Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
New_Member
New_Member
R
Thank you to all contributors.
I think this thread holds some interesting keys for those that haven't had success on the NSD (as I haven't after maybe 18mths).

I'd value anyones input on the necessity of reducing honey, sugary fruits and dried fruit even though they are zero starch (iodine test).

I've cycled dairy on and off and am now resolved to remove it for longer - I otherwise eat VERY healthy foods.

My suspicion that glucose (and other sugars) contribute to my Spondyloarthritis (SpA) and Psoriatic Arthritis is based on a research article (no link sorry) that tested the growth of kleibsiella when fed either starch or glucose. Kleibsiella did apparently grow when fed glucose, just a lot less than when fed starch.

Most of my 18mth dietary experimentation journey centred "mostly" around zero starch has been using my Psoriasis flare up (maybe 3-48hrs after intake?) as a barometer...but this hasn't yielded clarity for me.

Without starch in my diet, sugar in some other form is hard to avoid cravings for, but I'm now contemplating Carnivore diet (after reading Mark55's posts) for a month or two....or removing all sugars for a few months and being resolved to walking around like a starving zombie.

My story is not as bad as many here - I've never been unable to walk and not sure I have full AS (just SpA I hope) but certainly want my SI joint and back better.

My wife and I also largely eat lectin free and not sure this makes any difference to me (though it does her for her neuropathy) so I miss seeds and some other Gundry diet exclusions.

I have Non-radiographic Axial Spondyloarthritis and Psoriatic Arthritis.
NSDiet (on and off NSND) for 18mths with mostly only moderation of psoriasis.
SI joint and back seem to be getting slowly worse.
A Chinese herbalists "Itch Cream" worked wonders on psoriasis (one small application weekly!). Can it's ingredients be taken internally for AS?
Online Content
Hello Rob,

Glad you found Kickas.org.

How much sugar do you eat? If I ate a lot of sugar it would kick in my AS symptoms back when I had more issues. Typically my sugar overload was raisins.

What else are you all eating, maybe post and I can review if anything that kicked off flare for me early on. I stayed away from nearly all processed foods on diet.. never trusted them.

I eat meat, but eat more safe veggies.. eat lots of salads with olive oil and sometimes vinegar.

After many years, I found that intermittent fasting helped me to heal intestines. Now I can tolerate some starch whereas early with diet I never could.

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
R
New_Member
New_Member
R
Thanks for the reply. I was eating a lot of sugar (in dried fruit), now maybe 5-10g per day for the last 3-6mths at a guess (a green apple or two, a tsp of molasses, a splash of coconut aminos and balsamic vinegar per day).

I eat similar to you - zero processed. Thanksgiving and a trip to the US was a recent indescretion but have been near zero starch (iodine test) for over a year and my back still aches pretty bad most days. Psoriasis has gone.

My iodine tests have even shown iodine in threads through celery and fibres in kale....painful.

Does anyone know how long after psoriasis clears up that the SpA / back ache normally improves?

I've just completed a 5 day water fast with herbal tea and two weak coffee mornings for work meetings. I now fell great (real productivity buzz), despite it affecting my sleep.

When I upped the 15 strain probiotics and added gelatin and removed sugar (dried fruit predominantly) my bowel movement really improved.

Hoping the fast has lasting results yet to be revealed.

Thanks again, Rob

I have Non-radiographic Axial Spondyloarthritis and Psoriatic Arthritis.
NSDiet (on and off NSND) for 18mths with mostly only moderation of psoriasis.
SI joint and back seem to be getting slowly worse.
A Chinese herbalists "Itch Cream" worked wonders on psoriasis (one small application weekly!). Can it's ingredients be taken internally for AS?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dotyisle), 77 guests, and 675 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
I P F
by deano - 07/17/23 10:28 AM
It’s been a while
by mulehound - 06/25/23 12:28 AM
Apple fast vs organic juice fast
by Alida1 - 03/01/23 06:51 PM
Coconut oil + oregano oil Enema for AS
by L33 - 01/30/23 10:23 PM