Actually, it wasn't off topic. The fact that you make an assertion that "the system here doesn't work well at all" leads one to believe that you are some kind of indisputable knowledge base on health insurance in the United States. Whether speaking of individuals with health insurance or those who are "satisfied" with their health insurance, it's relevant, especially when you state that the "system here doesn't work well at all". Nothing you've posted in your reply is factual as you've cited no sources and it is clearly a regurgitation of what has been lapped up from the mainstream media sources (agents of the state) and the politicians. I'm not wanting to start some long drawn out thread, and I had no interest in responding to your post until you got off (your own) topic by stating your opinion that the "system here doesn't work well at all" because it is currently not working out for you.

Personally, whether you choose to believe it or not, I'm happy that you can are able to see a doctor in an attempt to get some help. I'm happy that many will be able to get much needed health care (although at the expense of others in many cases).

Lastly, I'm not whining about not getting my way. I recognized the need for some changes to be implemented in the United States health care system. There are some good ideas contained in the developed legislation, but the efforts in D.C., in my opinion, are disingenuous at best. I'm one of the fortunate individuals that see the macro-level schematic (big picture) and see what additional burden this entitlement program heaves upon this country. Additionally, why does our health insurance system or anything else for that matter that this country does need to reflect or measure up to systems in place in the rest of the world? This is the United States. There was a reason that this country was different from the others. However, in the last 20 years I recognize this country less and less. I'm sure these changes were in motion long before that, but I can only cite what I know/have experienced. I've perceived such a change that I'm strongly considering leaving it's borders for elsewhere (no, Canadian members, you do not need to concern yourselves that an undesirable like me is attempting to take residence in your country). At least that destination country will have better health care since they have had some practice and experience. It's basically all the same, isn't it?

Kind Regards,
Jay

Almost all of us long for peace and freedom; but very few of us have much enthusiasm for the thoughts, feelings, and actions that make for peace and freedom. - Aldous Huxley

Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now. - Thomas Jefferson