Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
tux Offline OP
OP Offline
T
So as of late I've been on a journey if you will. A journey to truly heal. A journey to understand this disease and the cause of it. It's almost become a obsession. I research and research and research. And when I'm done I research some more. I'm going about it with a open mind. Listening a reading all sorts of view points. Which you guys know how many there are.

Anyway onto my question. This is the question I just can't wrap my head around. If this disease is caused by the kielbasa bacteria. Why does it take so long to "activate" for lack of a better word. I mean how can I live 26 years of my life pain free. And Food intolerance free. And I mean really free. I could eat anything I wanted. Spicy foods..candies..pizza..I mean literally everything. I always had friends growing up who couldn't have this or couldn't have that like lactose or something. But my insides felt virtually invincible. So anyway like I said. Does is take 26 years for the kielbasa bacteria to overpopulate? I mean heck many people unfortunately die young. If I would of died at age 25 I would have never known I even had this disease. That's how healthy I was growing up.

The reason I'm asking this question. Is because it's very important to me to find out the science behind the "ONSET" of this disease if I ever want to find a cure or how to reverse it. I hope I'm not rambling and you guys know what I'm trying to figure out. Anyway thanks in advance for any help I can receive.

Last edited by tux; 08/03/14 06:49 PM.
M
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
M
Hi tux,

my story is similar I ate whatever I wanted, mostly starches and a lot of them for 26 years, I started having back pain right before I turned 25, maybe a little earlier, but wasn't anything major that bothered me.

I believe what triggered my disease was a root canal that I had a done in the summer of 2011 I was 23 at that time, the next summer I started having strange pain in my lower back, but I only could feel it, when I touched it,then it got worse and worse.

Last edited by MarkyT; 08/03/14 08:44 PM.
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Could genes cause these bacteria to over-grow in some people ? Everyone gets those mites by like 60 or 70. Ok it's real.

AS Czar
AS Czar
Hi, tux:

Yes, I have Your answer(s), and these are quite simple and logical especially to those within the medical community.

Recently I met with Professor Ebringer, and told him that I have become the "other" twin, as in twin studies there is about a 40% chance that one of the twins will never develop AS.

Let me explore why the healthy twin never gets AS: They both produce equal numbers of all their intestinal flora, but the healthy twin has an intact epithelium--rather not enough lesions or breeches to allow the germ access to his secondary immune system.

The AS twin did not get AS until he was 19 because, although his epithelium had been damaged enough years earlier, it had always the resource to heal properly before symptoms appeared: The moment humans achieve their greatest height, production of their growth hormone decreases by 400-500%. In addition to the obvious growth, HGH causes increased speed of tissue repair. It has been observed that HGH therapy can decrease AS activity in persons young enough.

Additionally, there is an "offset" in years because the half life of the agent provocateur--IgA-Kp--(lymph immunoglobulin specific to Klebsiella pneumoniae) is about 100 hours (another reason we can fast for about 4 days and eliminate most flares), and the movement of lymph usually slow through the ducts to nodes, where the IgA is produced thence on to our collagen tissues in enough numbers to, eventually, produce characteristic symptoms. Another reason exercise is important for if we distribute the IgA widely enough there will be fewer reaction (cell death due to two-linking IgA after attaching to the B27 in the Osp--Outer surface protein). Women, on average, might have later onset, as their lymph ducts are longer to accommodate for womb expansion.

The intestinal tract is a rather dynamic system; always changing and sometimes more AS-genic than other times. It is very difficult to predict what exactly goes on there. I also thought once that I had an 'iron constitution,' but I was wrong about that, too!

I have tested the molecular mimicry proposition from every direction I could think of, and it has withstood all tests during the previous 15 years, but I am always keen to subject it to further scrutiny...notwithstanding that, after all is said and done and whatever the "real" mechanism really is, acting upon the belief that this germ is the cause of AS really works: RESULTS matter, everything else is useless banter. So, I counsel that, if You take antibiotics, make sure they are effective against Klebsiella (yes, I have done this experiment, also).

And I cannot escape Edgar Cayce's admonition to his biographer (who almost certainly had AS) circa 1932: "Diet is everything."

HEALTH,
John

Unsure how much research you have done... but I believe a lot has to do with health of GI as well. That includes the leaky gut and also dysbiosis.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
I'd recommend the book "The Paleo Approach" by Sarah Ballantyne.

Don't let the title of the book distract you, this tome (it's a fat one!) gets into all sorts of detail regarding autoimmune disorders in general, and how you can tackle and manage your symptoms naturally.

http://www.amazon.ca/The-Paleo-Approach-Reverse-Autoimmune/dp/1936608391

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17214445-the-paleo-approach

B27+, 2nd Rheumy: 'inflammatory backpain'.
IBS + SI/lumbar/thoracic/cervical/knee/elbow stiffness & pain.
Managing inflammation very well with diet since Jan 2011.
Slow but consistent reduction in symptoms year by year.
Haven't seen a physician in years.
Took LDN (4.5mg) between 2013-2015, 2018-2019.
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Probably just inflammation.

AS Czar
AS Czar
Hi, Tnate:

It is the first rule of Product Engineering: The more of a thing that you make, the better you become at making it; we become great at over-producing IgA-Kp in response to smaller amounts of the bacterium.

HEALTH,
John

Magical_AS_Kicker
Magical_AS_Kicker
I honestly think a variety of factors come into play in leading many of us down the road to getting AS.

I have met some folks who got a bout of serious food poisoning (and/or parasite related) that upset their gut health and later led to chronic inflammation and leaky gut and then AS. You can be a superman of health until a parasite or bacteria comes along (aka kryptonite or agressive bacteria/parasite/fungus) and disrupts the happy balance in your body. A good friend of mine was living abroad and got a nasty parasite infection 10 years ago, that she never fully recovered from (even after several treatments, antibiotics) and now she eats a limited diet like mine to control her gut health and symptoms.

For some giardia from drinking unsafe stream water while climbing a mountain, can later lead to a nasty parasite infection in the gut, that is harder for some to triumph then others, which would also open the gut of "pandoras box" up to other infections and overgrowths. Which can cause great distress for an otherwise healthy person.

And, please, please, please check out the movie "Genetic Roulette" rent it online easily, to learn about how GMOs (soy, corn) in the food supply can destroy an otherwise healthy gut, and lead to a whole mess of ailments. This film will help open your eyes to a lot that is going on with the modern food supply, I promise. Really worth the watch. See here to rent it online and watch the free movie trailer

Then you' ve also got the modern diet full of fake "foods" with highly processed ingredients, there are many food additives that aren't real food based, nasty preservatives, plastics, wood cellulose, pesticides, chemicals, gums, fillers. This is the "straw that broke the camels back" theory. How many chemical laden soda pops and fast food meals can one eat before their body can't take it anymore. Sure I grew up eating fast food and drinking soda (not everyday, but still pretty often) and now my body can't tolerate them at all. But for many years growing up I could just fine! And many people now eating paleo diets have found the same to be true for their bodies. Just like, "How many cigarettes can one smoke before they get lung cancer?" A few cigarettes sure you can still run a marathon, but years of smoking, and your lungs are now damaged and you are no longer running marathons. But for many of those early years of smoking, one can still feel really healthy, ya know, until that moment when the body cannot take it anymore.

And then someone like me, who had chronic ear infections as a child and so I was on Antibiotics for a solid year straight. Antibiotics can do a real number on destroying a healthy gut community. I have also run into people who took a course of antibiotics later in life and never fully recovered a healthy balanced gut, and developed new health problems and food intolerances from it. (Though I have read of some who benefited from antibiotics, like our Dragon Slayer, I am just personal terrified of them after some of my own experiences throughout my life)

I agree that checking out the Paleo Approach by Sarah Ballentine is a great idea too! Check out her website paleomom.com

Then you gotta check out the root canal theory, very interesting, klebsiella are known to thrive and incubate themselves in dead sealed off teeth where root canals have been preformed you gotta check out this article! http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articl...20218_DNL_art_1

I am sure I am leaving out so many other pathways to a leaky gut and AS, but those are a free that come to mind.

x

Last edited by bettyrawker; 08/04/14 04:25 PM.

I'm now a KICK AS (and Kick IBD) success story!! After going low starch Paleo to heal my gut, I can now eat nearly all starches, grains & foods without inflammation, flare-ups, or pain. I used a modified SCD diet approach (minus dairy! plus cacao ♥). Cheers to healing & thriving again! I blog at http://www.forestandfauna.com/about/
D
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
My first nasty AS flare came along with a nasty bout of food poisoning that totally flushed me out when I was 26. I'm thinking a parasite got me. Altering my diet has reduced CRP down from 100 to 20 but now I'm wondering if the reason I struggle to get rid of that last bit of inflammation is because I still have a parasite causing a "background" level of inflammation.

Diagnosed AS year 2000 age 26; First onset of major symptoms came with severe food poisoning leaving me in chronic pain hardly able to walk/sleep/sit - never been the same since; HLA-B27 positive; bouts of iritis; no biologics ever, controlling with NSAID's and diet but trying to get off NSAID's through various "biohacking" experimentations; Live in Auckland, New Zealand
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (haydenk), 113 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM