Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
New_Member
New_Member
Can you tell us a little more about your diet? And any possible food allergies?

W
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
W
Diet is good and I workout daily ( few miles - running). I just can't seem to shake this sterile urethritis, joint aches, spine stiffness, off.

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Hang in there and just keep looking for answers. If you are working with a doctor and that doctor is continuing to try to help you, trying new things to find something that works, etc, keep working with that doctor.

But if like for me, a doctor tries one or two things and when they don't work, and stops trying, or if a doctor says "sorry, I can't help you", then find another doctor.

I tried working with doctors, but the first rheumy said "i don't know." the second one tried to pin me with fibro and EDS (but I don't fit those and i had a bunch of very good doctors (mostly physiatrists, etc) rule those things out over and over again so I knew that wasn't right, besides he told me that he didn't help patients with those things and sent me on my way. The next rheumy said "not enough evidence of inflammation." and sent me on my way. The next would only try a few nasals that were no match for my flares and gave me edema and/or gastritis anyway and when i kept pushing him to help me past those few meds and he kept saying the other meds were "dangerous" and i was like "well, i can't live like this and inflammation is dangerous" and he just stone-walled me.

So, finally, I flew to another city in another state, and finally found a rheumy knowledgeable enough to recognize the spondyloarthropathy.

And for me, it isn't just the SI, neck, entheses, but also the GI inflammation, dry eyes, mouth sores. psoriasis, erythema nodosum. All of it together that got me dx'ed.

It took 12 years and all those rheumies but finally on humor and making all the difference in the world.

So, keep working with doctors who will keep working with you and/or find doctors who will keep working with you til you hit on something that makes the difference.

Too, look into your family history. Clues are often there. My aunt has really bad psoriatic arthritis, and still it took her 50 years and finally so bad she needed a walker to get around before she could get the dx and treatment she needed.

Unfortunately it can take a very long time to find the right doctor who can and will help us.

Hope it doesn't take you that long.

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
W
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
W
The doc I've been working with said i think we tried few painkiller and pred lets try Humira.

doc thinks its seronegative sponyloarthropathy / Reactive Arthritis chronic but will diagnosis AS to insurance companies for approval.

What is seronegative sponyloarthropathy ? All my blood work is negative for infectious along with HLB 27 gene (neg). No family history.

Started after UTI. Could I still have UTI bug or is this hit and run type of deal?

W
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
W
I'm scared to try Humira after reading ill side effect warning. BUT at the same time seems likes its the only SHOT I have .

Something better than NOTHING.

M
mig Offline
M
Hi,

'Seronegative' just means that you did not test positive for the HLA B27 gene.

Sounds plausible to me that it was a hit and run type of bug if you haven't had UTI symptoms for a long while.

If you try Humira, I'd be cautious to keep an eye of for symptoms of the UTI returning. If you do notice any signs, stop the med and tell your doctor right away. Not a worry if caught early, but it is wise to be paying attention.

mig
W
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Apprentice_AS_Kicker
W
Mig,

UTI? I always have had UTI urethritis type of symptoms last two years. The only way it gets better is if i'm on Flagyl.

And that is short live while Flagyl is in the system.

If I don't take any antibiotics, then I have a full blown picture of reactive arthritis. ie..eye pain, urethritis joint pain, etc...

All of these get better with Flagyl. I've taken flagyl for 1 month without much success.

Prednisone - made symptoms worse.

I have prostatitis but not sure if its in relationship to ReA or AS.

I've taken good amount of meds and nothing seems to help besides Flagyl, yet my doctors are not sure why Flagyl helps.

I agree with you HUMIRA will make ReA worse. But, again I also have classic symptoms of AS. ..ie..spine pain, rib pain, morning stiffness etc...

I don't know what to do. I feel ReA has never went away. Some how something is mediate a response but again all test are neg.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 99 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM