Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Gerri54 Offline OP
Veteran_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Veteran_AS_Kicker
G
After many months on all my diets and severe allergies - I finally thought I had an answer to my gut rot. I followed celiac/lactose/egg/corn/wheat free diets - then there was the high blood pressure diet/cholesterol free diet/diabetic diet/oxolate diet/sulfite free diet/low tolerance to soya/no sugar - never the total answer.

When I started the Fructose Malabsorption diet thought that was finally the answer I needed. Except it didn't answer my liver problems. I don't drink alcohol or take drugs because of my anaphylactic allergy to sulfites. Still my blood work always came back high liver enzymes, again I put that to the back of my mind - until. The until came about May of this year. Didn't realize that I continue to drop more and more fruit and vegetables - my liver enzymes were still above normal - then I crashed. I was trying to find homes for my two service dogs. I had severe chest pains - my whole body hurt.

I started reading up on Hereditary Fructose Intolerance - I thought the HFI diet was the same diet as the Fructose Malabsorption diet. The diet started off the same - but not the same. The Fructose Malabsorption diet followed a low fructose diet - where as the Hereditary Fructose Intolerance diet was 98.9 fructose free diet - I had no choice but go total fructose free - no longer could I eat any fruit - very limited vegetables - no sugar - no sugar substitutes - no natural sugars. Everything has sugar of some form or another in it - I still have challenges. I am feeling 75% better - no longer looking for new homes for my puppies/service dogs. I am going finally to get tested for Hereditary Fructose Intolerance January 13, 2017. Then hopefully the genetic test - final answer.

I loss over 35 lbs since July - my cholesterol has much improved - my blood pressure has come down - my severe sleep apnea is normal range - my diabetis (20+ years) now normal - my liver enzymes are slowly coming down (haven't been in normal range ever - but they are heading there now).

Hopefully I get the answers I seek in January. Will write a follow up then.

Take care everyone

Last edited by Gerri54; 12/19/16 12:14 PM.

KickAS member since 04/22/06
Psoriasis(72), AS(2006), PsA with Spondylitis(2011),Vitiligo (69), sleep apnea (2004), Bronchial Asthma, many allergies, anaphylaxis allergy to sulfites, diabetic, Vitamin D deficient - Celiac/fructose intolerance/malabsorption - many co-morbidities
V
Steel_AS_Kicker
Steel_AS_Kicker
V
Wow, you have been through a lot. Do you have a family member with the fructose intolerance?
How many years have you had high liver enzymes?

Take care :)Hope you feel better soon.

Diet change has improved my RA. I feel best eating raw veggies and some fruits and avoiding grains, sugars, nightshades, beans and dairy. Sed rate dropped from 65 to 19, but it took over a year.
www.fatsickandnearlydead.com

excess fat/oils = pain for me
recipes for raw food on Youtube "raw food romance"
and "healing josephine" Josephine is in remission from RA after two years by change diet/exercise
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Hope this goes well for you. Personally I am fine with fructose, it is sucrose that is my problem. Different people have different sensitivities. If I eat fruit on its own on an empty stomach it is fine, in fact it is healing. However if I eat fruit after a meal I get problem.

Also honey is MUCH safer for me than sucrose. Similar reasoning here as the sugars are broken down into glucose and fructose. Safe for me, but not for you!

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 41 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Uveitis again and I miss you guys!
by Magician - 01/20/22 05:14 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,181,146 hmmm
1,239,845 OMG!!!!
644,924 PARTY TIME!