Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Gold_AS_Kicker
Gold_AS_Kicker
I used to get a LOT of lower limb muscle pain. Stretching and not sitting still for too long eased it a bit but the breakthrough came when I went on the No Starch Diet!!! clap

When I have periods of self abuse ( eating forbidden fruit...... ) I know it's time for a 48 hour fast when the stiff and aching muscles start up again. It is unbearable pain like a severe unremitting toothache - so much worse for me to bear than sharp joint pain.

Try giving up the starches for a few months - the difference was miraculous for me! cheerleader

Louise

Happy to be a physio by day, not happy to be a Spondy 24/7! wink3
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Originally Posted By: joseph9a
Originally Posted By: Sue22
Familiar problem.

Of course the thing that has helped the very most is getting the inflammation under control, with Humira.

But before that, things that did seem to help:

heat

PT or chiro ("soft tissue work", gentler than massage which only made my muscles ball up worse, when very tight "counterstrain" works very well)

zanaflex

ultrasound

gentle walking

magnesium

the rheumy put me on coQ as well for my muscles.

The reason for the tight muscles is the enthesitis. The tendons attach the muscles to the bones, those attachment points are inflamed, and so the muscles "spasm" to try to stabilize the area. Or so the way it was explained to me by my doctors.

So I take Ennbrel or entracept not sure if one is just a brand name this is an anti tnf injection, is this also an anti inflammatory? I was taking pain killers and anti inflammatory tablets regularly but when I started taking the injections I stopped taking my tablets as I thought the injections was to replace then although I have never had this confirmed I just done it on my own accord. So I'm not sure now wether I should also be taking
sulphazalizine also.

The counterstrain were would I be able to get this treatment? I'm currently seeing an osteopath an he does electro therapy, blood cups an massage on me not entirely sure if it is working. It is very relaxing but not sure about the be edits of this treatment, I've been thinking about trying to see a chiropractor instead.

What is zanaflex and coQ? Also how so you take magnesium?

How would an ultra sound be beneficial also I thought this was just a scan?

Sorry for all the questions I just want to sort myself out and am willing to try anything

I just meant meds that made the inflammation disappear, or not come at all, so for me that is Humira. My body just doesn't get inflamed like it used to.

counterstrain was something the PT did when a muscle wouldn't quiet down. When my muscles were very bad, stretching just made them worse, but counterstrain (the opposite of stretching) got them quiet.

zanaflex is a short acting muscle relaxant, google it for more info.

CoQ is coenzyme Q (ubiquinone, ubiquinol). Its a cofactor in the electron transport chain / energy production.

Magnesium, 200 mg pill daily.

there are two kinds of ultrasound. One is the scan that you are thinking of, the other is simply high energy sound waves in a hand held device. PTs use them. Some chiros use them. If you find it helpful at a PT's office, you can buy one.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 43 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Uveitis again and I miss you guys!
by Magician - 01/20/22 05:14 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,180,889 hmmm
1,239,753 OMG!!!!
644,793 PARTY TIME!