Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
AS Czar
AS Czar
Hello, Jay:

Regret diet is a bit of a rocky road--we have our ups and downs and get hit by stealthy starches we might not be aware of--basically we need to TEST EVERYTHING.

One problem with the tnf-a inhibitors is that eventually many people can develop antibodies to these. There is a "rule of 40" exposures that allergists believe they can condition a body (or desensitize) to some level of immunity by exposing repeatedly to an allergen. Same with these drugs, sorry to say. It may be time to switch to Enbrel or something similar. And the diet might help extend the efficacy of another, similar drug.

Please list the foods that You are eating; often we get too much starch from fruits that are improperly harvested--ie not allowed to fully ripen on the tree.

Hope You can become pain-free also and in the New Year rediscover
HEALTH,

John

Decorated_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Hello John,

I am listing my diet details.

Breakfast :3 eggs (boiled or omelette or scrambled with 1.5 yolk only)

Lunch and Dinner : Chicken / Mutton / Fish / Tofu - 200 gms
Or Cooked vegetables / green leaves : Carrot (raw also), bottleguard, cauliflower, cabbage, raddish, capsicum, mushroom, Spinach : 200 gms
One egg (white only)

Others items whenever required :

onions, tomatoes, cucumber, tender coconut, almonds, dry grapes, dry fruits, coconut meat, jaggery, ghee

Fruits – Apple (New Zealand – Royal, when tested with Iodine colour did not change much compared to others), pineapple, Grapes, papaya, pomegranate juice

After starting NSD, Iron level has increased and Doctor adviced to stop Non Veg for 2 weeks. Iron level reduced after 2 weeks. It again increased after I resumed Non Veg and Selenium also increased. Presently, I am restricting Non Veg. I am feeling less energy with the above diet and without Non Veg. I was not taking milk and curd for 3 months and started taking them for energy alongwith tea for the last one month. Presently, I am not taking Tofu, since I am feeling a sort of nausea.

Note : I have taken Papaya only on 6 occasions and pomegranate juice twice in 4 months. I have been taking New Zealand apple which tested negatively with Iodine almost regularly. This pain has come only last week.

I tried enbrel in 2007 and stopped since it was not effective.

Advice for further improvement.

Regards.

Jay

Last edited by jay_bharat; 01/02/17 01:05 PM.
AS Czar
AS Czar
Hello, Jay:

Very good diet, congratulations for sticking to this difficult regimen. Just a few points, however: Cauliflower is moderately starchy as are carrots and papaya is very starchy. I do not know about bottle gourd, but You probably tested this?

For some of us, as noted in Carol Sinclair's great book, milk products can be provocative (the dodgy disaccharides) due to the more complex sugars galactose and lactose.

If You are already taking the EVOliveOil, then try adding some borage seed oil >6g all before retiring. Certainly do the EVOO especially before each of the largest meals of the day, but by teaspoonful 8X daily.

Find a proper way to bake the tofu for more firmness with spices, also and use a steak sauce with this. Some ginger tea perhaps for the nausea.

Fresh wheatgrass juice on an empty stomach, >5oz/day for three days and flare should subside, also with the borage seed oil should help very much!

Supplementation is important, and vits D, E, C, niacinamide, and lysine are good, but glutamine also for energy. Concord grape juice about 6-8oz between meals with 500mg glutamine (so 3 times daily).

Pomegranate juice is very good and might also help with the inflammation.

You could have just gotten some stealthy starch in a fruit (Carol says this kind of starch is "most pernicious") or other place; the diet is a very rocky road with constant challenges where we can get discouraged. Hang in there

HEALTH,
John

L
Lon Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
L
Thank you both fo rposting!

Good luck Jay!!!

John is tenacious in support that makes a difference.

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
Decorated_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Hi John,
Thank you for your details. I shall study them, enquire about availability and come back.
How to check for stealthy starch?

Jay

Decorated_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Hi Lon,

Thank you.

Jay

AS Czar
AS Czar
Hello, Jay:

Quote:
How to check for stealthy starch?

TEST EVERYTHING and be aware that things like caramel, although not technically a starch, can also trigger a flare.

HEALTH,
John

Decorated_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Hi John,
Quote:
TEST EVERYTHING

Do you mean Iodine test?. Can you advice How much change in colour is acceptable? if at all.

Jay

Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Yes iodine test. If it turns inky black it is starchy. Iodine test isn't quantative though so you can't really base it on how dark.

One caveat though. Amylopectin starch turns a brownish purple. Amylose starch turns blue black. Amylose starch is what made me sick when I was still starch sensitive. Amylopectin however was safe for me (ie glutinous rice)

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
Decorated_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Thank you. I will check further on this.

Jay

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 41 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Uveitis again and I miss you guys!
by Magician - 01/20/22 05:14 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,181,146 hmmm