Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#495934 10/10/13 02:45 AM
L
Lon Offline OP
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
L
Monday the 21st, I intend to drive to the Teton mountains in Western Wyoming. Lord willing, I will set up a tent and get lost / find myself in the great out doors.
I intend to take my time and climb the mountain. Look down at where I have been and be grateful for the journey I have had in life. It would be great to harvest an elk. No matter, at this point in my life, getting to go, figuring out which way to the tent before it gets dark, watching the sun come up and set late at night.
I will hear the coyote howl and maybe a wolf or two…
There is usually a couple moose that seem as big as a pick up truck, one year he walked with in feet of me, seeming to not give me much thought.
I will be thinking about who I have become and what I want to do with the remaining years of my life. I usually take some stuff to read by fire light, visit with anyone in the same canyon by fire light.
It is amazing how big the Milky Way seems when all artificial light is extinguished.
Yu are welcome to join me, bring two sleeping bags, gators, hat with ear muffs, and 2-3 wool shirts, and gloves and a coat. ……I am a bit scared…I always get the chills, ..I often fall several times a day, I still get the occasional panic attack, and quite often I forget where I came from……this all makes the trip worthwhile.
I do a lot more than hunt, hike or camp – I think of it as being.
I often read your posts, but do not have the time to post. Thanks for reading my post today.
I love this place!
Lon

Your post made me smile. I'm getting lost the next two days, hoping to spot the occasional elk as well. I feel the same way when I'm in the woods. Some of the best times in the woods are when I'm not looking for deer and elk (like the time I saw some crows swooping down on a hawk to chase it away, or sitting under a tree watching the local mouse zigzagging around my feet). The woods even help me forget about the pain, probably the exercise.

Supreme_AS_Kicker
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Enjoy your time in the great Creation. But don't get too lost or fall too many times (none would be best, regarding falls). Stay warm and toasty, watch for snakes. Come back to tell us about your adventures. Feel God!

Gentle hugs for you, Lon.

DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Psoriasis
Meds: MTX since Oct 2009, 15mg/week. Cimzia-restarted after 2 yrs away.
Epidural Steroid Injections x8; Lumbar Radiofreq Ablation x2
SIJ Steroid Injection x3; Bilateral Radiofreq Ablation SIJ x9
Have a great time my old friend! I will be with you in spirit!

Keep Kickin'AS
Chris

Lonnie, how I wish I could be there. It sounds amazing ... and then I could help you find your way back ... to the tent ... or wherever. And to share the Milky Way and Moose with you, maybe see an Elk for the fist time. Swap stories over the fire.

Alas, time and distance get in the way. But it is nice to dream.

Enjoy yourself, my dear. Take care of yourself, too. I know you'll come back with a marvelous story to tell, or perhaps a bit of mischief. I can't wait to hear.

Agape,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

G
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
G
Sounds wonderful there is nothing like the great outdoors for clearing away the cobwebs and giving you time to think. I hope the weather is kind to you and you get those clear autumnal nights for stargazing.

x

NSD almost all the way
No dairy hard cheeses occasionally and homemade ghee
Still trying to work out what makes me tick and what makes me drop

'Chew your drinks and drink your foods'
'Let your knife & fork do the work of your teeth and let your teeth do the work of your stomach'
Mahatma Gandhi
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Lon I wish you a good trip full of all the things you want to do out there ! Be careful and stay warm !!

Love,
Sherri

Hello Lon,

Enjoy the outdoors, I miss it very much from my camping days back in Wisconsin.

Do not get to lost, we want you to post here how it went afterwards.

God Bless,

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Have a good time Lon I wish I could be there. I would have a GPS with me to get un-lost. My wife told me last night she would like to go see Mount Rushmore some time. I was like lets go. I am sure the government has it shutdown right now. Maybe next spring. If we head that direction I will try to stop by.

Steve Orchard, Running from AS & MS
Master_AS_Kicker
Master_AS_Kicker
Sounds great! I'm in dire need of getting back into the wild.

Have fun.

AS symptoms started 1991. Official dx in 2006 with HLA-B27+, fused SIJ, bone spurs in back, extreme rib/hip pain, and other family with SpA. Started Enbrel in 2006 with good results, but stopped in 2010 due to nerve damage (MS) from it. Getting good results with no-starch diet since 2011.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,898 hmmm