Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
sexyAS Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
Does anyone have a view on using certain probiotics over others? I been using Bio-K probiotics in mango flavor due to a specifically having the Lactobacillus rhamnosus CLR2®. I've had great results.

I avoid the flavors of probiotic that are stored in a rice formula or anything pertaining to starch. This eliminates most flavors and puts me with the mango flavor for Bio-K.

Recently, I have tried to add Saccharomyces Boulardii due to some research suggesting it helps keep bacteria down in the gut for AS. I haven't found a positive or negative outcome this week.

Does anyone know of any studies that suggest to go one way over another way with probiotics?

Don't confuse movement with actions.
C
Active_Member
Active_Member
C
Originally Posted By tiredAS

Does anyone know of any studies that suggest to go one way over another way with probiotics?

May I respectfully suggest your question should be "Does anyone know of any studies that prove if probiotics actually are of any benefit to sufferers of A.S.?"

sexyAS Offline OP
New_Member
OP Offline
New_Member
I did find one publication which lead me down this rabbit trail. This is why I continue using them.

Don't confuse movement with actions.
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
Probiotics are an essential part of my diet ... Without them I backslide from my normal "diet induced remission". I use all different ones.... Kombucha, homemade goat yogurt, Innereco coconut kefir and on occation pills (I actually forgot which ones, as have used themless and less once I found more food like sources that work for me.i do not remember clearly,but I think BioK was one I tried but did not think worked for me.

My yum: celery/avocado/spinach/kale/arugula/chard/lettuce/kombu/nori/all microgreens(but I avoid sprouts)/all meats/bone broths/all fish/eggs/ oils: hazelnut oil/coconut oil /pecan oil /olive oil/walnut oil/pecan oil/pumpkin oil/avocado oil /ghee/nut butters: hazelnut/brazil nut/skinless marcona almond/tahini/coconut flour/coconut kefir/homemade 72 hour goats milk yogurt/umeboshi paste/thyme/grey sea salt/Garlic infused oils/
Fruit: berries, cherries, plums, nectarines, peaches
F
Veteran_AS_Kicker
Veteran_AS_Kicker
F
probiotics greatly flare up my AS.

Nobody really understands the ecology of the gut.

It's a total crapshoot to take these and to know which one you need.

Just understand they may actually hurt you.

V
New_Member
New_Member
V
Originally Posted By light
homemade goat yogurt

Can you share your recipe for homemade goat yogurt? I tried myself and while I managed to get homemade yogurt using commercial yogurt as starter, I haven't succeed yet in making yogurt using my own yogurt as starter.

I don't have a yogurt maker

J
Active_Member
Active_Member
J
I strongly recommend that you get hold of 'The Keystone Approach', an excellent and thoroughly researched book by Rebecca Fett. She deals very comprehensively with the subject of probiotics for the spondyloarthropathies, explaining why some are better than others.

In summary, we need bifidobacteria because they produce butyrate. Butyrate helps calm the immune system, and also feeds the specific bacteria we are needing to build up.

She recommends about three brands of probiotic if I remember correctly, one of them being Gutpro Infant. This apparently contains no fillers or prebiotics whatsoever, so should be a good choice for anyone who finds that probiotics with fillers make their symptoms worse.

Spondyloarthropathy with symptoms of AS, Sjögrens and fibro. Previously took Celebrex, Methotrexate, Trepiline, Prednisone which seemed to trigger a flare and my illness became much worse. Symptoms now kept mostly under control with NSD, as well as cutting sugar, dairy and yeast and food intolerances. Mostly pain free now and all symptoms massively improved.

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (haydenk), 113 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM