Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I
Ike Offline
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
I
SWISS "FRENCH" SALAD DRESSING

8 servings

1 ts Salt
Fresh-ground pepper
1 ts Mustard
10 fl Olive oil
1 ts Sugar
3 1/2 fl Vinegar
1 Egg, or
2 tb Cream ( Add more if you want)
Stock (This is what gives this dressing it's special flavour - use vegetable or chicken stock)

Blend together all the ingredients except the stock or water in a blender or food processor until quite smooth. Add enough stock or water to give a lightly coating consistency. Put in a screwtop jar and keep in the refrigerator. Use within 3-4 days.

from IFFOT

Edited by ike on 08/02/02 10:27 AM (server time).

AS Czar
OP Offline
AS Czar
Has anyone tried dipping a veal/chicken/pork escalop in egg and then rolling it in groung almonds and then shallow frying it in butter/olive oil? It's great, and almost as good as breadcrumbs. It certainly dolls up a boring piece of meat!

Chris

One packet of Splenda/Suger Twin is equivalent to 2 teaspoons US of sugar.
Just use Candarel (the UK version of Sugar Twin) - I don't think it matters how much suger goes in (just enough for your own taste). In fact, you can leave out the sugar altogether I suppose.

You can also add fried, browned onions if you want to the mixture, to give your rolls extra flavour. They are even better after sitting in a plastic bag in fridge, I have found - rather good for hamburgers too!....oh, and Yorkshire Puds.

Atkin’s Diet recipes:

http://www.ez-weightloss.com/ez-weightloss/productatkinsbakemix.html

DIET REVOLUTION ROLL
Makes 6 Rolls

Pam Spray
3 eggs separated
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
3 tablespoons cottage cheese
1 package of Sugar Twin

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Separate eggs very carefully (make sure that none of the yolk gets into the white).

Spray Pam on a teflon cookie sheet.
Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until whites are stiff but not dry.
Fold in yolks, cottage cheese & Sugar Twin. (Be extremely careful not to break down the egg whites. Mix no more than a minute.)
Place the mixture carefully on the teflon cookie sheet, gently putting one tablespoon full on top of another until each "roll" is about 2 inches high. Repeat this until you have 6 piles.
Place the cookie sheet in the oven & bake for about 1 hour.
Rolls should resemble delicatessen rolls.

TOTAL GRAMS: 3.1
GRAMS PER SERVING: .5

------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Review: I was very skeptical about this! How good can a bun made with eggs & cottage cheese be? There's no flour! But I made it and was I ever surprised... they taste very much like a croissant. Don't knock it until you try it!

TUNA Salad

1 6oz cn Chunk light tuna in water
3 tb Mayonaise
2 ts Tarragon Vinagar
2 ts minced capers (i perfer whole)
2 tb minced Chives

Blend well. (better to let sit a while to let tastes combine)
Ike

Chocolate Fantasy Cake from Emeril's New New Orleans Cooking

8 tablespoons (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon softened unsalted butter, in all
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
5 large eggs, at room temperature, seperated, in all
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 teasppon salt
1 1/2 cups Chocolate Ganache Icing (recipe follows)
Fresh raspberries
Whipped Cream

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan with 1 tablespoon of the butter, and dust with the four, tapping out any excess.

2. In a metal bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate with the remaining 8 tablespoons butter and stir occasionally until smooth and creamy. Remove from the heat.

3. In another bowl use an electric mixer to beat the egg yolks together with the sugar and vanilla until thick, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl once or twice, for about 3 minutes. In a third bowl whisk the egg whites with the salt until stiff, for about 2 minutes. Slowly and gently fold the chocolate into the yolk mixture, adding just a little chocolate at a time to keep the eggs from scrambling. Fold in the egg whites.

4. Pour the batter into the springform pan, and bake in the center of the oven until spongy, for about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, remove the springform ring, and place the cake on a rack to cool completely.

5. When the cake is coll, prepare the Chocolate Ganache Icing.

6. To serve, spread the Chocolate Ganache Icing over the cake. Top with raspberries and serve a small wedge with a dollup of whipped cream.

Chocolate Ganache Icicng

8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream

In a metal bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate with the cream, stirring constantly until smooth. Don't let the mixture boil. Remove from the heat. Use immediately or store, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 24 hours. Reheat in the top of a douple boiler.

Deviled Eggs

4 Hard-boiled eggs
1 Tbsp. prepared mustard
1 Tbsp. starch-free mayo
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 pinch paprika for garnish

Peel eggs and cut into halves lengthwise. Remove the yolks and set aside the whites. Put the yolks and remaining ingredients into food processor or mash together with a fork. Refill the whites with this mixture. Garnish with paprika. Have fun experimenting with other ingredients such as green or black olives, green onions, different herbs or seasonings. These work well for snacking.

Awesome Flourless Chocolate Cake

8 large eggs, cold
1 pound semi-sweet chocolate( I use Ghiradelli Double Cholate chips)
2 sticks unsalted butter, cut in chunks
1/4 c. strong coffee or liquer (optional)

1. Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 325 degrees. Line bottom of 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper and grease pan sides. Cover pan underneath and along sides with sheet of heavy-duty foil and set in large roasting pan. Put on a kettle of water to boil for use later.

2. Beat the eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer until volume doubles to about 1 quart, about 5 mins.

3. Meanwhile melt chocolate, butter and coffee or liquer in a large mixing bowl placed over a pan of barely simmering water until completely smooth. Carefully fold the beaten eggs into the chololate mixture 1/3 at a time, thoroughly folding between each addition.

4. Scrape batter into prepared springform pan and set the roasting pan on the oven rack and pour enough boiling water in roaster to come about half way up the sides of the springform pan. Bake until cake has risen slightly, edges are just beginning to set, a thin glazed crust (like a brownie) has formed on the surface, and an instant read thermometer inserted halfway though the center of the cake registers 140 degrees. About 22 to 25 mins. Remove cake pan from water and cool on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a sprinkle of unsweetened cocoa or confectioner's sugar.

HONEY-MUSTARD SALAD DRESSING

3 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 c. cider vinegar
1/2 c. olive or veg. oil

Put all in blender.

ASPARAGUS GRAUTIN
(this recipe is also in the Sinclair book)

1 serving asparagus (or more)
1 tsp. melted butter per serving
2 tsp. parmesan cheese per serving

Peel stems of asparagus with vegetable peeler and steam whole stalks in steamer or small amount of water until crisp-tender. Drain. Place in shallow baking dish and drizzle with butter and sprinkle with cheese. Place under broiler for about 1-2 mins. or until just lightly browned.

2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
4 tsps. olive oil, divided
1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
1/4 c. water
1 tsp. sugar
dash pepper
1 tsp. lemon juice

In a skillet, saute almonds in 1 tsp. oil until lightly browned, remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute asparagus in the remaining oil for 1 minute. Add water, sugar, salt and pepper, bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3-4 mins or until asparagus is tender. Drain. Sprinkle with lemon juice and top w/ almonds. 3-4 servings.

1 c. cut fresh asparagus, cut in 1 inch pieces
2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. olive or veg. oil
2 tsp. honey
2 tsp. minced fresh parsley (optional)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 c. cubed cooked chicken
1/2 c. diced apple
2 c. torn mixed greens

Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 3-4 min. Drain and cool. In a bowl combine next six ingredients. Stir in the chicken, apple and asparagus, toss. Serve over greens. 3 servings.

Tasty snack:

Cut up 2 or 3 apples( remove core ), grate or slice your favourite cheese over the top of the apples.
Pop in microwave for no more than 60 seconds on high!
Can sprinkle a little cinnamon on top of cheese to flavour more!

Tony!

This tastes very close to "Dorothy Lynch" dressing. I sometimes substitute the vegetable oil with olive oil or flax oil to get a few extra omegas in there. This is different than other French dressings I've had and I like it much better.

1 small onion, chopped
2/3 c. vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 c.vinegar
2 Tbsp. ketchup
1 1/2 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. celery seed

Put all in blender until smooth. Add a little water and/or decrease oil if you don't like it so thick. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.

I discovered this recipe about 5 years ago and it quickly became a standard. I always get requests for the recipe whenever I make it for a potluck.

2 bunches broccoli, cut into bite-size
1large red onion, chopped
1 c. dark raisins
10 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 small handfull of slivered almonds
1/3 c. wine vinegar
1/3 c. sugar ( or about 1/4 c. fructose)
1 1/2 c. mayonaise

Blanch the raisins in hot water for 5 mins. Combine the vinegar, sugar and mayo to make a dressing and pour over all. Refrigerate about 2 hours before serving.

Spicy Asian Slaw (Ike)
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
4 cups fresh shredded fresh cabbage & carrots
1/2 cup raisins
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped peanuts or cashews (optional)

COMBINE vinager, soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper flakes in medium bowl; mix well. Add cole slaw mix, raisins and green onions; toss well. CHILL at least an hour or up to a day before serving. Sprinkle with cashews or peanuts if you feel like a nut.

borrowed without permission from label of Sun Maid Raisins

Grilled Tempeh
Soy (only) tempeh (some of the multi grain types idicate for starch)
Marinate with a dressing of your choice (I use Drew's all natural tomatoe & basil as well as many others)

Throw a couple of slice tomatoes on the grill when the tempeh is about half way done) and brush on a little marinade too!

Lighty steam some brocolli... just enough to warm it up.

A very tasty meal!

Tuna Salad
Okay... someone needs to break the ice here. I will by posting a couple of my favorite quick meals... and look a my pancake recipie in an earlier post.

1 can of dolphin safe tuna
Canola oil mayo to taste (I use spectrum brand)
Red Wine Viniger to taste
Garlic powder to taste... I say lots & lots
Fresh or dried basil to taste.... also lots

Serve over a salad or veggies of your choice

This one makes a great lunch to bring to work. If your not going to eat it right away, don't add the vinegar until you are ready to eat it as it looses its flavor if you do.... I don't know why.
Dave

AS Czar
OP Offline
AS Czar
From Paul--

I've just toasted some mixed nuts in the oven with butter, salt and worchester sauce for that salty-crunchy thang. Aprox. recipe: 2Tbs butter, 2 tsp worchester s., 1 cup each almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, dash salt. Toast in 275 oven for 18 minutes, tossing every 9 or so. Better than nothing.

[reminds me of that great Chex Party Mix most of us miss very much]

A breakfast mainstay for me is a fruit smoothie: Half a banana, 1.5 cup frozen blueberries, raspb. etc, 1 tbs almond butter, 2-3 tbs yoghurt, water to help mix. Savage briefly in a blender.

[As William mentioned a limited number of banana might be tolerated to some extent, especially in this condition].

AS Czar
OP Offline
AS Czar
Title: BORSCHT ENERGY SOUP
Categories: Soups, Vegetarian, Vegetables
Yield: 6 servings

1 md Beet
- scrubbed & cut into chunks
1 md Carrot; sliced
1 md Kirby cucumber
- cut into chunks
1 md Green bell pepper
- seeded & coarsely chopped
1 Lemon; peeled,
- halved, and seeds removed
1 Ripe avocado; peeled,
- stone removed & quartered
1/2 c Spinach leaves (packed)
1/2 c Alfalfa sprouts (packed)
1/2 c Chopped fresh dill
2 tb Bragg Liquid Aminos
1/8 ts Freshly ground black pepper
2 c Vegetable stock; -OR-
-Vegetable bouillon
Alfalfa sprouts, for garnish

In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, pulse the beet, carrot,
cucumber, bell pepper, and lemon until finely chopped. Add the avocado,
spinach, alfalfa sprouts, dill, liquid aminos, and pepper. With the machine
running, gradually add the vegetable stock and process until smooth.
Transfer the borscht to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until chilled, at
least 2 hours.
[ed note: Careful with the vegetable stock or bouillon; most commercial preparations are starchy. Also, a dollop of IMO sour cream substitute, or actual sour cream, if tolerated, can add much to this soup, which can be served hot or cold.]
Serve the soup in individual bowls, garnishing each one with alfalfa
sprouts.

Source: May All Be Fed - by John Robbins (including recipes by Jia Patton
and Friends) Typed for you by Karen Mintzias

Active_Member
Active_Member
Spicy Asian dish
Under no nightshades diet laksa was mentioned.
Indonesian sambal is used in this receipe
Here what you can add to laska, curry, and other spicy soups
ingredients: candle nut ( crushed)
kaffir lime leaves (finely chopped)
fish (precooked)
laksa paste or curry paste, sambal paste, chilli (fresh and chopped) or in the form of a paste
sweet potato (sliced)
mushroom (sliced)
any additional herb found on the label of the paste bottle
mint (diced)
laksa leaves (diced)
lemon grass (grounded) and lime juice
coconut milk
onion, garlic, shallots, ginger (all finely chopped)
green leaves (chopped, seperate the stems from leaves)
fried tofu ( sliced)

*Remember to keep stirring the soup while cooking and adding indgredients
soup base
1) place in a pot water, onion, garlic, ginger, candlenuts, kaffir lime, sweet potato and boil. Add the stems.
2) add mint and lemon grass and lime juice when the previous food are cooked. add the leaves in.
3) add the pastes in (do not add too much as they are very hot)
4) add the mushrooms and fried tofu
5) add the shallots and coconut milk
6) if adding any herbs that are not cooked, put them in earlier.
7) add fish
do not overcook the fish
when the dish is well mixed, it is time to serve.
*Remember to keep stirring the soup while cooking and adding indgredients

Note: if time permits you can soak the ingredients in the soup for ten to fifteen minutes before severing the dish. The flavour will be more readily absorbed into the ingredients.

Thanks to the power of infinity for your contribution and keep smiling. Look on the bright side of life!! [smile2]
DragonSlayer #19407 11/30/02 05:19 PM
I
Ike Offline
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
I
Hi All,

Here is a simple recipe for liver and onions in case the one you are use to has flour in it.
I prefer more onions and less boullion than recommended and did not like it with Parmasan cheese. Be careful to overcook.

LIVER AND ONIONS
1 pound of calves or beef liver, 1/4 in thick, cut into thin strips
2 medium onions, sliced
3 tbs beef bouillon
Seasoned salt
Pepper
Grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
Remove veins and outer skin of liver and wipe with damp paper towels before cutting into strips. Coat a skillet with nonstick vegetable spray. Saute onions in bouillon until transparent. Add liver strips, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until liver is browned (about 3 min). Sprinkle with grated cheese before serving. Serves 2 to 3.

Steel_AS_Kicker
Steel_AS_Kicker
A good recipe and rave of its virtues....
http://www.foodstyles.com/Soups/homemade_chicken_soup.htm

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0301/soup.asp suggests independent chinese and jewish folklore may be on track with the chicken...

Ted
proAS_KickAS

Ted

One cannot believe all one reads on the Internet...
Abraham Lincoln
A
Lurker
Lurker
A
crustless veggie pie

2 roma tomatoes
1 orange bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 medium squash
3-4 green zuchini
2 cloves garlic
8 lrg eggs
1/4 cp whole milk
aluminum pie tin
pre-heat oven to 350
any grated cheese

slice zuchini length wise into thin strips, season with S P, and line a pie tin with them (this replaces a flour crust). place in 350 oven while you are chopping veggies into bite sized pieces

beat eggs and season with s p, add veggies to bowl and incorporate into egg mixture, then take zuchini crust out of the oven and add veggie-egg mixture to pie tin and spinkle cheese on top.

Bake for 45 minute at 350

advertisement removed, John

Edited by DragonSlayer on 01/13/05 06:06 PM (server time).

Check out Kinerase
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM