Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 50 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 49 50
cheerful #136119 04/15/04 03:59 AM
SENSational_AS_Kicker
SENSational_AS_Kicker
They are the best arn't they John ?

Notice all those leaf folks are pretty darned quiet all of a sudden

Maggie

Maggie #136120 04/15/04 01:13 PM
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
We're not quiet. We just try to get some sleep after the games. You see, we don't have to worry about the outcome of the series as Sens fans do, so we don't loose any sleep and play on the computer to pass time. No, you see, if the series continues the way it has we'll win the next two games. Sens won the first one, Leafs won the next two, Sens won last night, Leafs win the next two, and the series is over. We let Nieuwendyk stay home, we took Mats off in the second, just to rest up, we took Tucker out, we had Domi on the power play , and, the players bench became the penalty box. We've overcome greater odds than this before, and we'll overcome them again. It sure is exciting though. It's also nice to have people to talk hockey with, thanks Maggie.

No one said life would be easy, just worth it.

Dotyisle #136121 04/15/04 03:33 PM
Two incidents in consecutive games of the Habs taking dives to get calls... once they got it, the other time it cost them the game.

"Ribeiro fell to the ice in dramatic fashion Sunday night with 34 seconds remaining, drawing a whistle while the Bruins had pulled goalie Andrew Raycroft and were pressing for the tying goal.

A trainer appeared to treat Ribeiro's shoulder, but the Bruins suspect he embellished the injury and were incensed that he was grinning and exchanging taunts with Boston players from the bench afterward."

Once he got to the bench he was all grins and giggles. Acted like a little school kid that got away with something.

Alexei Kovalev claims his hand went numb and the officials blew it. Sheldon Souray said that doesn't mean you stop playing. Whatever the case, Kovalev and Souray collided in the neutral zone, allowing Glen Murray to pick up the loose puck, skate in and beat Jose Theodore for the game-winner 9:27 into the second overtime that gave the Bruins a 3-1 series lead. "There's nothing you can say about that," said Kovalev, whose right hand was wrapped in a bag of ice. "We ended up in the middle of the ice, and Sheldon ended up losing the puck." Kovalev argued in The Boston Globe that "One thing I know, they would have called it on me if I did that. It feels like (the Bruins) didn't get lucky, they got help." Souray had another take. "He (Kovalev) says he got slashed. Well, yeah, but do you stop playing? It's double overtime, (the referees) are going to let you play at that point," an upset Souray told the Toronto Star.

I watched the end of the Habs game with my brother and saw the "slash".... the commentators back in the studio even laughed at the theatrics. I think he got his just results.

I played soccer for years... I have a hard time watching soccer because of all the dives people make to draw whistles so I rarely watch. Reason I love hockey is because they are tough and play through the pain. Not the case recently with the Habs in past two games.

I do not dislike the Habs... just their recent antics.

Tim

Hope is only a post away with KickAS.

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Dotyisle #136122 04/15/04 06:36 PM
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Kind of like the "major injury" he received in the Big Apple when he was hit with a howitzer. He was taken to the dressing room by the trainers who expected nothing short of an ended career. Then he came back out to score the tying goal, and I believe he assisted the winning goal. He writhed on the ice as if his head was taken off. Refs don't forget things like that. He has a reputation for embelishing, so unless his hand is hanging almost off, he won't get the call. Souray is right, even if his hand went numb, kick the puck away or to a team mate. You don't skate away from the play looking at the refs to see if you're going to get a call., especially if you're the last guy back. Kovalev bumped into Souray as Souray was coming back, so there was no one else to defend the puck. Unbelievable. Aparently he was having a heck of a game too. Now all anyone will remember Kovalev for is causing the winning goal and putting the Habs down 3 games to 1. Too bad.

tinynic #136123 04/16/04 12:11 AM
Bronze_AS_Kicker
Bronze_AS_Kicker
Whoo hoo hoo.... hohoho, hehehe.... he skates like a ballerina too!

Doug

Doug

Kendra and Caleigh playing construction
Doug #136124 04/16/04 02:42 PM
S
S
Wow, a tangled web we weave in the world of hockey.

Tonight is the night for the leafs. At least it better be. I'll admit they were sorta beat up last game. However, it was all for show to give the poor fans in Ottawa some semblance of hope. Imagine having your Captain looking like bimbo the clown.

Does anyone remember the song: "Bimbo, bimbo, I'm a happy birthday clown, bimbo, bimbo, I'm a happy birthday clown and I would like to say.... I wish you a happy birthday." I believe it was from the kids TV show rocketship 7. (You would have had to grow up in Toronto/Buffalo area during the 60's and 70's.)

Of course, I did enjoy the ballerina picture of Alfie.

Enjoy the game tonight.

Murray in Sarnia

PS - I enjoy watching Junior A hockey and have season tickets to the Sarnia Sting. Anyways, last night on TV, they showed the London Nights vs the Guelph Storm. In my humble opinion, it was way more exciting to watch than the two NHL games on - Montreal and Detroit. These guys were end to end hockey. London won in overtime to tie up the series 1-1.

sarnia #136125 04/17/04 02:33 PM
Bronze_AS_Kicker
Bronze_AS_Kicker
Well now, that was a game..... amazing how well the flow goes when the refs stay out and let the players decide. Close checking, low shooting, and Belfour shining yet again. And Domi getting the winning goal, how's about that Sens fans!

Fact for thought---- Teams that win game 5 after the series is tied go on to win the round 80% of the time.... and the fact we do well in the Corel Centre looks good for us.

ps... Whats with Daniella and his promises again? "We are definately going to win games 5 & 6"?? Small problem there bucko, there's an Eagle in your way!

GO LEAFS GO!!

Doug

Doug

Kendra and Caleigh playing construction
Maggie #136126 04/17/04 02:35 PM
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Maggie: "Notice all those leaf folks are pretty darned quiet all of a sudden "
Hmmm, seems the Sens fans are awfully quiet. Maybe now they are sleeping after coming to the realization their season is over. To quote Daniella Alfredsson: " You haven't seen the end of us." He's right, we have one more game, then we'll have seen the end of them. Imagine, Smolinski scoring the winning goal and the Leafs win! Oh well, it ain't over 'till the weight challanged lady sings, and the fourth win is alway the hardest to get. See you all tomorrow night in fron of the t.v. watching the game. GO! LEAFS GO!

tinynic #136127 04/17/04 03:48 PM
Looks like the Eddie the Eagle is hot again this playoff season.

Hope is only a post away with KickAS.

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Doug #136128 04/17/04 03:52 PM
Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
Hey Doug.... has the Corel lifted it's ban on Leaf jerseys yet? I seem to recall that there was a big problem as they said that there were more leaf jerseys than sens jerseys in the crowd, so the leafs fans were instructed to take off their blue and white in order to enter the arena.....

Poor sens... not enough supporters eh?

Great game last night guys..... I was trying to sew buttons onto costumes at the same time and I almost bled to death!!!!! I kept jumping up and sticking myself with the damn needle.

I think I'll even get some beer for Sunday...... get ready for the celebration!! GO LEAFS GO!

Maxine

May the roof above us never fall in, and the many friends gathered below it never fall out.

May the roof above us never fall in, and the many friends gathered below it never fall out.
Page 45 of 50 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 49 50

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 99 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella