Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Originally Posted By: FlexibleMind
Do lots of cauliflower lately too.

If you haven't already, best to test the cauliflower (both raw and cooked) with iodine...it always turns black black black for me here in New Zealand and Jon definitely reacts to it. He's OK with broccoli though and it passes the test too.

All the best

Chelsea smile

[Linked Image]
F
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
F
Thanks Chelsea. It tests fine here. I used to eat lots of broccoli but it's one of my reactive foods from my food test so it's out for now.

Hey Flex,

I could never eat cauliflower in States, always set me off.

Regarding fats... what is HSV and nuts? I eat walnuts daily, find it great snack food.

2 other things to consider to help (not fats). Apple fast and authentic sauerkraut (homemade or store bought).

- I had issues with energy... first time I did apple fast it turned it around. I believe it cleans up digestive system (pectin in apple skins) and makes us more efficient with digestion. Olive oil also helps to heal GI a bit.

- Saurerkraut (authentic) has friendly bacteria... helps with healing GI inbetween meals.. I will eat before going to bed and helps with digestion if eaten with meal. I found a brand here that is awesome... otherwise I made my own prior.

HOpe this helps,

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
F
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
F
Thanks Tim.

HSV is herpes simplex virus and I have type 2 (genital). Unfortunately it is aggrevated by high arginine content or nuts in particular so been trying to not eat many of those.

I used to feel really full from avocado but since I'm not supposed to eating that anymore been having some trouble with energy myself. Apple fast probably isn't the best idea for me as I seem to be really sensitive to sugar, especially in fruit but perhaps I'll try it one day.....why not at this point right?

I do eat sauerkraut every now and then, I just get the Bubbi's brand here and it's pretty good. Though eating any sort of probiotic at night be it Kraut, a probiotic, or kefir and I seem to really hurt that night during sleep. Seems if I take it earlier in the day I'm fine. Not sure what the logic around that is.

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
another food that fills me up:

seaweed

i eat the dried stuff as a snack smile

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
K
New_Member
New_Member
K
Try walnut, macadamia, and sunflower/safflower oil

Walnut is pure omega 3's (not the kind you find in fish that are optional - it contains the ESSENTIAL omega 3's

Macadamias have a ton of GLA (an omega 6 medium chain that bypasses the pro inflammatory short chain conversion)

Sunflower/safflower is a relatively cheap source of omega 6 and high amounts of vitamin E

Macadamia also tastes amazing btw

L
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
Third_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
OMG I finally tried macadamia nut for the first time and they are sooooo good! I have no clue why, but they taste just like those chicken crackers. Delish and no problem pain-wise!

Lauren S.
Ninja_AS_Kicker
Ninja_AS_Kicker
omega 3 : omega 6 ratio is very good in macadamia nuts.
as you know omega 6 is pro-inflammatory.

too bad i can't find those in hypermarkets here. only online and they are so expensive.

34. Some rheumys say AS stage 1-2 some others say USpA
Also UC - rectocolitis.

UC curently in remission since feb 2011.
AS/USpA remission march-aug 2011. Flare - sept-nov 2011 (antibiotics). Remission now...

Modified NSD/SCD. Cook your own !

And the list of my medication has become verry short after some years on this diet smile
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
I love roasted macadamias smile

I have definitely had trouble with them in the past, but they are not starchy. I presume that the kind of fibre in them didn't agree with my gut flora..? I may well be the only person here on kickas to ever react to these, so take my comment with a grain of salt.

That said, I am getting stronger now and had macadamias twice in the last few days without any issue .. except perhaps some gas hehe

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Glad to see you still here Alinus, and still fighting this b*tch of a disease smile

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 41 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Uveitis again and I miss you guys!
by Magician - 01/20/22 05:14 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,181,146 hmmm
1,239,845 OMG!!!!