Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Timo Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all. My PT has so kindly offered to help you, our members, with any physical therapy questions you might have. If you have questions for Michael regarding PT (big subject physical therapy) please PM me and I can forward you his email address so you can get some answers.

Thanks!

Timo
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
That's a very kind offer he's made, Timo! Does he realise that might not be any chocolate in it for him???

Good on him - "Physios - hardwired to help...." laugh

Louise

Happy to be a physio by day, not happy to be a Spondy 24/7! wink3
J
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
J
That is a very kind offer!

It makes me wonder if other's have the same issue with PT as I do - that it (unfortunately) aggravates my condition?

Or is it uncommon for this to be the case?

James

I ache, therefore I am

Timo Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi James. As everyone is wired differently it's hard to say whether people have issues with a PT. Each type of treatment/drug/therapy can certainly produce different results for different people.

Timo
J
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
J
Thanks Timo,

Yep. Just trying to gauge whether it is very individual, or whether common for ASers to have issues with PT???

James

I ache, therefore I am

G
ginny
Unregistered
ginny
Unregistered
G
I am new to this site sothis my first contribution. Like James I find some exercise aggravates my back ache considerably. But what I eat also affects what exercise I can do.

Ginny

C
C
Hi Timo,
I thought I'd chime in since i had PT for the past 6 weeks or so more for some insane pelvic psoasm spasm that turned the inside of my hip flexors to what felt like a brick. I've had the psoas lock up before but never like lately....so we slowly brought back the stretches - the cat and camel, the figure 4, pelvic bridging w/ the exercise ball...and all has been going well, it has definitely been helping the AS as well....considering we also do wet heat and stim. However, this go-round, we have also started a new thing - its a transdermal anti-inflammatory patch. I thought "where has this been all my life?" the first few times we tried it. 1st over the psoas in the front, then over both SI's the next 2 visits. OMG i was feeling so much better! But PT visits ran out last week...and I'm sad to say i'm in the middle of the worst flare I think i've ever had. I know that the transdermal patches are a new a very hopeful approach to isolated areas of inflammation - but i would advise anyone considering them to read, read, research and approach with caution!! Can you ask what your PT thinks about them? The one i had came with a little battery that changes the ph of your skin to accept the medicine. You wear the patch for 2-4 hours afterward. I would love to hear if anyone else has had these and what there experience was when they were discontinued?
-----hurting so bad and don't know what to do!
~jana

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 36 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Chamomile tea can reduce inflammation
by L33 - 07/26/22 11:20 PM
Best Gym Equipment to have
by L33 - 07/26/22 10:10 PM
Ankylosing Spondylitis is curable
by Sudhir - 07/24/22 07:34 AM
Let Us Know You Dropped In!
by Magician - 07/15/22 05:46 AM
Numb fingers, nerve pain
by Stevenage69 - 07/12/22 11:06 AM