Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
wle1 Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
W
It was watermelon juice I believe, but I think it could be the fact that it was loaded with sugar. Unnaturally of course.

W
wle1 Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
W
So far, I've spent $136 for this week on food. At the moment, I'm trying to create a system that is easy to follow.

Right now, the way I have it set up is: meal plan everything, try out the recipes (iodine test ingredients, figure out the correct portions, some modifications here and there), buy everything, prep everything, then cook 2-3 meals at a time.

I'm only cooking 2-3 meals at a time (and eating for a few days) because I need to see if I react to any of the ingredients in the recipes, this is the best way to figure out what works and what doesn't.

I've also been having problems with fitting all the produce in the fridge. I don't think I'll be able to just shop once a week, not with this kitchen anyway. Gotta look for more canned or frozen variety, not like there's that much of a difference in nutrients anyway.

Notes:
- create a system
- change recipes to accommodate space

By the way, has anyone had trouble eating cooked watercress?

Last edited by wle1; 07/17/15 04:41 AM.
W
wle1 Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
W
At this moment I've been having a really hard time to be pain free, and I need a baseline to work with. I fasted the day before yesterday and the pain improved, but after I ate an omelet (eggs, salmon, ground blanched almonds), I still had pain yesterday morning. I think I may be sensitive to FODMAPs because although I've been watching what I eat, I haven't actually watched what I drink, which is usually soy or almond milk (with emulsifiers of course) with some honey to sweeten it.

So now I will go back to what I did before to become pain free and eat the most simplest ingredients, just literally steak/meat and mixed greens/vegetables. Might even be easier on the wallet too, we'll see.

Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
I like to keep things simple. I have a few go-to meals that take only minutes to cook or don't require cooking at all. I find that if things get too complicated, I tend to cheat and end up paying for it later. I cook most of my meat ahead of time and freeze. This saves a lot of time when I get home from work. You may want to check out some crockpot recipes since you have limited counter space.

Good luck.

Teri

Teri
http://agluten-freemama.blogspot.com/

Pain since 1989
Mis-diagnosed until 2011
SI joints somewhat fused, lower back is trying to fuse
Osteoarthritis in hips
Follows NSD
Takes Ibuprofen only when needed
Loves to swim.
Still working 5 days a week as a secretary then 5 nights a week waitressing.
W
wle1 Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
W
Yeah I've been trying to find some good slow cooker recipes but all the recipes always have some sort of starch in it, unless it's a soup or stew.

But anyway, I've just been having a rough time going pain free at the moment, and I had a bit of an incident last week (I had a piece of steak stuck in my esophagus and had to go to the hospital...). But I think for now, I will stick with salad greens, meat, and about a handful of "safe" vegetables. In other words, really, really strict. No rice, alcohol, or coffee. Plenty of probiotic foods though (sauerkraut, kvass, yogurt). Doesn't seem like this costo wants to leave me. Chest pains are worse than the back pain.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 41 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Uveitis again and I miss you guys!
by Magician - 01/20/22 05:14 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,181,146 hmmm
1,239,845 OMG!!!!