Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Exact:

I haven't checked how each of the antibiotics act in a body but I suspect that more important part of the antibiotic rotation method is to lower microbial loads in collagen tissues. Getting infection out of the gut membranes is likely very important too.

The method of rotating antibiotics isn't unlike what some Lyme Disease doctors use -- kill them inside the cell, in the blood, etc.

HLA-B27 neg, vague AS symptoms in 20s and early 30s
1993:fibromyalgia (age 25)
2013.07:Reverse blockage in a SCUBA accident
2013.08:Scratched by a sick cat
2013.09:Strange sore throat then meningitis
2014:Chronic inflammation at the base of the skull
2014 to early 2015:excess NSAID use developed complete axial inflammation, included psoriasis
NSD helped well and but was not perfect
2018.07: weak +'ve tests for borrelia, babesia, bartonella and mycoplasma pneumonia using Armin Lab, ANA=equivocal
E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
I believe DragonSlayer's rationale is that the Cipro takes the bacteria levels down overall. Not advisable to stay on Cipro indefinitely so the Tetracycline helps control symptoms between cycles. Flagyl also helps with this and reduces risk of C Diff overgrowth.

P
New_Member
New_Member
P
Hi Exacta,

im very interested in your diary of results so far on the antibiotics course. its something i need to consider myself as NSD has made no difference to me for 6 months.

Whats the latest!?
thanks, Patch

AS Czar
AS Czar
WELCOME, PatchyP:

There are reasons the diet might not be very effective for some people and it has a lot to do with how long You have had AS; although the gut is the primary battleground, we develop colonies outside of this region and I believe that I had severe SIBO. I have not updated my commentary to the protocol, but You can find it in my dropbox linked "Important AS Resources."

HEALTH,
John

E
Exacta Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
E
Patchy - Here's my rough update:

Felt great after conclusion of Cipro round 1. About 7 days into Flagyl+Tetra, started to feel crappy again. I went back to another round of Cipro, which has just ended yesterday.

Now for the first time in about 30 days, I am on no abx and taking copious probiotics (kimchi, kombucha, prescript assist, homemade yogurt). I feel good.

Not every day is 100%, but I believe I can say that 'the trend is my friend'. Also pro tip, these things are a game changer for me:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LL3FQQC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I toss whatever protein I am eating into one of those, and it drastically improves my morale.

P
New_Member
New_Member
P
Exacta- thanks for the update. Great to read that you are feeling good on it. Thanks for the link. The wraps look like a treat! i always have a stock of my "biscuit" made from beef fat, ground flax seed/sesame/pumpkin plus coconut flour and egg.

I will be considering the antibiotics option for myself.

John- thanks for your welcome! Its really lovely that you are still supporting people like me after having helped so many over the years! thankyou.

My story is that i have had symptoms slowly developing over 11 years (im now 30). For a long time i have adjusted my lifestyle to accommodate my problems. But now my sleep has become very poor, and injuries wont heal, and its all too much to just live with, so im trying hard to reduce the inflammation at source. I have stayed off the meds, as they all sound pretty dangerous.

I have read and read here on the forum. 6 months NSD with no perceivable reaction at all. It sounds like the best options next are:

-water fasting, thanks for your helpful link. (i tried a 3 day apple fast with no clear response)
-antibiotics course (thanks for your link here too)
-removal of amalgam fillings and heavy metal detox

Are there any other suggestions you have that can augment the NSD that i have missed?

Patch

P
New_Member
New_Member
P
John-
I wonder if you have an idea how successful the antibiotic protocol has been for other people who have tried it? Do you know many who have had success from Abx?

Exacta-
Did you buy your Abx online? what was your source? I'm sure i won't be able to have them prescribed by my doctor.

Thanks. Patch

AS Czar
AS Czar
Hello, Patch:

I have corresponded with many people who have experienced considerable success using their own version of my AP for AS. Of these perhaps over 40 individuals, there was one person who was unwilling to use the Cipro but the tetracycline did not seem to help. Last we communicated, he was supposed to see how the Flagyl worked, but haven't heard back in several years.

Regret I cannot provide something accurate, but my gut feeling is that antibiotics would be good for every person with AS to try and especially Flagyl.

Physicians in the USA are reluctant to prescribe antibiotics, and the few times I have gotten prescriptions there was a lot of resentment; I decided a long time ago to never again let a doctor stand between me and my health. I order them online, but in Mexico, and with diminishing luck, buy them in Philippines (they have begun asking for prescriptions). I don't use antibiotics very much anymore, but recently purchased some for my father-in-law suffering from peritonitis and given the exact wrong agents.

Antibiotics online can be purchased from several reliable outlets; mine was located in Cypress but the antibiotics came from India (they worked just fine). Here is one: http://cmeds24.com/ have never used but just looked it up; there are myriad similar.

Also, pet and animal supply stores usually carry an array of antibiotics that can be used to treat our "animal."

HEALTH,
John

F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
So what do you make of all this antibiotics resistance we hear so much about these days? Apparently the doctors have been prescribing far too many antibiotics much too often. They say this leads to patients becoming immune to the good effects of antibiotics. This can result in all sorts of problems in later life if the patient has a serious bacterial infection.

P
New_Member
New_Member
P
Thanks john, for the helpful Abx info,

i will have a think about my next steps. One of these days i hope you will see me posting in the success stories thread!

Patch

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 103 guests, and 97 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Carol Sinclair
by mosconi411 - 05/15/24 03:04 PM
Slippery elm poweder and Klebsiella
by mosconi411 - 05/13/24 06:24 PM
AS Patient from Hyderabad. Need dietary tips
by turndream2real - 05/13/24 03:59 AM
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
What's news since Alan Ebringer 2013 ?
by Ako - 12/22/19 05:10 PM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,375,414 hmmm
1,327,802 OMG!!!!
715,589 PARTY TIME!