Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 173 of 566 1 2 171 172 173 174 175 565 566
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
i suspect as much (LDN / biologic) but am interested in the fact that drizzit is on both LDN and simponi. will be interested in his experience. but not holding my breath as to if or when i might end up on a biologic, so til then at least, will stay on the LDN, not the holy grail one could hope for, but it has its place alongside the zanaflex, flector patches, and KIP gel, so til i have to make a choice, that's my toolkit. truly do wish it was enough to treat the inflammatory stuff. along with the meds for other things and the supplements.

as for exercise, once i can stop babying the thoracic back. the muscles were in pretty major spasm for almost a week, so they need time to recuperate: ice, heat, ultrasound, rest is my regimen for now. the walking is waiting for me when i'm better. this was basically like what happens with my SI, but where the thoracic and lumbar areaas of the spine meet. much better this week than it was last, but still a ways to go, these things take time.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
MONDAY STATS: KM CB: 60 min
Hello friends!
Bug is back. I was a slug-bug all weekend. Thought I would sleep in Saturday after wee bugs went to bed super late! Nah. They were causing mayhem by 8 am sharp! sleep1 But they were trying hard to keep quiet. Of course their idea of quiet with the 10yr old and 7 yr old is saying "SHHH!! MOM is ASLEEP!! DONT wake her UP!!!" laugh2 hugss They mean well. lol

Yesterday I made us all get out and get ourselves to the afternoon mass at the downtown Cathedral. yes Little man loves Father Tony. He has a very good way with children that all of my kiddos listen to him when he's there. This time we had a different Father but it's okay. rainbow My mom came along with us because Art decided to use the time to get the Christmas tree and lights down. Luckily he did, it's colder and wet outside. Dropping down to 22 or so tomorrow!! EEK!! shocked Also some chatter of snow. Definitely ice. Wow. If there's snow it would be awesome as my children have never touched the stuff there whole lives. Last time it hit here was when I was 17! We had some flurries about 5 yrs ago but the kids snored through it! laugh2

I'm hoping to get to womens class tomorrow. But the thought of venturing in this weather. Just gets me so lazy. Good book and movie weather! I made some roast with carrots, potatoes and rosemary. So yummy! heart Good class tonight! FULL class! Instructor was shocked we had a full class of 100 bags taken considering the nasty weather! Dedication!! You could feel it and it made the class that much more fun! clap

Gooooo team!!!! clap

EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Sheesh... I'm pooped! sleep

Swam 1,350 yds in 50 minutes.

If this kills me I'll die stronger..., wait, how's that supposed to go? eyes

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

EricaK #428105 01/11/11 06:06 AM
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Monday: bike 25 miles (85 minutes) and 30 minutes neck stretching.

Worked from home today and the sun was able to shine through the typical California central valley fog. Nice day!

Last edited by LATH; 01/11/11 06:07 AM.

John
LATH #428107 01/11/11 06:25 AM
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Originally Posted By: LATH
Monday:
Worked from home today and the sun was able to shine through the typical California central valley fog. Nice day!

Yay! cheerleader I am SO impressed by your stretching.

Jealous! It's snowy and dark here, and I evidently missed a fun rock and roller quake yesterday. Buwhaaaa!!! I miss CA. Seriously time for a trip home to SB.

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+

Active_Member
Active_Member
yeah Krav! Good for you for sticking with it, I have too much peripheral involvement and couldnt do it with my hands and wrists anymore. Its great exercise!!

Active_Member
Active_Member
I bought a compact elliptical and exercise mat, My messy roomate moved out so my Bf and I have a gym/office wink Nice for when I cant make it to the gym!!

nothing to do with exercise, but couldn't help noticing your little cockatiel in your avatar smile

my birdie, mookie, is in my avatar as well. he's a timneh, 8.5 years old. a very well behaved little guy. the older he gets, the more he gets spooked by new objects; like today i bought him a java wood stand for when he demolishes his current basket, baskets getting harder and harder to find, so planning ahead. figured he'd be afraid of the stand, but maybe if we have it on the floor of his room for awhile, let him get used to it at a nonthreatening level, maybe just maybe he'll use it instead of doing the african grey growl in its general direction, then bolting from the room!

never did own a cockatiel, but when we visit the bird stores, they are just so friendly and inquisitive, just want to scoop up a handful and bring them all home!

may i ask what your little birdie's name is? and how old he is? or she? how long have you had him/her?

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Holy Grail? No, not the holy grail, but excellent at controlling nflammation ni the spne and 'helping' with the gut. In order to have a more efficacious LDN result one does need to supplement though - and,, to stay clear of red meat, especially lamb (my fave meat as well!) So try and buy game birds when in season.

Can cope with the back, most times, as due to the LDN it is pretty good now. SIs can 'catch' when walking, but pause mid step, and wait for the 'release' then continue. But the feet...sigh. Pesky feet alien Darn owt one can do about feet!

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Originally Posted By: ladybuggie
They were causing mayhem by 8 am sharp! sleep1 But they were trying hard to keep quiet. Of course their idea of quiet with the 10yr old and 7 yr old is saying "SHHH!! MOM is ASLEEP!! DONT wake her UP!!!" laugh2 hugss They mean well. lol

Hahaha! I remember those days! Kids are such a luxury:)

Good job on the KM mama! cheerleader

Go TEAM! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+

Page 173 of 566 1 2 171 172 173 174 175 565 566

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 37 guests, and 118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,692 hmmm
1,319,572 OMG!!!!
709,183 PARTY TIME!