Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
jay_bharat #518039 01/09/18 06:16 AM
J
Active_Member
Active_Member
J
Hi Kevin, thank you for that interesting information on Nicholson. I'm focusing on consuming healthy fats - I have a little virgin coconut oil every day, and fairly copious amounts of extra virgin olive oil on my large green salads. (And a bit of fatty pork belly now and then is very satisfying, though I guess I couldn't call that a healthy fat!)

I agree with you about NSD only reducing bacterial activity - it seems it takes a lot more to kill them off and the NSD doesn't seem to achieve that. I'm wishing to start a course of antibiotics and medical antifungals and am busy contemplating my options on which doctor to approach for help with this. I believe it'll need good supervision. In my case I believe that the NSD has not only reduced the activity of the bad bacteria, but also the good, leaving me vulnerable to a yeast overgrowth which is what has now happened (confirmed by stool analysis). I pour probiotics into myself and while they help with day-to-day symptoms, they're failing to take hold and multiply (also confirmed by the stool analysis) and I believe my NSD (and possibly the antimicrobials) is responsible for this.

I suspect that the pathogenic bacteria that were originally found in my gut and that are no longer showing, are probably still around, but have possibly migrated to my small intestine in search of sustenance. While NSD would work for starving bacteria in the bowel, it seems reasonable to assume it would not be sufficient for bacteria in the small intestine, where bacteria would have ready access to sugar. This might explain why I originally did so well on the NSD, and have now had to remove sugar from my diet as well. It might also explain why so many report failure on NSD.

The main antimicrobial I've used is oregano oil. I've had access through a local laboratory to a particularly good brand. I've also used Berbemycin for a couple of months. At present I'm trying to introduce some variety as the strain of Candida I'm fighting (Candida Glabrata) is hard to beat and builds up resistance to antifungals. So I've tried Candibactin-AR from Metagenics and garlic oil. Nothing seems to have the potency of the oregano oil so I keep reverting to it. I've been prescribed several others but they all seem starchy and cause me pain - the most effective of these was sage leaf extract which seemed to be working but increased my pain levels. Oils seem a safe way to go.

I think you're right about the insomnia being hormone related, though I feel in my case that it's also very much connected to gut activity. My insomnia is slowly improving though I have a long way to go. In 2016 I seldom slept longer than 45 minutes in one stretch, and three hours was a particularly good night. I sometimes didn't sleep at all. Now I mostly sleep four hours in a stretch, occasionally up to six for the night,and I've had a couple of nights where I slept longer than that.

I think that's all! Best wishes - Jane

jay_bharat #518040 01/09/18 06:24 AM
J
Active_Member
Active_Member
J
Hi Jay, essentially if you have bloating starting about half an hour after eating, when your food is starting to enter your small intestine, then it is likely that you have an overgrowth of some pathogen in your small intestine that is welcoming the food supply. It could be fungal or bacterial.

Regarding whether you have AS or fibro, I find there are a lot of overlaps between the two, but there are a few distinctions. My rheumatologist told me that pain focused in the shoulder girdle is more likely to be fibro. I also find that my fibro symptoms include a lot of muscular fatigue/ pain/ weakness, which doesn't seem typical of AS (although sometimes muscular pain is easy to confuse with enthesitis until you get the hang of it). A fibro diagnosis also seems to require insomnia as a factor, and headaches and mood issues are common. That's quite apart from the tender points, but these seem to come and go with me! This is a non-medical opinion but I hope it helps - Jane

Janclebro #518041 01/09/18 07:00 AM
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Out of desperation I took six days of amoxicillin for the infections that I have had in my head and other places since August 2013. I was actually given eight days worth but I was developing strept throat like symptoms and lots of mucous build up. How ironic since people take amoxcillian to actually cure such symptoms!!

It seems to have made much of my body worse, did no good and also gave me a lot of gas. I guess the fungus and other microbes that are resistant to amoxcillian have increased in numbers.

So, back to the cloves, garlic, ginger, star anise (for flavour), cinnamon, black seed oil, etc. They may not be as powerful as penicillin but they are less likely to blow you off balance.

I find that the right amount of exercise really is great for boosting immunity too.

HLA-B27 neg, vague AS symptoms in 20s and early 30s
1993:fibromyalgia (age 25)
2013.07:Reverse blockage in a SCUBA accident
2013.08:Scratched by a sick cat
2013.09:Strange sore throat then meningitis
2014:Chronic inflammation at the base of the skull
2014 to early 2015:excess NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation, included psoriasis
NSD helped well and but was not perfect
2018.07: weak +'ve tests for borrelia, babesia, bartonella and mycoplasma pneumonia using Armin Lab, ANA=equivocal
jay_bharat #518042 01/09/18 07:40 AM
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Hi All:

Perhaps frequent massages with essential oils would be beneficial for getting healing compounds into the body instead of just relying on pills. This bypasses the stomach and liver and gets the compounds into our blood with less processing or stress on those organs.

I have large doubts that any doctor is willing to prescribe antimicrobial if we are not in a state of acute illness where there is obvious puss that isn't going to go away. Generally low threat pathogens in immunocompetent individuals are a slow growing annoyance which is very difficult to control/reduce; just one little slip up or long-term stressor and they grow exponentially.

Another oil I just ordered is black seed oil. I know someone with Morgellons disease and she says it works the best of all things that she has tried in year.

To aid the antimicrobials I have ordered the chelating agent EDTA to break down biofilms; not exactly safe to use but what really is when a doctor prescribes a pill?? I have read that a biofilm disruptors make some antibiotics work on stubborn infections with antibiotic doses between 100x to 1000x smaller than what doctors have used in the past. It is now understood that it is biofilms that are the reason why antibiotics work poorly in a large proportion of chronic infections or why people relapse after being cured by antibiotics.

I don't know why doctors still have not developed protocols that go something as follows: use antimicrobials with nutritional support for the liver, kidneys and other organs and with biofilm disruptors, then follow up with large doses of probiotics. Conventional medicine only does one of four of those items. No wonder some people struggle to get better, or have organ damage from excessively high doses of antibiotics and antifungals, and then just get reinfected because of the microbes that sequester themselves in biofims and then repopulate the empty spaces if no probiotics were quickly provided.

Other good biofilm disruptors are eating raw lemons or drinking unsweetened, freshly squeezed lemons. And of course a mixture of enzymes.

BTW Jane, have you had your Candida genetically tested? Mine was tested using the PCR method at Genova Labs and the strain I have is resistant to caprylic acid. I've probably had it since very young! It did not show up in culturing a few months ago but that makes sense since a biofilm will secure microbes very well and not enough may get out of the bottom of an [*bleep*] (or into a blood stream) then into a petri dish. However, PCR can pick up and amplify the genetic fragments that do get pulled out of the films.

There is another drug that works in a very different fashion on fungus. It is very controversial and can only be obtained from a veterinarian. It is called lufenuron. There mostly is a lot of bad propaganda on the internet and some scary reports. Care must be taken to not ingest a grade that is used in agriculture on plants to kill bug pests; for the impurities certainly will give people strange side effects or make people sick or worse. There have been no clinical trials in humans on the drug but I think that it truly is no more dangerous than the long, tried and "true???" antifungals. Its mechanism of action is very different from the classic antifungals and claims are that it has no toxicity on the liver and kidneys. However I have read that it effects many other metabolic processes and is retained in fat (the latter which is part of the medical treatment). But that scary propaganda is probably a list that is shorter than the list of side effects in the already accepted antifungals. It can be difficult to balance and read the scales right. I love conspiracy theories!! https://ever.is/2017/11/26/weaponized-fungus-the-ultimate-conspiracy-patty-yu/ Watching that is good for a laugh!

I hope that helps. Fibromyalgia may be caused by chronic stealth infections!

2014 to early 2015:excess NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation, included psoriasis
2018.07: weak +'ve tests for borrelia, babesia, bartonella and mycoplasma pneumonia using Armin Lab, ANA=equivocal
jay_bharat #518044 01/09/18 08:17 PM
J
Active_Member
Active_Member
J
You raise some interesting points, Kevin. The laboratory that tested my candida doesn't sound quite as sophisticated as yours, but they did come up with a species. Initially (June 2017) it was candida krusei, a very rare species, plus they mentioned that there were other unnamed species. The candida krusei was tested as sensitive to oregano oil.

A second test in November 2017 now showed no obvious signs of the krusei, but instead showed a much greater proliferation of candida glabrata, 10e9 which I was told is extremely high. Though less rare than the krusei, it is notoriously difficult to treat as it apparently becomes resistant to whatever you throw at it. Unfortunately by November the laboratory was no longer testing sensitivities for fungal pathogens, so I'm buying up whatever natural antifungals I can tolerate and trying to rotate them. Well that is what I should be doing in theory, but the reality is that I keep reverting to the oregano oil! I understand I have quite a journey ahead, which is why I've given up fruit.

Regarding biofilms, I understand that yeasts and bacteria can work together in this regard. I've been taking enzymes daily to help with breaking them down. I also drink warm water with fresh lemon most mornings.

A nutritionist suggested I try a course of medical antifungals, followed by another course a month later. I'm considering it but would like to deal with the bacteria problem at the same time.

Which candida are you fighting?

Janclebro #518045 01/10/18 04:31 AM
Decorated_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Hi Jane,

I have bloating starting about half an hour after eating only when I had food outside home, at a time when I was away from home for some days. I do not have it now. since it is not there always, I think it may not be related to bacteria.

The present criteria for fibro does not consider tender points. It considers whole body wide spread pain. They present a questionnaire to the patient. Though, I do not have many of these symptoms, since every other thing such as bone, muscle are normal, doctor is suspecting fibro.

Thanks for the info.

Jay

Robin_H #518046 01/10/18 04:33 AM
Decorated_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Hi Robin_H,

I think massage has definitely given me some relief.

Jay

jay_bharat #518049 01/10/18 02:14 PM
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Hi Jane:

Mine is C. Albicans.

jay_bharat #518051 01/12/18 06:06 AM
J
Active_Member
Active_Member
J
Hi Jay, I'm interested to hear what you say about tender points, as mine come and go. The fact that your bloating is not there all the time could be diet related, especially as it seems worse when you eat out. Maybe you're giving the pathogens less to feed on at home? - Jane

jay_bharat #518052 01/12/18 06:08 AM
J
Active_Member
Active_Member
J
Hi Robin - have you tried oregano oil? It's an outstanding antifungal. - Jane

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 40 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts