Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#210240 10/21/05 04:46 PM
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Hi Gang,

I haven't posted in a while so I thought this would be a good time to catch up. I drop in often, but just haven't felt good enough to post. Sorry...

Two years ago I started Enbrel. I was amazed at how fast and how much better I felt right from the start. After about eighteen months the good effects started to disappear. I don't know whether my A.S. got more active or the A.S. just overpowered the Enbrel. It seemed I was in a constant flare the last six months. Anyway, my rheummy started me on Remicade. My first infusion was just three days ago. I may be crazy, but I think I already feel better or at least different. The nurses told me I should be able to feel a differnce as soon as two weeks. It's only been three days. My doc says he can adjust the dosage with Remicade where Enbrel is a one size fits all situation. He can be more flexible with the dosage.

Just thought I'd share...

Anybody get relef with Remicade this fast or am I crazy?

Good to be back...

Fred

[color:"red"]"Even if your on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."[/color] Will Rogers
M
mig Offline
M
Hi Fred,

My understanding is that both Remicade and Enbrel may lose their effectiveness after about 2 yrs time for 'many' of the folks being treated. With Remicade they believe antibodies are likely responsible but the same thing happens with Enbrel although with Enbrel they are not sure why. These meds continue to work for many for 5 + yrs, but again they haven't been able to determine why some are luckier.

I started to notice a benefit with Remicade after only 4 days, so nope, I don't think you are crazy! I'm glad to hear it's helping already!

Good to see you posting again, too.
mig

SENSational_AS_Kicker
SENSational_AS_Kicker
Hi Fred
Nice to hear from you again.
I have no experience with either drug but just wanted to wish you well.
Too bad the Enbrel stopped working. Hopefully Remicade will last a lot longer for you.

Maggie

B
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
B
Fred - all these biologics will only remain effective for a limited time before the body starts to reject them. Your rheumie's game plan will be to work you through them and hope there will always be a new one coming along - that is the stategy.

'Then you should say what you mean,' the March Hare went on. 'I do,' Alice hastily replied; 'at least - at least I mean what I say - that's the same thing , you know.' 'Not the same thing a bit!' said the Hatter.
Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
Hi Bilko, Fred,
I have always heard that Humira is an entirely human recombinant molecule and that therefore the human body is unable to reject it. In that case there should be no people with these kind of effects who are on Humira and Fred will have a safe haven in case things should go wrong with Remicade either.
Gerard

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Hye Fred, thanks for checking in.

I started on Remicade on August 10 and felt better while I was still hooked up to the IV during my very first infusion. No exaggeration there. I stood up completely unaided for the first time in many years - at least 15 times because I just had to show everyone over and over again!

Good luck with it.

Hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

B
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
B
But Gerard, it may be human, but still someone elses DNA? My answer to Fred wasn't just some cynical observation but I read it in an online rheumy journal, but typically now I can't find it! The debate now seems to be that the DMARDS should be given earlier in the disease as they are less effective when it has progressed too far.

'Then you should say what you mean,' the March Hare went on. 'I do,' Alice hastily replied; 'at least - at least I mean what I say - that's the same thing , you know.' 'Not the same thing a bit!' said the Hatter.
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Hi Mig,

Thanks for your input. Yeah, it's been a couple years since I started Enbrel. I remember getting relief very quickly with it as well. I hope the Remicade will last longer and prevent further damage as advertised. I'm excited again.

I was hoping this wasn't all in my head.

Good to hear from you.

Fred

[color:"red"]"Even if your on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."[/color] Will Rogers
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Hi Maggie,

It's good to hear from you too!

I've got my fingers crossed hoping for the best. The last several months have been tough.

It's good to be back.

Fred

Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Bilko,

I think you're right (you usually are). I'm very lucky that my rheummy and insurance company are working with me. I'm hoping a new drug will come along very soon that will help all of us forever.

As always your input is appreciated. Thanks.

Fred

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM