In just 180 days those adults who have been denied health care coverage due to pre-existing conditions (AS) will be able to receive coverage through a special provision of the new health care law (this provision is in place until 2014 when insurance companies will no longer be able to deny people coverage due to pre-existing conditions -- children with pre-existing conditions will be able to get coverage almost immediately -- 90 days after the president signs the bill into law).

I can't tell you how happy this makes me. In just 180 days I'll be able to see a doctor about my AS and perhaps get LDN to help with the pain or perhaps something stronger!

Starting immediately, no one can be dropped from their plans due to being sick or using their health care coverage; parents can keep their kids on their plans until age 26; seniors on Medicare will receive $250 to help pay for prescriptions; and the "donut hole" in prescription coverage begins to shrink this year and will continue to shrink until it's eliminated in 2014. There are a lot of good things in this law that begin immediately but I forget the other ones; there are lists on-line somewhere of exactly what starts when. But as for me, after 11 years of having no insurance coverage, living without a safety net, I'll finally be able to get coverage. Sigh. Oh happy day.