Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 42 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 41 42
M
mig Offline
M
Cripes, I can't believe this thread has sidetracked into music AND that it wasn't Dow's doing..!!

I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
Probably from the grim decibels of an overloud rumbling bass, a crazed drummer and a thrashing guititititar thrasher, i KNEW SUCH NOISE WAS NOT SAFE, now you know why it ios called rock....cripes now may I recommend a soothing aCCORDION CANTATA, THRILL TO THE SOUND OF THIS EFFERVESCENT DELIGHT, NO ROCKING HOUSES AND FAILING FOUNDATIONS WE SHOULD ALL LOVE TORALF TOLLEFSON...

I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
WHO SAID THAT???

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Alan, you are the only person I know who would use the words "accordian" and "effervescent" in one sentence, let alone using one to describe the other.

The place rocked, not the music. The music is sort of country, but with a ... well ... it's not rock, anyway.

Warm hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

I blame it on Snowshoe. She's the one who mentioned a musician in the first place!!

Yah. Yah. That's the ticket!

Warm hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Dow Offline
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Quote:

Cripes, I can't believe this thread has sidetracked into music AND that it wasn't Dow's doing..!!

Somehow I think maybe it was me after all, things seemed to go in another direction after I put up that silly cartoon about "How Americans View The World"

But I had a somewhat serious reason for doing it, back to my way earlier thought, and that was why can't part of our national debate be about comparing our health system to other countries directly? Why is that we see almost none of that on the talk shows, or speeches given, somebody citing figures and statistics about how Japan does it, or the Netherlands?

And now I just think because to do so would be political suicide, the response from the angry mob would be something like "Well move to those countries then!" That is, if you could hear that over the repeated chants of "We're Number One! We're Number One!"

Dow
you bring up a very good point. i don't know why human nature is like this.
it's not just comparing one country to another, i've noticed it in the workplace as well. if a new person comes in and talks too much about the way things were done at their old workplace, trying to take the good from their old situation and apply it to the new, somehow that never seems to go over well. personally i would think we would want to examine the best (and worst) practices of others, at least for ideas if nothing else.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Platinum_AS_Kicker
Platinum_AS_Kicker
Quote:

To hell with Gordon's Lightfoot

WHAT??? Well if that's the way you feel we will just keep him!

This bunny Kicks AS !
Platinum_AS_Kicker
Platinum_AS_Kicker
Quote:

I blame it on Snowshoe. She's the one who mentioned a musician in the first place!!

Yah. Yah. That's the ticket!

Warm hugs,

Well maybe that's just what's needed for cool heads to prevail in the health care debate--everyone needs to mellow out with some good tunes. But now I see you're arguing about music as well.

This bunny Kicks AS !
Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
Quote:

"Well move to those countries then!"

I heard a lot of "love it (United States) or leave it" growing up. I realize it's not that black and white, much like this health insurance reform thing, but there is a certain endearing simplicity in that statement. Personally, I think, and tend to believe that most people in the U.S. embrace changes truly beneficial to the country. However, it also occurs to me that a significant enough portion of the population doesn't want this particular version of change (national health insurance plan) that is being foisted upon them. Also, it seems the U.S. public also haven't been so willing to embrace a national health insurance plan since Truman initially laid out his desire for such a plan in 1948. Why? I can't really say for sure. My guess is that it has something to do with the spirit of individualism and largely defining your own destiny. That, however, seems to be fading at an accelerating pace and folks are being gradually conditioned to rely on the state instead of themselves. Whether I like the results or not, and whether you like the results or not, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. It may produce such a fissure in this country (beyond those that already exist) that will take a long time to rectify.

Kind Regards,
Jay

Almost all of us long for peace and freedom; but very few of us have much enthusiasm for the thoughts, feelings, and actions that make for peace and freedom. - Aldous Huxley

Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now. - Thomas Jefferson
Page 24 of 42 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 37 guests, and 118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,692 hmmm
1,319,572 OMG!!!!
709,183 PARTY TIME!