Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
trudi #365344 11/15/09 04:21 PM
Platinum_AS_Kicker
Platinum_AS_Kicker
Hi Trudy,

I have just started the allergy ellimination technique that you mentioned for myself and my 7 yr old daughter. When did you go through the procedure? How many allergies were you cleared for? How well did it work for you? Just very curious to get a first hand account from someone who has already gone through the procedure.

Debbie

We cannot direct the winds, but we can adjust our sails!
Lieutenant_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Lieutenant_AS_Kicker
. . . now my own husband thinks I'm crazy. He says if I didn't get a rash, then I'm not allergic to it, and he's comparing me to this one gal we know who's a super Conspiracy Theory Nutjob (yes, I capitalized that) who thinks that, among other things, cigarettes are GOOD for you because the gov't says they're bad. He's comparing me to HER. The girl who thinks smoking cigarettes will cure her MS.
I have a serious problem to deal with here. I need medical backup. I KNOW the acrylic sweaters cause the symptoms - it took me THREE YEARS to figure out what was causing it, and then I thought I was insane for thinking it, . . .

I need an allergy test/doctoor's note:

"Dear Cody;
please excuse Mrs. Brister from wearing acrylic due to a chemical sensitivity. She is not insane."

like that? lol

*sigh*

"Laughter is the shortest distance between two people." -Victor Borge
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
all of my allergies are nasal, throat, internal sinuses, almost a feeling of "claustrophobia" at its worst, like i can't breathe or something, but never a rash.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Hi Deborah/Trudi,

Are you talking about NAET therapy?

Louise

Happy to be a physio by day, not happy to be a Spondy 24/7! wink3
L
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
well I know this sounds mad but when I take off a 'Polar Fleece' (100% arcylic) sweater then you hear it crackling from all the static electricity it has created from wearing it for a few hours. Some people are sensitive to electromagnetic fields- could this be a cause too??? I know I read in a very old post on KA about a guy who wore a fine cloth made out of metal on his foot and it protected it from the EMF and he got benefit from that, and people say magnets help with pain- so there definately is some kinda involement with that. I know I'm in the same category as your husband's friend, but we have to try everything that may help- especially when the Doctor's advice isnt getting us anywhere. i would stand on my head for a week if someone told me it may help my hubby.

Bridge,

I can say for me it is the Fibro..since I have been diagnosed it seems like everything bothers me. I cant wear anything like wool, spandex, flannel ect..and all my sheets I have had to buy at least 800 thread count.

If it is something that bothers my skin it will start turning my skin red and I will get real hot like a sunburn or like a burn so I have to take it off.

I hope it gets better.

Hugs,

Lisa

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

Platinum_AS_Kicker
Platinum_AS_Kicker
Inkyfingers,

Yes I am talking about the NAET therapy. Have you tried it? I have just started it. The practitioner that does it is a 2 hr drive away so it will be a slow process. I am also reading the book written by the lady who developed the therapy. It is called Say Goodbye to Illness. What is your experience with NAET? Hope it was a positive one.

Debbie

We cannot direct the winds, but we can adjust our sails!
SENSational_AS_Kicker
SENSational_AS_Kicker
I suppose this goes along with the allergy theory. Polyester dosn't breath the way cotton does so surely affects your body and in your case - produces that feverishness ? I'm sure that our bodies must naturally prefer natural fabrics.
I LOVE cotton sweaters. There are actually some very warm ones.
I have some bamboo socks and love them. Would love to try a bamboo sweater. Likely very pricey though.

maggie

Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
Hi Debbie,

I have investigated NAET for my 12 daughter - who has a dairy allergy.

She, like me is also highly reactive to mosquito bites etc, so I daresay that the NAET testing would bring up a few other things as well...

We have managed the dairy allergy by just giving it a wide berth, and I have recently started giving her a little bit of sheep's milk cheese or yoghurt on occasion - so far so good.

A friend swore by the NAET therapy for herself and her young DD, who had a few allergies.

I am still thinking I should try it with my DD, so that then she could live a more 'normal' life and not have to say 'no' to many things that her friends eat... But she rarely complains that living dairy free is 'not fair' or anything, so I just haven't got around to pursuing that avenue.

I would be very interested in hearing form anybody who has tried it, though.

Louise

Louise

Happy to be a physio by day, not happy to be a Spondy 24/7! wink3
L
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
Sounds like a test is the go.

I hate synthetic sweaters because they make me sweat. Purely because the material doesn't 'breath' like wool or cotton, I think. I also had to switch from synthetic doonahs to woolen ones for the same reason.

Lin
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)