Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 50 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Tell us more. I'm sorry things didn't go well but it sounds as though you're on the mend. I'm curious to know what went wrong and what went right.

I'm glad you're at least through the worst part.

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
M
mig Offline
M
Hi mcarlsen -- that is excellent news that you've made it through the surgery!!

Sorry that so much went wrong but very relieved that you are alive and STRAIGHT and posting to let us know! You sound very brave. I am so happy for you, that you seem pleased that you did it.

Please keep posting when you are feeling up to it. I really hope your recovery goes smoothly and that you keep feeling better everyday. Hopefully your quality of life will be as hugely improved as Alan experienced from his surgery.

Thank you for letting us know!! It's just terrific news.
take very good care,
mig

M
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
M
Hey folks. Please be patient with me as my left side is still numb and its hard to type. so the surgury fused from the illium to t-2 they used 8mm pedical screws. they kept refering to me as a " big guy" another way i=of calling me plain fat LOL....it took 12 hours and here is where the story turns. the knicked the dura so i wasput in a coma for 72 hrsalso during the time under , i developed rhabdomylosis( very dangerous ) they filled me with fluids but i couldnt pass it until they hit me up with lasics... bring out the spackle buckets....during surgury they found that i had broken my back at some oint in thr past 13 years..so they had to fix that too. when taking out the arterial line, blood shot across the room which sent my heart rateup. then went into detac.. so they had to stop and restart my heart.. very scary......

I was assuming it was stuff like that. Very sorry to hear - very scary. Thank goodness you came through that all right.

Don't worry about typing until you're well. I didn't mean to pester you. I was just curious but really didn't expect you to provide the whole story yet!!

I'm thrilled that you're through the worst. I think it's so courageous of you to go through all that. What an ordeal.

Like Mig, I truly hope that this turns life around for you and everything gets better and better from here on. hugss

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
M
mig Offline
M
Oh my God that sounds horrific! spook As if the surgery itself wasn't dangerous enough to being with. That was a lot to have had go wrong. Thank goodness you survived it all and that the osteotomy itself seems to have been a success. And thank goodness your heart was strong enough for that.

Please don't worry about posting back unless and until you feel safe and able to be at your comp! We are not going anywhere and will be interested to hear how you are progressing in healing... when you can.

Wishing you MUCH easier and improved days ahead!!
mig

I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
cripes, sounds loke a long and grim journey. Well done, well done to the docs.

Soon life will be amazing

Yikes! You weren't kidding when you said many things went wrong! crazy I'm so glad to hear you're getting better because... wow.. that is alot to recover from. Scary, indeed.
Keep getting better. Healing thoughts your way.
hug

M
Lurker
Lurker
M
I had operation 20 years ago - post op had to wear a body cast for 10 months (3 seperate ones) then another 10 months with a strap on cast. It worked really well and I got back up to 5 6, had lost 1in when broke back twice. Now I am back down to 5 3 but I have had many other problems, including a 3rd break!!

M
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
M
Hey guys

I'm back with good news and of course some bad... the good is I am slowly making progress, back to work for4 weeks now. had some tests done on sat for the left arm. found that I have a ruptured bicep that will require another surgery. along with severe nerve damage. this was caused by the the insertion ( failed attempt of an a line from my wrist to my heart...still in lots of pain in my arm, but the back is coming along... now I'm 5-11 and 3/4 and should be able to get to my original height of 6-2. lost some weight in the process. strange things have happened like severe dry skin on my ankles, and my inability to have more than one cup of coffee in the am...must be the drugs...
been on neuron ton for the nerve pain and Oxycontin for the back.. i have been weening off of that to good old Tylenol..

will post more once i'am done with the triple phase bone and mri scans of the arm....

Peace

M
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
M
opps forgot to say that the EMG test should be outlawed. its the worst form of electrical torture...did that test ever stink....

Page 46 of 50 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)