Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
#1 AS Web Support Group Jump to new posts
Re: I P F deano 02/13/24 10:51 AM
I I P F IS SHORT FOR IDIOPATHIC PULMONARY FIBROSIS.
2 546 Read More
Alternatives Jump to new posts
Re: Coconut oil + oregano oil Enema for AS Rock_n_Raul 02/12/24 09:50 AM
Hello, can you tell me where you found those instructions for doing the enema? thank you
1 443 Read More
Re: AS questions from a newbie DragonSlayer 02/10/24 03:34 AM
WELCOME, Karma_Coconut:

Just my humble opinions--

1. I wasn't sitting in a 'supportive chair' whilst I had the virus last weekend, so I guess I might have slipped a disk. How would I tell the difference between that and an AS flare? The pain is really bad (gripping buttock and lower back muscles, with jags of pain when I move'. Only ibuprofen seems to tone it down - gentle walking around my kitchen doesn't touch it.

A: A "flare" will typically involve many different areas at once; the inflammation is systemic. What You have described is common and can be attributed to sciatica, also. It is best to seek a physician's evaluation.

2. Could it be both low-level AS and an injury? Does AS make you more prone to joint injuries? Can joint injuries trigger an AS flare?

A: Of course it could be AS PLUS anything. Did You injure Yourself? Advanced AS will make us prone to joint injury even slipped disk because our vertebrae become misshapen. Any injury can "trigger" AS by slowing down digestion; chronic stress will make AS much worse!

3. The low starch diet looks interesting. Is this only relevant to people with HLA-B27? I don't know whether I have that genotype, but suspect because we have various incidents of autoimmune/inflammatory things through our family.

A: The LSD will work for everyone with AS and also help people with Crohn's who do not usually possess the B27 antigen. I do not trust the test for this antigen unless done using Fc or ELISA methods.

HEALTH,

John
1 133 Read More
NSD and diet-related; Jump to new posts
Re: Klebsiella and starch vs. glucose Rob___ 02/06/24 11:38 AM
Thanks for the reply. I was eating a lot of sugar (in dried fruit), now maybe 5-10g per day for the last 3-6mths at a guess (a green apple or two, a tsp of molasses, a splash of coconut aminos and balsamic vinegar per day).

I eat similar to you - zero processed. Thanksgiving and a trip to the US was a recent indescretion but have been near zero starch (iodine test) for over a year and my back still aches pretty bad most days. Psoriasis has gone.

My iodine tests have even shown iodine in threads through celery and fibres in kale....painful.

Does anyone know how long after psoriasis clears up that the SpA / back ache normally improves?

I've just completed a 5 day water fast with herbal tea and two weak coffee mornings for work meetings. I now fell great (real productivity buzz), despite it affecting my sleep.

When I upped the 15 strain probiotics and added gelatin and removed sugar (dried fruit predominantly) my bowel movement really improved.

Hoping the fast has lasting results yet to be revealed.

Thanks again, Rob
12 7,982 Read More
Re: It’s been a while DragonSlayer 02/03/24 09:41 AM
Darrel!

We should be home on 20 November. If You feel like getting de-desertified after Your peregrinations muleback, come a bit more West after the fun! Hope to see You and Jayme sometime soon.

HEALTH,
John
6 1,093 Read More
NSD and diet-related; Jump to new posts
Re: Apple fast vs organic juice fast Dotyisle 02/02/24 01:04 PM
I do an intermittent fast every Tuesday and Friday now... get up and only tea and water until 5-6pm in the evening. I have found this to be extremely beneficial in allowing my body to have some time to heal (intestines).

Many, many years ago I did the Edgar Cayce 3 days of apples.

Not into juice fasting... not really into juicing if it introduces lots of sugars into system.
2 753 Read More
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 79 guests, and 172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
I P F
by deano - 07/17/23 10:28 AM
It’s been a while
by mulehound - 06/25/23 12:28 AM
Apple fast vs organic juice fast
by Alida1 - 03/01/23 06:51 PM
Coconut oil + oregano oil Enema for AS
by L33 - 01/30/23 10:23 PM