Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DonCA Offline OP
Active_Member
OP Offline
Active_Member
I don't know if the subject has been talked about already, but I'd like to know how many of us have contracted covid-19 and what kind of course did it take. Some of us are in remission and don't take any medicine, While others are on immune suppressants. The other thing I'd like to know is what are our individual vitamin D levels, I don't think I've contracted covid-19. I have raised my vitamin D levels from 25 to 60, and I'm doing very well now, I can't say the same thing about last year.

D
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
So far... nobody?

I have not, nor anyone in immediate family. Brother was tested as he went to therapist for back who had tested positive but both had mask and he tested negative.

Know of some people that have tested positive, but no close family or friends yet.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
No covid for me and I take vitamin D daily.

>>>>>>
We are kicking some AS*.
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
We've managed to avoid it so far. Our dog groomer had it very early on. A friend of ours has lost 12 people.

My niece is a PSW in a care home. There was one case there. A staff member who didn't know he was sick yet gave it to one of the patients. But there have been no more cases. They've worked really hard to keep the facility safe.

Warm hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

I can also say that Linc, from when I was most active here, had it back in March. And another KAer from that time lost her neighbour to it.

Kat

"Strictly Ballroom"

B
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
B
From todays Guardian:

Adalimumab could help prevent care home residents from having to go to hospital with coronavirus.
Sarah Boseley Health editor
Wed 30 Sep 2020

A commonly used arthritis drug is to be trialled with care home residents who have Covid, after it was observed that those taking it for their joint pains were less likely to end up in hospital with the virus.

Older people in care homes, who often have some degree of dementia, tend not to do well in hospital, where they become more confused and may pick up infections. The trial will break new ground by giving the drug to people at care homes, where they can be supervised and monitored afterwards by doctors and nurses.

The drug, adalimumab, has been in use for 20 years and there are cheap versions available all over the world. It is an anti-tumour necrosis factor (anti-TNF) drug, which is used to reduce inflammation in arthritis and bowel disease. In the severe stages of Covid-19, patients can suffer from a “cytokine storm” – an overreaction of the body’s immune system, causing an inflammatory response.

“The motivation here was that residents of care homes were particularly badly hit in the first wave of the pandemic,” said Duncan Richards, professor of clinical therapeutics at the University of Oxford, which is running the trial.

He added: “Many residents of care homes have a care plan that does not involve them going into hospital, which for these people is unlikely to have a good outcome. That has led some people to think they shouldn’t be treated and we disagree with that. We need a treatment or an intervention that is appropriate to that environment, in a context where going to hospital is unlikely to be in their best interests.”

'Then you should say what you mean,' the March Hare went on. 'I do,' Alice hastily replied; 'at least - at least I mean what I say - that's the same thing , you know.' 'Not the same thing a bit!' said the Hatter.
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
My wife lost a friend from work who was in her early 60s, and her brothers father in law. My co-worker has lost 5 friends and family in Mexico, including his sister in law, a doctor.

That is the closest it has come to me.

Update.. no one in my close family or friends. But on my wife´s side of family 3 confirmed that contracted virus, one needed hospitalization, but all have recovered now.

I do have co-worker, not on my team but I knew her and she was 24 and passed away now 3-4 weeks ago. Happened very quickly... learned on a Thursday, went to hospital on Saturday and passed away on Tuesday.

Know of a few others at work, but we are all WFH yet, we have 2 offices of roughly 250 employees in each. The coworker that passed away was in my office one floor up, but we are both managers and in some trainings together and ate in same lunch room and she used conference room for meetings next to my office space all the time.

Stay safe everyone!

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Bridget in New Mexico and her children are now fighting it (she's an old time KAer whose ex is a covid-denier and gave it to their son on a visit). Another KAer, Theresa, a lab tech in OK, also has it. Someone who had it went to her husband's workplace with no mask, gave it to her husband, who brought it home with him.

These people refusing to protect others are really starting to [*bleep*] me off.

Please stay safe and look after those around you!

Kat

"Strictly Ballroom"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (haydenk), 62 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM