Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#513908 02/10/16 02:20 AM
T
tux Offline OP
OP Offline
T
So I've completely put my disease into remission using Diet alone. But an interesting question came up tonight. A few friends invited me to a Hookah lounge. They asked if I could be around Hookah smoke. And I thought ya know I'm not sure. I used to smoke it back in the day (I WOULD NEVER NOW) But what about being around it? Does anyone on here have experience with that. Or maybe work in a place with lots of second hand smoke. Could just being in a place like that affect us? Thanks for any answers!

AS Czar
AS Czar
Hello, tux
Happy to know You have achieved such great results from diet. CONGRATULATIONS. Regret I can only offer moderate opinion, confidence hyphen wise. I don't think such minor intermittent exposure would cause much trouble with AS...it takes a bit more nicotine to affect gut healing. But being around that harsh Egyptian tobacco is generally very uncomfortable. Hold Your breath. ..
HEALTH,
John

S
New_Member
New_Member
S
Hello tux!!

Greetings

I dont know about the passive smoke effect on AS , but to tell that active smoking triggers flare as what i felt personally .. I used to be a smoker before my diagnosis but then i quit after diagnosis for around some one year ..and the one day i could not resist the tempetataion n again started smoking occasionaly ...but then a after a day when i smoked three sticks of cigratte, i have had start of flares n again i had to take NSAIDs for sometime to stop the progress of flare. It was a lessoned well learnt that now i can never afford to smoke again.

I am really glad to know that u have remmision of AS by adopting deit control . I would like to know about ur deitery details in more elobrative way . Please share ur dietery expereinces with schedules. It ll be helpful to eveery one whos gonna start a deitery control.!

T
tux Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Well This is all I eat

Fruit
1.Green Grapes
2.Raspberries
3.Blackberries
4.Dates
5.Figs
6.Prunes

Vegetables
1.Celery
2.Broccoli
3.Olives
4.All Kinds Of Lettuce

Meat.
1.Beef
2.Chicken
3.Turkey
4.Pork(not a lot though)

Spices
1.Sea Salt

Drinks
1.Water

I have completely healed myself eating a combination of those things every day. At my worst I had, 0r had symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis, Arthritis, Iritis, Autoimmune inner disease, interstitial cystitis. and Swelling of ankles. ALL have been put into remission. I'm 100% healthy and 98% pain free. I work out every day and live a clean simple straight edge life.

The way I did it, was I went on a elimination diet. I only ate Turkey, rasberries, dates, Celery, and Olives For MONTHS, until I put everything into remission. Then I added stuff back in. Also before I went on my elimination diet. I did a week Juice fast. And also I did a week long water only fast which was probably the best thing Ive ever done regarding this disease because it totally reset my Body. There are Probably a lot more things I can eat that wouldn't affect me. But at this point im in no rush to add stuff back in, because I feel so good, and I have become content with the simplicity of my diet. I'm a very simple man, I'm a man of faith who strives to live a simple life, so this diet was actually right up my alley. I wrote a long post a little while ago over in the diet section called "ITS NOT WHAT YOU EAT, ITS WHAT YOU DON'T EAT" Which basically means just "eating healthy" wont heal us. You have to, through trial and error find EVERYTHING in your diet that's affecting you and remove it forever, and only eat the things (healthy or un healthy) that don't affect you.

Anyway that's how I did it. Anyone is free to PM anytime for more info.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,898 hmmm
1,319,692 OMG!!!!