Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
G
Hi,

I just received my first supplements today (they should have come on Friday). I have decided to start with Lactoferrin & NAC for my biofilm disruptor's. Saccharomyces Boulardii in case of intestinal candida and also according to some stuff on PubMed it can improve intestinal permeability and improvement of intestinal barrier function. I haven't read the articles yet for the details as I discovered this after deciding to get it for suspect candida but I have the links.

My other 'kill' choice is Olive leaf extract which is supposed to be effective against klebsiella but not kill any good stuff which is what put me off oregano oil. I am still considering other klebsiella targeted ones to use in rotation and am compiling a list of possibles unfortunately chardonnay is out as I am avoiding alcohol lol!

In addition to this (I think I have said this already) I have been adding raw milk kefir (48 hr ferment) starting with small amounts and I think this is really helping, organic coconut oil, apple cider vinegar with the mother and green pastures fermented cod liver oil.

I also started taking a B12 spray last week too.

I haven't tried sauerkraut again and have stopped the bone broths for now and am feeling slightly better. Bone broths soups make me so horribly dopey and GRUMPY.
Someone suggested histamine intolerance which panicked me a bit, more food restrictions and yes I could tick some boxes for that but not the main allergy type signs. I am ignoring that for now.
I am far too bony lost another kg over the last month which might condone the muscle/ligament problems: not enough fat to pad out. I think my mum worries I am anorexic but far from it I have always loved my food its just hard when you are trying to work out what if anything is stopping you from healing.

I am now deciding on my healing ones I already have colostrum and L'glutamine. Makes it seem less bad getting them in stages.

I am going to ease into the supplements and decided to start with Lactoferrin so have taken the grand total of 1 so far :-D

Great to hear what you are doing and I will keep you posted as to how its going.

Funnily enough I was just looking at Kriss Kresser on gut healing earlier. Thanks for the links to the podcasts.

x

NSD almost all the way
No dairy hard cheeses occasionally and homemade ghee
Still trying to work out what makes me tick and what makes me drop

'Chew your drinks and drink your foods'
'Let your knife & fork do the work of your teeth and let your teeth do the work of your stomach'
Mahatma Gandhi
M
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
M
It seems we're both getting started then, Good luck and thank you for the update!

M
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
M
Have you starch tested the lactoferrin or noticed any effects a few days in? I was getting serious SI burning after taking interfase plus so I just iodine tested it and it's definitely starchy.

G
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
G
Hi,

I checked the ingredients of interfase and thought they looked ok thats bad it came up starchy. I was considering kirkmans version as interfase has egg white in but that shouldn't be starchy?

No I haven't starch tested good idea and my neck was feeling much better until yesterday morning which would be 3 days after taking my first tablet so it might not be that I did have some cheese on Tues and an egg yolk and avocado on Mon so they could possibly be the culprits.

However I did add in some of the others too so will test those.
I did feel the lactoferrin was helping though that is prbably a placebo effect imagining it mopping up all the excess iron and giving it to me smile.

Will let you know.

NSD almost all the way

'Let your knife & fork do the work of your teeth and let your teeth do the work of your stomach'
Mahatma Gandhi
G
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
G
I haven now checked them all and non test starchy. Phew! The Lactoferrin is Jarrows

NSD almost all the way

Mahatma Gandhi
Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
Butyric acid

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4027835/

http://www.science20.com/news_articles/b...e_system-124388

I personally believe the short chain fatty acids are the key to healing the gut. Especially for those with really messed up gut flora

No families take so little medicine as those of doctors, except those of apothecaries.

Oliver Wendell Holmes
M
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
M
@ Grumpally Yay!!

@drizzit Have you had success supplementing with this? I know that beneficial gut flora make butyric acid so I'm sure I'm low on this (low levels of lacto and bifido) Thanks for the input

M
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
M
Checked in with my nutritionist/doctor yesterday - She warned me about taking prebiotics too early. I was taking some acacia but she feels that prebiotics are a bad idea until enough of bad bacteria are reduced, otherwise the prebiotics feed the bad bugs.

She was surprised about the interfase being starchy as well. I had gotten that off Amazon and she wondered if maybe it wasn't the real deal. She claims Klaire Labs (maker of Interfase) only sells to physicians so you can't trust vendors of it on Amazon. Going to get a regular bottle of of Interfase (not plus, thinking the plus with the edta might be too strong for me) through her and see how that goes.

Who knows! Just thought I should mention these things smile

Last edited by miniowl; 07/03/15 02:25 PM.
S
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
S
Keep us updated its interesting stuff

I notice you are off dairy but having milk kefir - does dairy not have the same inflammatory effect if its kefirred?

G
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
G
Ooh that interesting about prebiotics I will have to look into that.
I do wonder about sources for supplements I got all mine off Amazon sellers eek useful to know. So far not noticed anything major appart from very liquidy movements noises coming from tum/intestines after taking S Boulardii!!

NSD almost all the way

Mahatma Gandhi
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!