Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
L
Strutsinator!!
Happy Birthday Jeanna!! I hope you are well, hi to Loz and your families, I have not been around as much but am psyched I got here to wish you the best...ok...here it comes....you ROCK!!!!
Keep Kickin'
Peace
Linc

Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Happy BDAY!!!!!!!

Sometimes I think my body is an inflammation nation.

AS for 20 years
HLAb27+, i think there was talk a negative result at later date, but never confirmed.
Have been on many different anti- inflammatory drugs (naproxen to arthrotec to vimovo). Now off all prescription meds except occasional advil or tylenol.
Don't underestimate the power of icing (I bought the biggest ice pack i could find and it is good at numbing pain).
Aaron
Royal_AS_kicker
Royal_AS_kicker
Hello again Kickers, and my most sincere thanks for your birthday wishes.

There's been a hint or two about an update. I'm sorry I've been reluctant. I keep waiting for everything to be perfect and give a big bright sunshine-y update, but sadly that's yet to happen.

These days I'm just on sulfasalazine and celebrex for both the Crohn's and the AS. There has been huge confusion about who was going to take my care on as we've moved from Leicester to Kegworth and so I have had little care during the majority of the last couple of months just when I could use it most. Luckily I have the most fantastic GI doc now (the one who diagnosed me while unofficially seeing me when we worked at the same hospital), and she's hooking me up with a fantastic rheumie that I've worked with as well. The GI symptoms are still the most difficult to deal with. I'll be OK for a few days, then doubled over with pain. This doc is keen to do diet work with me, but suggests waiting until the spring/summer, as that's when she has the most success with diet trials with her pts.

Work is work. The reduction in work has been good, but if I'm really honest, I'm still pushing myself. I'm switching back to hospital medicine next week, and I'm really nervous about it. I've loved my GP attachment, and have had really good feedback, but I have this difficulty with not believing the good I hear for more than a few minutes after I've hear it. Not sure what's going on with me, but I've got caught in a loop of anxiety about my ability to be a good doctor, or really to fulfill any role in my life satisfactorily.

Ack, didn't want to get into that all, but just struggling. My parents came for a visit and left a little over a week ago and I miss them. The days are short, I haven't felt *really* good in a long while. I'm sure it's all just piling on top, and I'll come out the other end as usual.

Birthday itself was lovely. Sadly had to start work really early in the morning, but my dear sweet Loz woke up with me and kept me company in the early hours. I got a Wii Fit, which I've been dying to have and lots of lovely other things. Came home 11 hours after I started my work day to Loz and the boys singing and was whisked out for a lovely Italian meal. Perfecto.

Thanks for the lovely bday wishes. Like Jo I pop my head in from time to time, so not as much of a stranger as it appears

Love and hugs to all.
Jeanna x

M
mig Offline
M
Hey there Jeanna - thanks for the update. Ya know my dear silly girl, if we all waited for everything to be 'perfect' before posting then it would be like a veritable ghost town in here. Good thing for us you had a birthday, I think!

Glad to hear you are getting in with two doctors you have so much confidence in and I hope they'll prove to be great supports for you. And no anxiety allowed Dr. J!! You already know loads of stuff, are busily learning even more and have a bedside manner that any patient would appreciate! So there you go, that should keep you smiling for at least a good few minutes. None the less, I sort of know how you feel as I'm pretty much the same way; I think there is just something inherent about being unwell that messes with our self belief. But hang in there, you're right, you will come out the other end as you always do.

Oooh and Italian dining, now that does sound perfecto! And singing!!

It is snowing, yet again arrrgh, in TO right now. Is way way too early for this mess so don't you go missing it ok! Enjoy some of that lovely moderate English weather and whenever you get wistful for snowdrifts, please feel free to jump on a plane and come shovel my driveway, okay? lol

Big hugs and thanks so much for writing Jeanna!
mig

L
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
L
Strutsy, you have perfectly ok reasons for having anxiety....you have succeeded as a doctor, in another country...these are things 'normal' people would be anxious about from time to time, and you have AS on top of that....score: you rock.

You have already "fulfilled a role in your life satisfactorily"!! You are a successful working doctor. Score: you totally Rock. In fact, you have fulfilled more roles than you may know, by being here at KA and helping thousands of people online...score: Double-Live Rock Album.

AND, you married one of the most rocking ASkickers ever, and it's working...score: Multi-platinum worldwide Greatest Hits...

Now of course I'm trying to get a laugh, a chuckle, a giggle, but my point is ...you will struggle, but you have achieved great things...and you have a fantastic family and support system, and if you feel overwhelmed you can talk to them (or us), or other counselors, about anxiety...some of my family members have anxiety issues, and are finding help in different ways. Just remember that you rock, and hug your family now...ok, so maybe now isn't appropriate, but you'll know when.
Peace
Linc

And the same birthday wishes to you too!

I seem to be prolific today but hey. Bout the one time in the year I've been able to.

Wii fit. Good plan, we just got one too.

Good luck on the road to pain freeness... :-)

Hey Jeanna
Sorry I missed this birthday post..Happy Belated Birthday..I'm glad Loz and the boys made it a nice one for you, even though you are going through a rough spot. I understand those rough spots..

Keep your head up!!
AND Keep Kickin'AS
Chris

Keep Kickin'AS
Chris

Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Happy belated birthday Jeanna...sorry I missed it.

Dan

>>>>>>
We are kicking some AS*.
Royal_AS_kicker
Royal_AS_kicker
Thank you Mig, Linc, Chris for your kind words of support. It means the world. Just turned Friday evening and honestly feeling all-out panicked about next week. No rest for the wicked I guess. What is with me!?

Anyhow, muchos gracias. I hope your weekends have lovely plans ahead. And I will take your kind words on board. I promise!

Much love to you all. And birthday thanks to Dan and Jo.

In the words of our beloved Linc. You guys rock!

Biggest hugs,
Jeanna x

I
Captain_AS_Kicker
Captain_AS_Kicker
I
Happy belated birthday Jeanna.

I must seem like a ghost to some of our Ka friends.It has been a long long time that I posted something.
I read posts from time to time so I have not forgotten my friends at kickas.
Thanks to Sherri for announcing your birthday Jeanna.
When I spotted your name,I could not let it go by without a reply.
I read the difficult time that you are going through. Hang in there.I remember the hard years that I had with A S. There came a point that the pain was so hard and long lasting that I did not have the will to live.I had Carol and our two wonderful children to pull me through the bad times. Thanks to them I am doing quite well today.
You are a strong intelligent person and prob do not need to hear my story. Becides you have Loz and those handsome boys to love you.

Hugs and kisses from your Winnipeg friend.
Ray

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM