Originally Posted By: avonldy
One of the problems I just read about today from AP is that it does NOT cover preexisting conditions until 2014. The politicians lied to us or there were so many bureaucrats putting the bill together that the kids somehow got forgotten.

"ObamaCare will not protect children with pre-existing health conditions from being denied health coverage -- not until 2014. This despite endless talking points and promises to the contrary, the Associated Press reports:

Under the new law, insurance companies still would be able to refuse new coverage to children because of a pre-existing medical problem, said Karen Lightfoot, spokeswoman for the House Energy and Commerce Committee, one of the main congressional panels that wrote the bill Obama signed into law Tuesday...

Full protection for children would not come until 2014, said Kate Cyrul, a spokeswoman for the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, another panel that authored the legislation. That's the same year when insurance companies could no longer deny coverage to any person on account of health problems."

when i wanted to know EXACTLY what was in the health insurance reform bill, and when each item would be implemented, i googled it, but all i was coming up with was summaries by news organizations. unfortunately, the news is not just unbiased facts, but opinions as well. so i wanted to go to a first source, not filtered by someone else. in lieu of reading the entire bill, this was the best site i could find:

http://docs.house.gov/energycommerce/TIMELINE.pdf

if anyone has a better, more "original source" site for me to look at, i'd be interested in seeing it.

from what i'm reading, things will be implemented over a time-line, some things right away, other things a little later. from what i've been hearing on my local news, a few things are already gearing up to go into effect.

since this has been years, decades even in the making, a few years out sounds pretty good to me, but many of the most important changes and/or easiest to implement, seem like they will be taking effect very soon.

could the bill have been better? nothing is perfect. but i'm going to focus on the good that is coming out of this, like pete and others finally getting the coverage they deserve.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)