Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#503410 05/14/14 04:16 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Has anyone ever tried glutathione, vitamin K2, mega doses of vitamin d, or any other supplements that have/has helped with their AS?

Pea Offline
Captain_AS_Kicker
Captain_AS_Kicker
I've been on high doses of Vitamin D but it did not help with the pain.

Pea
Diagnosed with A.S. 29 year's ago.
Diagnosed with Fibro 10 year's ago.
Remicade, Intrathecal Pain Pump 2013
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Vitamin D, Vitamin B injections help me with fatigue. My rheumy that's been my best one next to the one that retired years ago started me on DHEA. That has helped me immensely. It took a bit of time but a little less tired. Pain was still there but less tired helps me battle the AS monster. I also take vitamin gummies. lol

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Only supplement IF needed. For vit-D3 will need blood test, readings should be between 50 - 85 ng/mL. Supplement at between 3K - 7K per day, this depending on what yr levels are. Vit D - cholecalciferol - should be taken with something fatty as if fat soluable : buttery; cheese; egg; fatty meat - summat fatty. But will reiterate, check for D levels before supplementing with D. AND, best to supplement on a daily basis as opposed to slamming the body with a huge dose every month or three months (as they do here in France. 100,000 IU per month in one dose or, 100,000 IU per every three months which again, slams a high dose into the body and then nothing for three months...useless. In fact, poor science.

Vit K2-K4 MK7 is good to take. No everyone is good with the KM7. But K2-K4 is excellent.

Vit-B12 is also good - in fact, all the B vits.

Vit-C, but should take with Magnesium : Mag-Sulph, Mag-taurate; Mag-threnolate etc. NOT Mag-carbonate as the carbonate has very poor bioavailability. For good balance, Ensure more Mag to C.

Boron is good to take.

Best yet, find a naturapath practitioner / herbalist and run past em. All supplements should be in balance, each with the other. Not willy-nilly !

Hope this helps -

Take care -

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
You can see the supplements I take below my name. I did stop the fish oil as it wasn't really helping with the inflammation and may have been contributing to my spontaneous blood vessel bursts.

Mg helped the leg and foot cramps.

vitamin C boosts my immune system.

D because without it I am low.

Ca for bones, K for bones and blood vessels,

Probiotics because they seem to help the inflammatory bowel stuff

CoQ because I'm on a statin and rheumy thought it would help with muscle pain / muscle spasms (due to the enthesitis and nerve compression)

Alpha lipoic acid for liver health (had NAFLD) and diabetes…not sure how much it helps, as I needed a statin to get over the NAFLD

All help, but in addition to drugs, not in lieu of.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
J
OP Offline
J
Thank you all for sharing. I was wondering how can I get me rheumatologist to prescribe LDN? She keeps saying only a pain management doc can prescribe it. It is so annoying trying to explain to her that a lot of you all and your doctors prescribe it for immune modulating effects but she doesn't seem to get it.

Just regular vitamins for me

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

Captain_AS_Kicker
Captain_AS_Kicker
GNC Mega Men for me.

I feel better overall when I take them.

I can not defeat you but I will not let you win

Jeff

Degenrative disc disease 2005
AS 2008 HLA-B27-
Fibromyalgia 2010
Disability 2012
Back to work part time 2013
Enbrel, Cymbalta,Oxycodone, blah blah blah blah
Bronze_AS_Kicker
Bronze_AS_Kicker
I take LDN each night (when I remember!). B12 and Vitamin D levels are back to normal. Took care of my lactose intolerance by switching to Almond milk and yogurt. Each works surprisingly well for me. No longer take vitamins.

- Carpal Tunnel in BOTH hands
- Depression (MDD) Major Depressive Disorder
- Pituitary Adenoma
- Scoliosis
- Spinal Arthritis with bone spurs on spine
- Multiple Scoliosis diagnosed
- Herniating spinal disc
- HLAB27+
- Final diagnosis: Mild lumbar spondylosis

Previously told Mechanical Back 'Issues'. Hate this term!
Originally Posted By: JVentura
Thank you all for sharing. I was wondering how can I get me rheumatologist to prescribe LDN? She keeps saying only a pain management doc can prescribe it. It is so annoying trying to explain to her that a lot of you all and your doctors prescribe it for immune modulating effects but she doesn't seem to get it.

Contact your local compounding pharmacy and find out which local doctors prescribe it, then make an appointment and go see that doctor, often a naturpath or something comparable. That was the advice I was given. I started on that path.

Then, the rheumy I saw at the time prescribed it because I gave him literature showing:

1. its safety (since he was saying he couldn't give me the other drugs (steroids, DMARDs, biologics) because they were "dangerous" (which BTW, I personally think chronic inflammation is more or at least as dangerous, plus one does need quality of life while on this planet). But the safety angle was a good defense.

2. its effectiveness on crohn's (since its a spondy and I have GI symptoms as part of my spondy). Too, the MS studies and one that shows it works on people with fibro off they have inflammation too. But crohn's I thought was the best defense.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (haydenk, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM