulb for the smartest one in the group went on and she explained it to the rest of them. The moral of the story is don't trust a consensus, or an authoritative body, and especially any politicians. Listen to many experts especially when they debate.

Peace!
39 14,605 Read More
Re: New member sign up and donations sBrian 11/07/21 05:53 AM
I know what you mean. This place was like a nice village where you saw a lot of the same people often. The Facebook groups are so big its more like a major city full of strangers.

They do have a lot of information, but there is not the variety of topics broken down into forums like here.

Having my worst flare in many years, and getting my supplies together to get no starch. Didn't even have iodine anymore. But I know what to do and I know it will work.
11 4,250 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
I can eat cooked starchy vegetables - on NSD.
by MORPHEUS - 11/27/21 10:43 AM
HSV-infections treatment
by Helen77007 - 11/22/21 09:40 PM
The mechanism to full remission of AS?
by thebluedog - 11/06/21 08:54 PM
How many of us had / have covid?
by DonCA - 07/23/20 09:19 AM
New member sign up and donations
by DragonSlayer - 05/11/20 01:56 AM
Psyllium husk...starch?
by Oknean - 07/11/11 03:21 AM
Popular Topics(Views)