Hello again Jay:

Eating the same food every day. Here's my opinion -- everything in moderation.

If it passes the iodine test and it can be eaten for three or four meals in a row then I think it has past great tests!

However a person could react for allergy or other sensitivity reasons, or a food's introduction in large quantities might create a rapid change in gut flora and hence a reaction that should not have been bad. Perhaps a slow introduction in quantities and frequency would be best. It's debatable.

Some foods have native bacteria and enzymes on them for the purpose of digesting the food and releasing energy to allow seeds to grow. There probably was great advantage in eating foods grown in one's own garden with just wiping the dirt off them; I did that. The dirt probably promoted good microbe tolerance teaching my immune system that they are friends and not foe.

But even if there is no obvious reaction to a food it is possible over time that it could cause slow, insidious and unnoticed gut damage long before you notice. Say you ate oats every morning and didn't know that it was creating low level inflammation in your gut on a daily basis. After twenty years you end up developing increasing food sensitivities, joint aches, head aches, etc. Perhaps that would never have happened if the oats were enjoyed only twice a week, giving the body a rest to heal.

I guess some foods can be eaten every day. Some are probably best to be occasional. Everything in moderation. Also variety is the spice of life. So keep adding to the diet! Your methods seems like it will be very successful.

Just my two cents!
Kevin

HLA-B27 neg, vague AS symptoms in 20s and early 30s
1993:fibromyalgia (age 25)
2013.07:Reverse blockage in a SCUBA accident
2013.08:Scratched by a sick cat
2013.09:Strange sore throat then meningitis
2014:Chronic inflammation at the base of the skull
2014 to early 2015:excess NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation, included psoriasis
NSD helped well and but was not perfect
2018.07: weak +'ve tests for borrelia, babesia, bartonella and mycoplasma pneumonia using Armin Lab, ANA=equivocal