Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Thread Like Summary
Magician
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#507810 11/27/2014 2:04 AM
by Magician
Magician
Said the xrays taken over the years show consistent Calcium deposits on my spine from Primary Curve Scoliosis. He was unable to see evidence of the other curve as I was unable to remain standing (was dizzy).

Had blood tests for Celiac, Thyroid and the AS blood test. Noted my very painful lower spine which seemed to have the largest amount of calcium deposits. My hip joints have "excessive Calcium buildup".

Guess some how my body was trying to help me. Recommended physical therapy to begin strengthening my spine. Neck, right elbow and knee were also areas of intense pain.

Lungs checked out OK but noted a 'sighing' when I exhaled.

Wants me to have a sleep apnea test.
Liked Replies
by Possi
Possi
Hi Magician,

I have missed you. I have thought of you often.

Be sure and stay here. Just because someone told you a different diagnosis does not mean you need to leave!

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

Hugs and Blessings.
1 member likes this
by Sue22
Sue22
I agree with Possi.

It took me 12 years and 5 rheumatologists to get an answer. Several tried to convince me that I didn't even have an inflammatory disease....now I'm on Humira and it is making a huge difference.

And for two of them, I specifically told them I thought I had a spondyloarthopathy and they both told me "no", and yet that is exactly what I have.

Regardless of what is causing your symptoms, something is, so keep searching for the answers. and it may or may not be something that someone has already ruled out, as was the case for me.
1 member likes this
#508288 Dec 31st a 05:11 AM
by SeritaV
SeritaV
Definitely get an MRI! My xrays did not reflect AS, so I had the wrong diagnosis for a while and could not get the right treatment. My rhuemy ordered a specialized mri of my pelvis that showed major inflammation in my sacroiliac joints which is a hallmark of AS.I agree with some other commenters. I don't understand what his explanation of the calcification is. I hope you have better luck and get some relief. God bless.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 41 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Uveitis again and I miss you guys!
by Magician - 01/20/22 05:14 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,180,321 hmmm
1,239,598 OMG!!!!
644,502 PARTY TIME!