Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#486586 04/03/13 01:24 PM
Steel_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Steel_AS_Kicker
So much guilt and i'm not even catholic - or Christian for that matter...
Guilty for not answering PMs as i'm not around
Guilty for not helping out and affirming for the stream of the new afflicted...
Guilty for drinking and eating off-diet way too much
AND
Guilty as hell for being able to stop all my deviations and get almost instant success whenever i want.
My RA kicked in a year ago with 14 day inflam of my left knee. I ignored it while a few hundred mg of Ibruprofen kept it out but it got worse so i did the exclusion thing pretty seriously again and a couple of mono-fasts. GONE
1. I have NEVER heard from anyone on this group that they have a lower joint regular as clockwork flare... It's in the literature...
2. I have not been able to throw off some neck inflam even though i stopped EVERYTHING else. I have kyphosis but much less if i exercise and keep good posture.
3. I have never understood why it is so hard for lots of people to take a serious attempt with this diet concept. I understand lifestyle makes it hard, but this can change your life.
4. I apologise for my (inferred) Go Hard or Go Home approach...

I've read a few posts and once again John alerting us that the tests and the medicos are so peripheral - own the disease, believe that the molecular mimicry can lessen if we reduce Kp habitat, test it, watch it
I would love to know the results of a logged pain survey for ALL posters who did a 72 hour water only fast.
All the best results to all you starch excluders

Ted

One cannot believe all one reads on the Internet...
Abraham Lincoln
la_monty #486759 04/06/13 09:03 AM
B
Bel Offline
Active_Member
Active_Member
B
Hi la_monty

We are all only human after all, with varying amounts of willpower. smile

Originally Posted By: la_monty
I would love to know the results of a logged pain survey for ALL posters who did a 72 hour water only fast.

It might be interesting to have an easily accessible sticky "fasting results" thread where people can post their experiences over time.

la_monty #486962 04/08/13 11:39 PM
naj Offline
Diamond_AS_Kicker
Diamond_AS_Kicker
Hi there la monty. : )

la_monty #486971 04/09/13 03:29 AM
Warrior_AS_Kicker
Warrior_AS_Kicker
Originally Posted By: la_monty
3. I have never understood why it is so hard for lots of people to take a serious attempt with this diet concept. I understand lifestyle makes it hard, but this can change your life.

As an ardent NSD-er, I've often thought that myself but then it dawned on me. Who cares? It's their life, they're adults and will make their own decisions. Dietary decisions are very personal. Just like I wouldn't want someone telling me what religion to practice, I wouldn't want someone telling me what food I should eat if I'm not open to it.

I view my participation on this forum not to tell people what they should be doing, but to share my experiences when they solicit my opinion. For those who are interested in exploring the management of this terrible disease through diet, I am here to provide my thoughts. It's their life, their stomach, and their decisions. As long as they respect my personal decisions, I will respect theirs. Even though I am afflicted with the same disease that others on this forum, I can never truly know what they go through and understand that their experience on the diet may be different. I've read enough posts where everyone has different reactions to different things.

I chose a dietary approach because there is no cure and I needed the best long term solution to manage the disease. To me, it was worth giving it a very fair shake to see if it paid off. I was fortunate and am grateful for all those who contribute their experiences because I factored all those into my own personal protocol. But there is a lot of crazy stuff on the forum, so I understand why certain too-good-to-be-true advice should be greeted with skepticism. I agree that the diet can have a transformative effect - I've been asymptomatic for 4 years now and have a new lease on life. But at the end of the day, if they want to diet, awesome - I'll gladly share my experiences if it can help. If they want to take a different route, more power to the them. To each their own. I just hope they find the same relief that we all deserve no matter what path they take.

And yes, I do believe a good fast and/or an enema can help take the bite out of a flare.

"But I also have to say, for the umpty-umpth time, that life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all." -- from William Goldman's _Princess Bride_
FormerFoodie #487004 04/09/13 03:52 PM
M
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
M
I have to confess when I first came on this forum about 4 years ago, just before starting anti TNF, when I was at my lowest, i read about the NSD and thought (excuse my French) "what a lot of b*******".
You do read a lot of crazy stuff on the Internet and need to beware and not try everything blindly (i know that being a women that's had to watch her weight all her life and sometimes being tempted by the "loose 10kgs in 2 hours by eating broccoli through your nostrils" type diets you find online.
Also, back then, I was in denial about my condition and rejecting it strongly, so my reasoning was : "Not only have I been burdened with this stupid condition, but on top of that, I'm being told I'm going to be deprived of some of my favorite foods !!". The perspective of the diet felt like a punishment, most unfair in my mind's eyes.
A few years later, I have decided to give it a go, because I think I'm a lot closer to accepting my condition, and the part of responsibility I might have in it. I'm glad I have cause I feel better for it, I feel proactive and like I've regained a bit of control over my body.
I think you shouldn't judge people too harshly, sometimes, you're just not in the right frame of mind to attempt things like that. Just like quitting smoking, or drinking, sometimes timing can be key and there's no use in rushing people...
All the best,
Marion

la_monty #487018 04/09/13 05:40 PM
B
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
B
You may not not have heard the the story of when Churchill met Ghandi. ' At least we are both atheists. (Churchill). ' But you are a Christian atheist, and I am a Hindu atheist" said Ghandi. Their is Rome in your history. Somewhere.

'Then you should say what you mean,' the March Hare went on. 'I do,' Alice hastily replied; 'at least - at least I mean what I say - that's the same thing , you know.' 'Not the same thing a bit!' said the Hatter.

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,898 hmmm