Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Master_AS_Kicker
Master_AS_Kicker
Mine is only when the weather and pressure in the air drop. After the drop has stabilized i'm good. It's a snow day here... buses are cancelled due to the weather (ice and snow).

Samantha

A.S.
Fibro
Undiagnosed Chronic Fatigue

Live like nobody is watching, Love until you can't and Travel to the moon & back
A couple weeks ago I found a cool website called MediClim.com that alerts you to weather changes that are likely to affect arthritis, asthma, and a few other health conditions. It's created by a doctor and meteorologist in Canada and is free. I signed up and get email alert updates 24 hours ahead of a weather change, once or twice a week. I find it helpful, so if I have a busy day planned and I get an update the day before, I can make adjustments in my plans as needed. So far, it's been really accurate.

In Sept. I had a major flare-up in all my affected joints, and I had wondered if maybe the weather change had something to do with it. My rheumatologist agreed. Now I know I need to take extra care going into autumn. It was a drag missing out on Thanksgiving dinner with family yesterday, but I'm just not up to it. The damp, rainy weather we get in the Northwest does have an affect on me.

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
I hate cold damp weather. Nothing worse for me. Love hot humidity, can't stand cold humidity. Which sucks, considering where I live. It gets into my bones and won't quit. Hot baths help, steam shower helps, heating pad helps, but really, I should live somewhere warm!!!

Warm hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Master_AS_Kicker
Master_AS_Kicker
I'll let you know if I hear about a home in the carribean for us both... We can leave the boys at home to work, and they can visit on weekends~ lol

Samantha

A.S.
Fibro
Undiagnosed Chronic Fatigue

Live like nobody is watching, Love until you can't and Travel to the moon & back
naj Offline
Diamond_AS_Kicker
Diamond_AS_Kicker
Brrrr I am so cold! What I'm doing to help: wearing a hat inside, keeping a hot water bottle by my feet, wearing fingerless gloves, drinking hot beverages, keeping the heat on even though I will cringe at the bill later and finally, trying to breathe deeply and move a bit. When I'm cold I notice my breathing gets shallow and I want to curl up under covers. Getting some deeper breaths and some circulation happening, that helps! I'm also going back to acupuncture. Hope you warm up!

G
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
G
Holly, sorry how the weather is causing you so much pain. Makaylah, is helping keep my feet warm by laying on them. I wear socks to bed, especially when there is a chance my feet will get cold, because otherwise I am up all night going to the washroom. I am having more pain in my feet, arms, and fingers, as the weather gets colder. My back is always sore. I haven't found the cold weather causing too much in the pain level there.

Hot humid weather causes more breathing problems for me. It also causes me to toss and turn at night, and more pain in my back. Boy am I stiff those days, it seems like hours, before I can get moving, after I get out of bed.

I take that back - my feet are cold and sore - Makaylah had her breakfast, and she decided to sleep beside me - maybe I will try and sneak my feet under her.

Hoping the cold front passes, and you are in less pain.

I think you should get yourself a nice hot chocolate, at least a electric fireplace, and cozy up and let the pain drift away.

Hug
Gerri

Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Master_Sergeant_AS_Kicker
hi .When the cold gets too much for my acking back,i usually go out and buy a few heat wraps for my back.They last all day and really make my back feel better.You can buy them @ any Drug store.Up here in canada it is really starting to turn to winter.I feel the pain much more now.Wishes i lived in Hawaii or some place warm year round.

Wishing pain free days
John

Happy Trails To You Until We Meet Again

Veteran_AS_Kicker
Veteran_AS_Kicker
The cold beats me up so badly we're strongly considering becoming "snowbirds" between Northern Colorado and Prescott, AZ.

But any serious low pressure system in the summer hurts, too. I have a stormchaser friend who gives me a call fairly early on summer mornings that look like they might set up nicely for his hobby and asks how I'm doing. He claims I'm at around 85% accurate.

It's nothing any of us want to be notorious for, I'm sure.

All we cand do is try to stay warm, I guess.

Shalom,

John

Author: Mayan Solstice: A Novel of 2012 (http://www.createspace.com/3420054)

If you would know a man, observe how he treats a cat.-
from "The Door into Summer" (1957), chapter 1 (Robert Anson Heinlein)

Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. (again, RAH)

B
Active_Member
Active_Member
B
Why go out and fight the crowds when you can sit comfortably in front of your PC and shop? I just use amazon and knock off everything in 20 minutes.

http://tiny.cc/amazon-holiday-deals

T
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
T
Oh yeah the old blotchy skin from heat packs - it takes a while but eventually it goes away. As for me, when the pain is bad, I will take relief over a blotchy back any day! smile

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 37 guests, and 118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,692 hmmm
1,319,572 OMG!!!!
709,183 PARTY TIME!