Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Se7enUK Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
I am now 11 days into a diet change, the first five days where I was juicing was a mistake as I have since learned that this can actually be worse although I still think that there is benefits to be had. Anyway the last 6 days I have virtually wiped out starch in my diet and have definitely noticed the difference this last couple of days.

So my routine is starting to take some shape and this I will use as my base and then just do my best when working away etc...

Morning - I try and go for a swim before work and then have grilled bacon and two eggs for breakfast with a lemon/ginger tea. Then I have a couple of supplements (Oregano, Magnesium and Vitamin D3) when I hit my desk.

Lunch - Currently I mix it up between, a chicken breast, turkey or tinned tuna (in brine) together with a salad of Cucumber, Celery and Spinach adding some black pepper and Apple Cider Vinegar as a dressing. I have also bought some Kimchi in a jar and try and have a couple of spoons which is supposed to be rich in good bacteria for your gut (still acquiring a taste...brrr)

Evenings - Again I just aim for a primary protein source, so steamed Salmon, Chicken, Turkey and this Friday I am looking forward to having a fillet steak smile together with broccoli, kale and some salad bits.

Treat: Dark Chocolate with high coco content and very low sugar

Through out the day I have plenty of water and also try to take a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with water a couple of times (another one that is taking time to get used to).

I have definitely noticed the improvement and hoping this continues and just for reference I stopped taking the Meloxicam the day I started the diet which made for a tough first couple of days but kept thinking this was a hill to get over!

Interested to hear if there is any good additions to add to my base diet??

Last edited by Se7enUK; 09/29/16 12:39 PM.

HLA B27 Negative - Current Supplements:- Vitamin D3 / Magnesium 150mg / Oregano 25mg / Vitamin C / Probiotic (5b CFU) or Kimchi
T
tux Offline
T
My advice is to not get discouraged. I have found from my experience that this disease sort of evolves. You have to be willing to evolve with it, if not you'll get discouraged and depressed. My diet has slowly whittled down to only a few things. Now I've become ok with it because I am in 100% remission. But it was very depressing in the beginning when I had to give up my favorite foods. I currently only eat Red meat, white meat, and Pork. Celery, Broccoli, Romain lettuce, raspberries, grapes, dates, figs, Pineapple, olives and ACV a couple days a week (too much causes me pain) That's it. It's a very simple diet but like I said, I live pain free, and almost forget I have AS. So good luck, just remember there's ALWAYS further you can go. If your pain comes back don't get discouraged just go further with your diet.

B
Bel Offline
Active_Member
Active_Member
B
My husbands diet has been a journey...after initial success he had to make adjustsments as he moved along, removing other foods that reacted to him.
His finger joints are his early warning system

His comfort foods are honey,almond and coconut cookies ... we bake them on a daily basis. they are there always so he has something to eat when he is hungry
Also important for gut health is chicken bone broth soup. Boil a chicken carcas in vegetable water ( best to have organic bones) for quite a few hours. Strain off bones. Use the broth as a base. Boil veggies that you can tolerate for half hour in the broth and then make into a smooth soup . We make up a large batch and put in serving size pots. Healthy food easly accessible.

Extra virgin olive oil is also recommended

Last edited by Bel; 11/10/16 11:53 PM.

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 41 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Uveitis again and I miss you guys!
by Magician - 01/20/22 05:14 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,181,146 hmmm