Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 505 of 566 1 2 503 504 505 506 507 565 566
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Due to heel pain, I wasn't walking as much as I should have been in the fall. Since Christmas day, been trying to get out a walk ~ 1 mile or so each day. The SI / butt aren't quite convinced that I should be doing that, but ultrasound, ice, and heat are allowing it. and the walking does make the rest of me feel so much better smile

I need to get an indoor bike that i can use. I bought one but it hurts my neck to sit on it....try try again.....

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
L
Lon Offline
L
Wrestle with the kids! What a work out!

Cutting fire wood, trimming limbs, carrying it inside.

It is just beautiful here with the snow and blue sky...if you can stand the cold.

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
I have been running, just not posting. When the current cold spell hit I started on the elliptical at the gym.

Steve Orchard, Running from AS & MS
Veteran_AS_Kicker
Veteran_AS_Kicker
I have been walking on a treadmill for a few months now. Usually do a couple miles at a time, some days I will go to the gym twice and get in 5 miles for the day. Somewhere around 10,000 steps a day is what I aim for. Since I stopped working it's really hard to not be a couch potato. My doctor wants me at 180lbs. So that meant losing 20 lbs of jelly around my belly.
So far I have only lost 5 lbs. I am still having crazy nightime low back pain, but Iam happy that I am now able to at least do something. I am praying that my efforts pay off and I can get a good night's sleep.

EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Hi Team! cheerleader

Originally Posted By: fergus
1000 metres on Friday
1000 metres on Saturday.
All those metres were in the pool.

Keep going guys

I can't tell you how many times I think of you swimming when I'm in the pool. It really keeps me going!

Originally Posted By: Sue22
Due to heel pain, I wasn't walking as much as I should have been in the fall. Since Christmas day, been trying to get out a walk ~ 1 mile or so each day. The SI / butt aren't quite convinced that I should be doing that, but ultrasound, ice, and heat are allowing it. and the walking does make the rest of me feel so much better smile

I need to get an indoor bike that i can use. I bought one but it hurts my neck to sit on it....try try again.....

Sue, that's exactly how my body feels... as if it's not convinced I should be moving!

Is your bike a reclining bike or sitting up?

Originally Posted By: Lon
Wrestle with the kids! What a work out!

Cutting fire wood, trimming limbs, carrying it inside.

It is just beautiful here with the snow and blue sky...if you can stand the cold.

It's beautiful here, too!!!

Isn't wrestling with the littles SO GREAT?!

Originally Posted By: Orch
I have been running, just not posting. When the current cold spell hit I started on the elliptical at the gym.

Glad you're still running & using the elliptical!

I use you ALL the time as an example of how ignoring doctor's orders works out for so many of us. LOL

I've not been posting much either. I WILL CHANGE THAT!

Originally Posted By: elmerfudd
I have been walking on a treadmill for a few months now. Usually do a couple miles at a time, some days I will go to the gym twice and get in 5 miles for the day. Somewhere around 10,000 steps a day is what I aim for. Since I stopped working it's really hard to not be a couch potato. My doctor wants me at 180lbs. So that meant losing 20 lbs of jelly around my belly.
So far I have only lost 5 lbs. I am still having crazy nightime low back pain, but Iam happy that I am now able to at least do something. I am praying that my efforts pay off and I can get a good night's sleep.

ONLY 5 lbs?! THAT'S AWESOME!!! 1/4 toward your goal.

Keep doing what you're doing!!!

Sorry I've been absent for a few weeks. blush

There was the issue of the knee and prednisone for a few days, which is all healed up. clap

Then we went to Arizona for the holiday week, and the driving let me to another 3 days of prednisone. (I totally went off the reservation here and didn't ask my MD) shocked He would have said yes anyway, and I didn't want to bother him over Christmas.

The up side is that I got to swim in the same pool as Michael Phelps... but not at the same time. clown

Yesterday was my first full day swimming back from vacation. It felt soooooooooo nice to be in "my own" pool! yes

My body is really mad now about the two short bursts of pred, and now I'm waking up much stiffer than usual, all over sick feeling, and in more pain than usual.

Today I rebelled and took pain meds at 10am, and washed & polished my wood floors all day until just now. So that's 5 hours I'll pay for tomorrow. At least the cleaner/polish I use isn't toxic or scented, so I won't have a chem response.

ANYWAY, sorry again for being away for so long and THANK YOU for posting and keeping me motivated! heart

Go TEAM! 1cup

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

Erica,

It looks kinda like this:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSS02TvU21gi6LXwODgCdZHXhMfPpLvzrHQjfClN1HHnPRmLwTkTNLg0gAKdcj73ZHwl7_n8JD0&usqp=CAY

they said it was a "recumbent" bike but I should have known from looking at it that I couldn't do it, as I can't sit on high chairs (like bar stools, etc).

I need a true recumbent stationary bike, one where you sit way back and the pedals are higher or the same height as the chair, not below it.

If you or anyone else have a good suggestion...I'll post the question on the front page too.....

Yesterday we took a lovely walk in the back field surrounded by the hedge row and small (mostly ash) trees that were growing in the field (needs to be brush-hogged)....just a few inches of snow on the ground, it was a lovely walk. Not sure the distance, but we were out there for ~45 minutes.

At one point we saw rabbit tracks, then what looked like rabbit and fox tracks...wonder if the fox got the rabbit? probably is my guess.

Today it rained most of the day and I wimped out and didn't take a walk.

But tomorrow I resolve to smile

Last edited by Sue22; 01/04/15 05:58 AM.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
EricaK Offline OP
Royal_AS_kicker
OP Offline
Royal_AS_kicker
Yes I can see that set up would hurt me as well. I was hoping it would be a matter of switching out the seat. My trike seat has a groove in back, and it's a wide feel seat, so that no part of the seat ever connects with my tail bone or sacrum. I tried a recumbent, but the pressure on my sacrum was too painful. Have you tried out rowing machines? I used one for years and loved it, though eventually my S2 kept causing problems after... ah the life of staying moving! Keep trying for the perfect indoor machine! clap

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Ran 4 miles on Saturday. We still have snow off the side of the road, so I don't feel comfortable running there. They covered a canal near my house, and put a paved trail on top of it. They keep that cleared off for people to run, and bike on. That is where I went running Saturday.

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
I made a New Years resolution to stop running. I have almost made it a week so far, but I think on Saturday it will be over:). It is that time of year when I need to start running up the canyon to get out of the inversion.

Last edited by Orch; 01/08/15 03:42 PM.

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Ran 4.2 miles in American Fork canyon on Saturday.

Page 505 of 566 1 2 503 504 505 506 507 565 566

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (haydenk), 103 guests, and 82 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM