Hellooooo TEAM! roll

I'm back to feeling pretty darned good!

LOL... meaning I still wake up in gruesome pain and it takes me an hour to move, then I do my day in 2-6 pain while stretching and doing mindfulness exercises... until the beast finally forces me to the narcotics.

That said, isn't it great that we have modern medicine? I don't love taking 3-6 different meds every day, but it's WAY better than the alternatives.

So, I've been riding my trike lately in the cool weather and swimming every other day for at least 1/2 hour.

Even though this article discusses every day pain, I've been using the principles to address the chronic nature of severe breakthrough pain.

For instance, today I helped clean my church and grocery shopped with mindfulness exercises and body mechanics principles. Obviously our ability to control our pain is limited by the disease process, but I've been able to put these into use even with my physical weirdness.

Anyway, then I took 1/2 a pain med and rode my trike to the pool where I swam 30 minutes. I've quit counting laps, because I discovered that it stresses me out if I can't make it to 1 km.

After that I came home and rested for a bit, vaccuumed, and cut out two advent calendars worth of pouches for my grandboys overseas. About an hour into that I took another 1/2 pain med.

The thing is that I am miserable every morning anyway, so why not get on with my day even though the breakthrough meds make me feel a bit off.

Anyway... here's today's goofy video! These little ones are soooooo cute, and I can so relate to trying to follow along with the good hikers/dancers/swimmers etc. LOVE these littles!

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!