I wish I could afford a decent bed. I would buy a temperpedic but I have heard good things about 2 inches of foam, egg crates, etc.
I guess I wonder if it could be considered a health need and a prescription for a good bed. I was sleeping on a mattress on the floor then this neighbor died who had just bought a cheap twin bed (He didn't die in the bed, he had a car accident) with a "pillow top" but it is not a comfortable bed and hurts my body. Maybe writing letters to the manafactors of the beds to see if they would take my insurance. IDK My Ma who is 92 (How does she do it?) has a slighter case of AS and she totally has given up on the bed when Daddy went into a nursing home, and prefurs to sleep in a lazy boy chair in the living room. Sez she can't sleep in a bed. I don't know if it is because of psychological distress over losing her husband of 73 years or the freedom of never having to climb into a bed with another human being again. I don't know. I know I'm the opposite. I can't sleep in a chair, I can hardly sit up in a chair. I sit up about 4 hours a day and that's it. The rest is laying down and watching TV or sleeping and I sleep on my side until the pain in my shoulder hurts too bad then I turn over.

"those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"