Greetings fellow AS kickers. It has been a long time since I posted here. Could not sleep and just had a crazy idea pop into my head.

Blood Bypass/Replacement therapy for AS.

Let me explain, From my experience with AS, Leaky Gut, GUT bacteria play a role in the disease mechanism. AS many of you already have heard of or experienced first hand and nothing new.

From my experience blood quality is very important. Before my As got really severe and when I was "normal" my blood was relatively thick compared to now. Thin blood has less clothing capability which is very bad for us with AS.
Because blood that does not cloth well will result in bad wound healing in the GUT and would perpetuate leaky GUT.

Iron in the blood also plays an important role in blood clothing together with platelets.

Have you ever wonder why some doctors prescibe ferrous sulphate and some of us are anemic.

This bad blood quality is a viscous cycle and hard to correct in a short time.

I propose what if we Do a blood transfusion whereby your blood is removed completely at the same time a donor blood with your blood type is infused simultaneously in such a way as to completely saturate the body with a donor blood from a healthy source. This will boost your blood quality (1), reducing leaky GUT and over-all inflammation in the body.

(2) Any self antibodies which are hurting us will be temporarily removed. And if we lucky

Due to the high blood quality of the donor blood,It may
Temporarily break the disease mechanism long enough to "switch off" our immune system from attack mode. Who knows we could put ourselves in a state of remission. For how long is anyone's guess.

Let me know what you think of this theory.

HLA B27+
Have AS since the age of 13.
Diagnosed in 2005 at the age of 22