Kickas.org
Posted By: Cristina User names revisited - 08/07/03 05:31 PM
Hi all you ASKickers!

With the obvious abundance of new members, I thought it was time to ask a very old question.
How did you choose your user name?

I'll go first. At one time, a long time ago, we had 3 Cristina's/Christina's on the board. It got very confusing who was replying to the posts and everyone got us mixed up all the time. I didn't want people to think I was writing replies or posts that was really someone else's so I decided to tack on the "from California" to the end of my name since we all lived so far apart. It worked great. Now tell me your story. I see there are some very cool names out there!

Tick, you're it......
Cristina

Don't ever let anyone tell you what you can't do!
~Cheryl~ AS Kicker Extraordinaire
Posted By: David R Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 05:51 PM
I am not very creative, soooooo it's my name....I guess you could say
it was given to me by my parents...Yea,that sounds better...

David
Posted By: Fighter02 Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 05:51 PM
Hi Cristina,
I Choose the user name Fighter02 so that I could fight this disease to the core.The number is for the year I became a KAS family member.
It sure looks your post is going to be fun.

Regards
-Fighter

Posted By: shugswife Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 06:01 PM
Hi Cristina,
I do love this question!!

Mines is quite simple though......Shug is the one with the AS and I'm his wife...hence Shugswife

Take care
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 06:11 PM
Hi Cristina,

Here is my answer....

When I moved to Neenah, Wisconsin I got AOL for my internet service (back in 1997). I tried several user names with my name or nicknames or incorporating CPA since I had been a CPA... nothing available.

So what to choose.... Hmmmmm......

I had just moved to the upstairs unit of a duplex. The duplex was on an island where the Fox River empties from Lake Winnebago in Northeastern Wisconsin (river empties from two spots on the lake and converge about 4 miles upstream). Fairly large island, about 4-5 thousand people live on it.

The name of the island is Doty Island.... so I used Dotyisle as my AOL screen name since I could find no other. Used it here as well as my screen name.

That is my story.

Take care,

Tim

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
Posted By: iwood51 Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 06:28 PM
Great question Cristina

Mine's relatively simple.

iwood51

i - for Ian
wood - my last name
51 - my FD badge number and part of my county fire radio identification (5-22-51)

Ian

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Posted By: Moonbees Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 06:36 PM
Cristina,

Like Tim, none of my nicknames or combination of real names were available eons ago on AOL. I have loved the moon as long as I can remember. My last name is Weatherbee and I have always called my kids the Wee Bees. So I combined moon and bees to get Moonbees.

Holly

Posted By: iwood51 Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 06:42 PM
Holly, that cracks me up about the kids. Wee Bees

I call my kids the splinters, because they are my little Woods

Posted By: Funksterman Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 06:42 PM
Good one Tim! I was wondering what on earth yours meant!

Me, well. I love 70's Funk, and I play a bass guitar and love playing funk bass = Funkster

And the more obvious bit - I'm a bloke = Man

And there you have Funksterman.

Thanks for raising this one again Cristina - how are you anyway, I've not had many technical requests from you for a while???

Cheers
Jo

Posted By: Funksterman Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 06:43 PM
Splinters not Thorns Ian? Like it!

Posted By: Doug Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 07:07 PM
Ummm, my 'rents gave it to me, and I'm just plain ole boring.......... and it was available...

Ya, Ya, that's my story and I'm stick'n to it!

Doug

Posted By: Strutsy Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 07:22 PM
Strutsy is a short form of my last name, and my Dad used to call me (Ok, OK! still does) his lil' Strutsy.

Jeanna

Kindness in words creates confidence
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness
Kindness in giving creates love
~ Tao Te Ching

Posted By: Moonbees Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 07:30 PM
Splinters!!! That is GREAT!!! I laughed out loud when I read that!!

Take care!
Holly

Posted By: icky Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 07:30 PM
I like to think that I am NOT an icky person all . I was tagged with this nic. when I was still working. My work buddies noticed that I (neck and spine) was very stiff and it reminded some of the Disney character "Ichobod Crane" from "The Headless Horseman". I got use to being called Icky and started to even like it. Guess it turned ppl's attention to me. They still call me icky today and so do you.
Ray

Posted By: Drewster Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 07:40 PM
Hmmm...

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you

Actually,

Drewster...

it's who I am. One of my good friends started calling me that many years ago (as opposed to Andy) and it kind of stuck with me. Although I am known by many names...

Andy

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say
"I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER."
— William Burroughs

Posted By: Ellyn1 Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 07:48 PM
Now I know Holly!

Posted By: Rox Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 07:49 PM
I picked the first three letters of my real first name because I am registered with SO many things online, I won't be able to keep track of all them if I had some weird, funky username for each one.

Pretty uncreative, but functional

Rox

"I have seen the beginning and the end of our story.....the tale is crude and ill-conceived. We must rewrite the ending of it, you and I."
http://www.geocities.com/artisan1998.geo/index.html
Posted By: Ellyn1 Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 07:51 PM
Christina
Now I want to go and change mine. you are so fun with the names, and I just went wild and crazy and added a 1 to my name...bet noone figured that one out

Ellyn

Posted By: Laurie Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 08:51 PM
Ya know, I used to go by "algae" for my initials, lj, and cause I'm a biologist, but I found it kinda creeped people out. Go figure.. So I went back to just plain ole Laurie, which means "winner", maybe a bit more positive than spineless slimy green stuff.
Laurie

Posted By: Doug Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 09:20 PM
In reply to:

maybe a bit more positive than spineless slimy green stuff

If ya were spineless tho, there'd be no need to be here!!!

Doug

Posted By: Oldtimer Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 09:32 PM
I chose Oldtimer because I have felt old all my adult life. J.R.

Posted By: Orch Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 10:03 PM
In high school there were so many Steves that people called me by my last name "Orchard". It was shortened to Orch. I have found a lot of people with the last name Orchard go by Orch.

Steve Orchard
Running from Arthritis
Posted By: fyrfytr187 Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 10:22 PM
Hey Cristina,
It has been a while since we opened this can a worms. So here goes.

Mine isn't as off the wall as some might think. Its a part of my job. I work among the likes of Dakotadan, aka Pete, and iwood51, aka Ian and of course who could forget our cutest EMT Cristina ( the one from California).
Firefighters and Medics, one helluva family, a whole lot like KA.org

And ever since "Gore" Invented the internet,( OK that's a whole nother bunch a bees) I have gone by fyrfytr ( cause anyone can spell it the other way). The 187 is my badge number.

Keep KickinAS
Chris

Posted By: Deborah Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 11:03 PM
I was so pumped to register when I first found this website that I couldn't be bothered to think of a special name. I go by Debbie but it was already registered so I registered Deborah. I wish I would have taken time to think of something more imaginitive but it is too late now.

Deborah (Debbie) Kind of wild and crazy like Ellyn1

Posted By: Loz Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 11:09 PM
Ahhh - a Cristina question, now I know all is well with the world :)

It just simple as can be: Laurence as a baby was shortened to Lozzy as a kid, which in turn was shortened to Loz as a teenager and that just stuck. I'm Loz to all family and friends, heck, I'm even Loz to my mother!

Only my business customers and suppliers - and a lady on this site by the name of Els - know me as Laurence.

Loz

Fools rush in ....... and get all the best seats
Posted By: ninbot Re: User names revisited - 08/07/03 11:13 PM
My sister once wrote a short story for school about Ninbot, an ugly, fat boy/robot with beady little eyes. Since my name is Nina, I've always suspected she had me in her mind while writing it. The name stuck, so I often use it for stuff that requires a user name.

Nina

Posted By: Laurie Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 12:24 AM
Ya know, I'd thought of that! But think how boring my life would be!

Posted By: grinnbearit Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 12:46 AM
Well if you put up with AS for over 30 years you either go nuts or learn to grin and bare it.... Some may think the former is probably more true in my case but I have learned to grin and bare it so that is what I took for a user name... Good to see a Christine question here... Now if we could get that BBJ and a few others back to posting would make my day...
Mike

Posted By: Itsbehindme Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 01:46 AM
Actually I choose the name Its behind me because thats where most of my pain came from. My back I mean. Now I like to think its because someday its where I'll put this disease.

Posted By: dublin271 Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 02:01 AM
Hi Fyrfytr,

I like your "United We Stand" graphic image. Glad you're feeling well.

Jen

Posted By: dublin271 Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 02:10 AM
Hi,

My last name is Dublin (no I am not Irish) and 271 is my apartment number. When I signed up for yahoo e-mail I wanted to use my last name and to do that I had to add some numbers.

Jen

Posted By: Sassy Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 02:39 AM
Well back about a million years ago.....okay, maybe just a hundred, when I had a CB radio, my handle was short n sassy.....I am short compaired to most, and some people think I am sassy.....if anyone can believe that about me.

Nice to see you again Cristina.

Hugs
Lori

Posted By: cheerful Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 02:47 AM
Hey Lori

I just don't know why people would think you are Sassy. I myself have another word for it and I know you know what I mean.

John

Posted By: Sassy Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 02:49 AM
Which one......Loving, caring, giving, the list can go on forever

Posted By: Tink Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 02:50 AM
I'd like to give a tincup story, but actually I did high rise maintenance years ago and used Tinker as a character name for D&D. Later, after the internet and usenames popped up, I found out Tinker was very widely used so I had to trim it down.

Allan

Posted By: Gimpy_As Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 02:55 AM
My stepson starting calling me gimpy after my ARDS crisis in 97. Between the problems relating to that and the AS Gimpy_As was nick of choice, and it fits to a tee.

Bob

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...Behold the beauty of Orca Art
Posted By: mrscheerful Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 03:02 AM
Hi,

I'll reply for myself as well as "cheerful" (John). John first joined KA in 2000 - the year he was diagnosed. Since 1996, after a lower back injury, he never got better but has always kept his sense of humour. John's AS progressed very quickly and has only gotten worse yet he keeps cracking jokes and keeping a smile on both our faces and keeps people laughing - therefore his username "cheerful". Since I'm his "better" half - I'm "mrscheerful"!

Joanne

Posted By: jimdt Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 03:03 AM
My first name is Jimmy My middle Initial is D. my last name starts with T. Real creative Huh?
Jim

Posted By: tomloops Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 05:07 AM
Hi Cristina: I live in Kamloops...Tom

Posted By: Litlesiss Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 05:34 AM
Well, mine is pretty easy to figure out.
I am a little sister...the youngest of 7. My brothers never even use my real name. It's on all my email accounts and actually any account I have on the internet, on my license plate and at one time was even my CB handle. Does anybody use those things anymore?

Hugs,
Lisa

Posted By: davo Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 07:26 AM
Easy,

There are lots of Dave's and David's etc, and unlike other discussion boards my handle is not obfuscated by the nature of this forum.

Unfortunately in Aussie they shorten just about everything to the first vowel and the next consonant and add an "O".

Hence Dave becomes Davo. It took me along time to except this as being a worthwhile exercise, but it works well when registering on non-australian sites and I can readily identify my posts on those bad days.

Davo

Posted By: Cheryl Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 08:46 AM
A Cristina question I choose my name because no matter how bad the brain fog may get, I can always - - well, most of the time - - remember the name my parents gave me

Cheryl

Dogs always think your cooking is wonderful
Posted By: Amber_UK Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 11:23 AM
Mine is very boring I'm afraid!

When pregnant, I felt I was carrying a girl up until 7 months - so we'd decided to call her Amber. (Of course, things changed, and I gave birth to my son a month later).

The UK bit, is obviously 'cos I am a brit

Posted By: wishing_well Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 11:48 AM
Nice question, it is something I wonder about many times too when I read the posts here.
Mine is from an old plan I made with friends to make a website where everyone could leave best wishes for someone else or even light a virtual candle. The site is called wensfontein.nl which can be translated to wishing_well.com, a place or fountain where you throw a coin in and do a wish (it should be possible too to make an optional contribution to the makers, as such it was also a bit of a joke about the internet where in those days people got rich by selling nothing) The url for the site still exist but it is linked to another site http://www.nergenshuizen.nl, a strange site of a friend of mine about making pudding, about Sauternes wine and other things. Anyway I still have an email adress at wensfontein.nl which is wishing_well@wensfontein.nl but of course I do in the first place also wish everybody well.
Gerard

"Walk gently, breathe peacefully, laugh hysterically." -Nelson Mandela-
Posted By: Moonbees Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 01:11 PM
Ellyn,

You are a wild woman!!

Holly

Posted By: teapie Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 01:15 PM
Hi Christina, long time no see.. (or since I have spoken with you) Good to see you again. My name is Nancy (Jumpnj's mom) and my user name is Teapie - after my only granddaughter- Tiffany - who lives with you. So, easy . See ya later.

Nancy

Posted By: Moonbees Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 01:19 PM
Lori sassy? NEVER!!!

CB, for real? That brings to mind 8 tracks and other long forgotten things like records, pong and Mr.Microphone!!

Holly

Posted By: Cristina Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 02:40 PM
Wow! I post this and the next time I come back it has 5 pages. You guys ROCK! Keep it up.

Jo, my computer has been down so I am using a different one, therefore my scanner can't be used. And that is usually where my technical questions come in. But don't worry....I'll be back!

Teapie, Hi Nancy! It is so good to see you here on the board. It sounds like you really had a good time on the Canadian get-together! I am sooo jealous... I wish I could have been there and seen everyone. If there is a Las Vegas party next year, as there usually is, you, Mark and Tiff should all come for a few days! Mark and I had great fun in 2001. Keep posting Nancy! We ASers can use all the support and love especially from ASers family members...

Chris, Ian and Pete, we do make one big happy medic/firefighter family, eh?

Let's here some more stories you guys! Keep it up...there are some very creative names out there and even if it isn't creative, it is still very interesting!

Muaaa,
Cristina

Posted By: Loz Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 02:41 PM
Hi Nancy, I've been wondering and wondering about your usename, and even though I've met Tiffany, it just never occured to me.

Glad to know now :)

Hugs,

Loz

Fools rush in ....... and get all the best seats
Posted By: Cristina Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 02:44 PM

I want to hear Mark's (Jumpnj) story! Come on Mark, spill it again...
(only if you want to..*wink*)

Hugs,
Cristina

Posted By: teapie Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 02:54 PM
Hi Loz,
Thanks - now you know where my username came from - it is Tiff's nickname for her being a baby - so don't you think I really look like a "teapie"?? not a mean ole Mama Bear-0 well maybe not...
See ya,
Hugs
Nancy

Posted By: iwood51 Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 03:20 PM
In reply to:

Chris, Ian and Pete, we do make one big happy medic/firefighter family, eh?

Here's a page that you guys might like.

Click Here

Anyone else is free to check it out too.

Ian

Posted By: mig Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 03:50 PM
Hey Cristina,... this is a fun thread!

Well,... Mig is my long-time nic-name, forced on me by a very mean big brother at the wee age of 3 yrs old.

My dumb stupid 7 yr old big brother always called me names (I was the youngest of 3 kids),... he used the 'M' from Melinda, and whenever he wanted to really bug and tease me, he'd call me 'Mig the Pig' . ARRRGH! He drove me nuts!!!

My parents tried to make him stop but he wouldn't listen. Look! It's Mig the pig, Mig the pig, Mig the pig ... he loved teasing and torturing me! Finally he shortened it to Mig (but I still knew what he meant ). Then my Aunts and Uncles (not knowing it's nasty origin) started using it too!

Eventually everyone started calling me Mig (even my parents) and there was no stopping the onslaught. Finally, I came to like the name, since only my closest friends & family use it. When I am in a big crowd and someone yells out 'Hey Mig' ... I know it will be someone special!

When I first started lurking in KA, I felt an immediate connection to all you fellow spondylitics and so my choice was easy!

mig
Posted By: elspethask Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 04:24 PM
Elspeth is my given name, and ask is because I asked to join AS,also easy to remember.

Posted By: Moonbees Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 04:29 PM
Hey, Splinter Supervisor,

I tried your link and it asked for a logon.

Holly

Posted By: iwood51 Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 06:19 PM
In reply to:

I tried your link and it asked for a logon

I was afraid of that. I'll move it to the public pages of my FD website over the weekend and post a new link in the jokes section here.

Ian

Posted By: buckwheat Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 06:54 PM
Hi,
This is fun.
My brother who has AS used to call me Buckwheat because we had it growing in the back fields behind our house. When we were kids and would walk in the fields it was so high you couldn't see me in the plants. When I was diagnosed I did a lot of thinking about what my brother had gone through with AS so this was the name I came up with.
Janet
Oh TA BUCKWHEAT!!

Posted By: Dakotadan Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 07:18 PM
Hey, let's not forget Bobby in South Africa and your old flameTim in New York! Especially Tim as he was the first to label us AS Kickers, which led to our name Kickas.org.

My user name is in honor of my first granddaughter, Dakota Danielle Troy. On July 26th the last (unless the SIL chickens out:) of my grandchildren was born and her name, Willow Mackenzie Troy, would suggest another good user name, Willowmac. But I'll stick with the more manly Dakotadan:)

Gladstones?:)

Pete

"Maybe the problems of two people don't amount to a hill of beans. But this is our hill. And these are our beans!"
- Lt. Frank Drebin

Posted By: wudcrvr Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 07:36 PM
Well, I guess I'm much the same as a lot on here. My hobby is Wood Carving, so for some odd reason when trying to get the e-address of Wood Carver all were taken. After much tinkering at last I came up with "wudcrvr".
It is allways fun to hear what prompted the usernames.
To see one of my carvings click on attachment.
This is a cradle that I carved for my grandchildren.

"ASKicking" "WUDCRVR"
WOOD IS LIKE LIFE
WITH WORK
YOU CAN CREATE BEAUTY

Attached picture 1-124764-cradle{frontview}.jpg
Posted By: wolverinefan Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 08:46 PM
That's an easy one for me, although the recent success of the X-Men movies and their central character, Wolverine, has made some people make an incorrect guess at my name's origin. Nope, no comic book character for me--my name is a direct homage to my beloved University of Michigan Wolverines. Graduated in 1986, got to fulfill a dream while I was there by working on the Michigan Daily student newspaper, where I got to cover the football team for a year and talk one-on-one with the legendary Bo Schembechler. What a year that was! Good times.

I'll bleed maize and blue until I die, so this seemed like a good way to show my allegiance. And why wolverinefan2? Well, that's obvious--because someone else had this great idea before me at the first site I used this as my ID (ESPN.com, I think--at least five years ago).

Brad

Posted By: fyrfytr187 Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 09:51 PM
OOPS!!!
Sorry guys, I did forget about Bobby and Tim.

Keep Kickin'AS
Chris

Posted By: fyrfytr187 Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 09:59 PM
Hi Bob,
How goes the art show circuit? Hope business is booming.

Keep Kickin'AS
Chris

Posted By: fyrfytr187 Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 10:01 PM
Hey Janet,
How's things up your way? Good to see ya on the main board.

Keep Kickin'AS
Chris

Posted By: fyrfytr187 Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 10:06 PM
Gary you old son-of-a-gun,

Where have you been hidin'. I thought maybe that same critter that ate BBJ got ahold of you too. Good to see ya. How's things going? Don't be a stranger!

Keep Kickin'AS
Chris

Posted By: fyrfytr187 Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 10:13 PM
"I'll bleed maize and blue until I die, so this seemed like a good way to show my allegiance."

Gee Brad I'm sure sorry to hear about your blood problem... Even though I went to college in "That state up north" (paid for buy the auto industry) I am a Buckeye, Born and Bred!!
GO BUCKS!!!

Keep Kickin'AS
Chris

Posted By: buckwheat Re: User names revisited - 08/08/03 11:39 PM
Thanks Chris,
I saw your great news from your other post!! Congrats!!
Sorry we missed the shin dig this year!! Maybe next year??
Take Care,
Janet

Posted By: Dakotadan Re: User names revisited - 08/09/03 12:11 AM
Lol...not hard since since Bobby is no longer a firefighter and I don't remember if Tim has visited since we became KickAS.org or not. There are a couple other EMTs that were here a short time but I can't remember their names. At the time we had only a few hundred members and I thought it was odd that so many of one profession had AS.

Attached is a pic of our favorite EMT.

"Maybe the problems of two people don't amount to a hill of beans. But this is our hill. And these are our beans!"
- Lt. Frank Drebin

Attached picture 1-124807-Cristina1.jpg
Posted By: wolverinefan Re: User names revisited - 08/09/03 12:43 AM
My god Chris--I had no idea you were suffering an illness far, far worse than anything AS can throw at us. Such a horrible, congenital disease that seems to hit you folks down I-75 way. We can only hope that one day scientists are able to somehow come up with a cure for your horrible affliction, but I know most medical experts think that nothing short of a lobotomy stands a chance of eradicating the greatest scourge of our lifetime. So sad.

GO BLUE!

(In all seriousness, should be an absolute classic game this fall, hopefully with national title ramifications. We need to get back to our "nine out of ten" whuppin' math instead of this darn "two in a row" thing. I knew as soon as they hired Tressel that he was trouble with a capital T. Can't wait for FOOTBALL!)

Brad

Posted By: grinnbearit Re: User names revisited - 08/09/03 01:25 AM
Chris
Just remember that God is a Penn State fan... Why else is the sky blue and white??
Mike

Posted By: dayday Re: User names revisited - 08/09/03 01:49 AM
my nephew james couldnt say my name(dana) so he called me dayday, and it stuck. Now all my nephews and neices call me dayday. i love it, too!

Posted By: HalfASkicker Re: User names revisited - 08/09/03 02:07 AM
Hi everyone!

I haven't had time to get here much lately. So many new members--welcome to all! I've been here at KA for nearly three years. When I first registered, I was just Connie L because there was already a Connie registered. I have very mild AS (yes, I thank my lucky stars every day!) and I commented one time that I should change my user name to HalfASkicker. So when we moved to the new site and had to re-register...well, I just couldn't resist!

Connie

Posted By: towman Re: User names revisited - 08/09/03 02:45 AM
THIS IS A GREAT THREAD.OWNED SANTIAM TOWING AND RECOVERY FOR 12 YEARS EVERYONE CALLED ME THE TOWMAN.
Bradford

To the world you may be one person,but,to one person you may be the world.
Posted By: snowshoe Re: User names revisited - 08/09/03 03:14 AM
The shoe fits...for some reason this disease made it's initial attack on my feet 20 yrs ago and hasn't let up on them since. In so much pain, it was easy to just go outside and stand barefoot in the snow to numb them. Then one winter night I couldn't take the pain anymore and was at the end of my rope and considering my options. Whilst standing barefoot in the snow, trying to drown the pain with some gluten-free beer, a spaceship appeared and out came some little green men . That was the last thing I remember until waking up in the snow, and noticing I now had white fur and big paws I've since been living in the woods with numb feet year-round and a nice kick to my step which has enabled me to stay one step ahead of the AS that started this whole thing.

This bunny Kicks AS !
Posted By: fyrfytr187 Re: User names revisited - 08/09/03 10:11 AM
I hear ya Mike,
You better hope that BIG GUY, you call a Penn State fan hears ya though. That is an interesting fact you bring up, but if He's such a big Penn State fan, whose watchin' over His alma mater Notre Dame?

Keep Kickin' Nitney Lion AS*
Chris

Posted By: fyrfytr187 Re: User names revisited - 08/09/03 10:18 AM
Pete,
I too have seen a few EMT come and go. It is something that this percentage of firefighters and health care pesonnel, have this crap.

Thanks for the pic. Nothing prettier than a woman in bunkers...
Who needs Fredrick's of Hollywood, when you have Globe Turn-Outs..

So in California, you guys take pictures of yourself at fires?? I guess it must be that Hollywood thing. Here's just a little thing we do back east, we have these huge red trucks (some depts even have slime lime ones) with lights and sirens on them, and lots of water...when we get to a fire, we put the wet stuff on the hot stuff, seems to work pretty well.

Keep Kickin'AS
Chris

Posted By: oilme Re: User names revisited - 08/09/03 11:32 AM
Hi! I was trying to think up a funny name like maybe 'rusty lizard' but then I decided to pick something a little more 'not so funny' charles

Posted By: Funksterman Re: User names revisited - 08/09/03 12:40 PM
Hahaha Chris,

Completely brilliant - I was wondering who was supposed to be putting the flames out on that pic.!

Cheers
Jo

Posted By: Gimpy_As Re: User names revisited - 08/09/03 12:58 PM
Hi Chris!

Thanks for asking. The shows are doing great. Have one this coming weekend in Grand Rapids. Have gotten a few commissions lately to work on pets. Been keeping pretty busy!! Hope all is well down your way!!

I have to agree with Wolverinefan....U of M is superb. There med center saved my life a few years back and although I am a die hard Florida State fan, Ann Arbor is in my blood.

Bob

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...Behold the beauty of Orca Art
Posted By: iwood51 Re: User names revisited - 08/09/03 01:43 PM
In reply to:

Thanks for the pic. Nothing prettier than a woman in bunkers...
Who needs Fredrick's of Hollywood, when you have Globe Turn-Outs..

Too true Chris, too true. I get the female firefighters calendar every year. It's actual firefighters from South Florida. A large portion of the price of the calendar goes to the burn center down there.

http://www.femalefirefighters.com

Ian

Posted By: icky Re: User names revisited - 08/09/03 04:26 PM
snowshoe
This is so funny.
I love your sence of humor and well said too.I could see it all happening.
Would AS be the big cat on your tail in you sig file.
Ray

Posted By: Jade Re: User names revisited - 08/09/03 07:18 PM
Wudcrvr, that cradle is absolutely fantastic!

Posted By: Jade Re: User names revisited - 08/09/03 07:20 PM
Amber....your name is not Amber??
Who are you then?

...I'm green Jade...

Posted By: Jade Re: User names revisited - 08/09/03 07:24 PM
This is fun!
I chose Jade as a nickname because it is such a beautiful name...because Aerosmith made such a beautiful song with that title....and most of all because jade gives the impression to be cool and smooth and soft and everything I would like my backpain to be!

Jade

Posted By: wallwe Re: User names revisited - 08/09/03 09:34 PM
Hi

My name isn't as interesting as others. But my niece started calling me it when she started talking. She would get mad at anyone that used my real name. So everyone started calling me wallwe esp. if they didn't want a lecture from a little person about my name (she was and still is very bossy). She is nine now but still calls me by wallwe
which is fine with me.

Take care
Valerie

Posted By: LINCinNYC Re: User names revisited - 08/10/03 12:18 AM
Hey Cristina!!!!!!!

I'm with you, I used my city as a geographic reference, as I had no ideas where some people were located around the globe, therefore.....LINCinNYC....

Peace
Linc

Linc O'Brien
Posted By: grinnbearit Re: User names revisited - 08/10/03 01:18 AM
Brings up an interesting point... My two favorite college teams have always been Penn State and whoever is playing Notre Dame... Goes back to when I coached midget football at St Petes and had to hear about good old Notre Dame again and again and again...
Mike

Posted By: Cristina Re: User names revisited - 08/10/03 02:00 AM
Wow Pete! I forgot about that picture. Those turn outs I had on were about 5 sizes too big for me.

As for you CHRIS, that was a controlled burn so the house was supposed to be burning down! The picture of myself was taken because everyone thought I looked so funny in those huge turn-outs. Let me tell you, my buns were on fire! That was one hot blaze. There were actually 2 more structures over to the left of me that were burning down also. That was one HOT day in July!

Thanks for the memory Pete and Gladstones definitely! I'll be in your area next week. I'll call you and come visit.

By the way Pete..or should I say GRANDPA? CONGRATULATIONS!! I was hoping you would mention the birth of your new grandaughter Willow. I was getting ready to if you didn't soon! Any pictures of her yet?

WillowMac...now there is a nickname for her! Sounds like a sandwich from McD's!

Cristina

Posted By: joy2all Re: User names revisited - 08/10/03 02:09 AM
Hi Criistina.....I guess u can count me all joy all the time especially when I fall into temptation and trials........knowning this.....that trying in my faith worketh patience and hope

Hope
Posted By: Cristina Re: User names revisited - 08/10/03 02:09 AM
Gary!!!

It is sooo good to hear from you! All we need is for BBJ to pop in and the old gang will be back in full force!

Thanks so much for posting the picture of the cradle. If I remember correctly it is called (spelling will be wrong, I think) "Mema's hands and Papa's heart." You guys have no idea the talent of this woodcarver!

Thank you Gary and we miss you!

Hugs and wheelies,
Cristina

Posted By: Cristina Re: User names revisited - 08/10/03 02:13 AM
Patricia,

I can see the joy in your face. What a beautiful smile you have!! Excellent user name...

Hugs,
Cristina

Posted By: gd7405 Re: User names revisited - 08/10/03 02:36 AM
Mine was real simple. When I first signed on here, I had no clue as to what I was doing (some would say I still don't). I just tried to keep it as simple as possible so I gave myself the first part of my e-mail address, minus the @whatever.com thingy. See, I have a real simple mind so I have to keep these kinds of things even simpler....

Glenn

Posted By: gd7405 Re: User names revisited - 08/10/03 02:45 AM
Wow Mike. My two favorite teams are Michigan State and whoever plays Michigan. I've really gotten to enjoy the MSU - PSU rivalry. Except the last couple of years when PSU trounced us. I was at the MSU-PSU game about 3 years back. MSU had gotten out to a quick 28-0 lead by half time. Everyone thought it was over, but PSU came back and tied it. Then with about a minute remaining in the game, TJ Duckett took the ball at about the 7 or 8 yard line, got hit by what seemed to be 4 or 5 defenders and dragged them into the end zone. Man, that was the most exciting sporting event I've ever been to. I'm not much of an excitable kind of guy, but I screamed myself hoarse that game. I still get chills thinking about it. That year, MSU went onto the Citrus Bowl and beat Florida (another team I love to hate). It was quite a year to be a Spartan fan. Hopefully our new coach can bring them back.
Best of luck to your Nittany Lions this year, Mike. I look forward to the game again this year.

Glenn

Posted By: Sue in Oz Re: User names revisited - 08/10/03 07:29 AM
Hi Cristina,

How are you doing these days?

My username is very boring and self-explanatory, I'm afraid (although some ppl have asked me whereabouts "Oz" is in the US!!!). When I first joined KA, around 5 years ago, there were several Sue's already here, so I thought I'd better quantify mine. So, as David R said , I'll make it sound better and say "my parents gave it to me" as well!!

Hugs,
Sue

Posted By: hamslices123 Re: User names revisited - 08/11/03 06:33 AM

I was serving with a group of guys and with my last name it all started with hambone and they called me that for a while and then a natural progression occurred with hambone, bone, hamdog, hamster, hamslice (a derivative of homeslice or homeboy) and of course I threw on the 123 at the end in case anyone else had that name, but then I got to thinking, Who in the whole wide world would ever have a name like hamslices. Don't know, just a spur of the moment thing.

Thanks

Posted By: Cristina Re: User names revisited - 08/11/03 03:47 PM
Sue,

I remember when we had all those Sue's. It was very confusing. Especially before we had pictures of us. Now multiple names aren't so bad with the thumbnail pics.
So glad to see you!

Hamslices,

Cool name! I was hoping you would post so we could get the story behind it. Thanks for sharing!

Cristina
Posted By: ladybuggie Re: User names revisited - 08/11/03 03:56 PM
wee bees!
that is too cute!
i like that!

Buggy

Posted By: ladybuggie Re: User names revisited - 08/11/03 03:57 PM
the splinters?
i like that name too!
btw Art likes your little quote on the bottom from mr franklin.

Buggy

Posted By: earthwoman Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 03:03 AM
Hi Cristina!

Well I know you can figure mine out easy enough as we share the same birthday .
I am an earth sign (Taurus) and when it comes to letting AS get the better of me I can be very stubborn indeed . I also have a loooooooooong fuse but when I see red, SNORT!

peace
Kathy

"The most beautiful stones have been tossed by the wind and washed by the waters and polished to brilliance by life's strongest storms."
Posted By: Frunobulax Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 06:11 AM
My log in name was a fraternity name from the early seventies when I was at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo in Calif. Frunobulax (froo-nob-you-lax)was a Monster GiaNT Poodle Dog who ate Japan according to the late Frank Zappa who wrote a funny song about monster movies from Japan called"Cheepnis"on the album Live at the Roxy and elsewhere .I am still a big fan of the late American Comoposer who died 10 years ago this December of prostate cancer at 52.That was my Alpha Upsilon name
Kev

Posted By: iwood51 Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 01:00 PM
In reply to:

the splinters?
i like that name too!

I even call them splinter1, splinter2 and splinter3 based on oldest to youngest

In reply to:

btw Art likes your little quote on the bottom from mr franklin

Here's a ton more

http://www.tobp.com/other/beer_quotes.shtml

Posted By: Sue in Oz Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 02:25 PM
Thanks, Cristina! Good to see you too.

Yes - those thumbnail pics are great, aren't they? So nice to be able to put faces to the names.

Hugs,
Sue

Posted By: Sue in Oz Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 02:30 PM
LOL!! You're lucky, Cheryl! Some days, the brain fog is so bad I CAN'T remember my name!! (I usually blame it on the meds, of course..........!)

Sue

Posted By: Inanna Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 03:30 PM
Hey Cristina, great thread!! I don't have time to read all of it right now (all 50 billion posts ), but I thought I'd fill you in on Inanna.

I have a massive interest in pre-Judeo Christian religions, and if I were to go back to university right now, I would major in archeology and anthropology, with a focus on ancient (neolithic and before) religions. Sumer is the most ancient civilization known to this point, civilization being counted as the advent of writing, which we get from Sumer. Inanna was the Sumerian Goddess of the Morning & Evening Stars. She was known as the Queen of Heaven and her stories are quite numerous. In one story, she decides to visit her 'sister', Queen of the Underworld. To get there, she must pass through seven gate, at each of which she must remove an article of her worldly connections, so that she passes into the Underworld as naked as when she was born. No illusions, no material possessions, no pride of place in the world, just as she was. When she arrived, her sister had her tortured and murdered, but Inanna had been prepared for this and she had arranged for someone to go for help should this happen. She was saved by two demons (for lack of a better word) who tricked the Queen of the Underworld into giving the Inanna's body and what was needed to revive her. And so, Inanna returned to the world, but someone had to take her place in the Underworld, so some guarantors were sent with her to make sure she did. Several times as they travelled, they met people who were special to Inanna, but Inanna kept saying that this person was not the one. Then they came to her palace, and there was her beloved husband, sitting on her throne and celebrating. The betrayal stung Inanna and she told the guarantors that this was the person who would take her place in the Underworld.

He was saved by his own sister, by the way, who agreed to take his place in the Underworld for six months of every year, allowing him to return home to Inanna (for they genuinely loved and cared for one another). And so, summer and winter are explained in ancient Sumeria. It is summer when hubbie is home, winter when he is in the Underworld.

The summer before I came to KA was one of the most difficult in my life. I felt like I'd been stripped of everything by pain and that my diagnosis was akin to Inanna's visit to the Underworld. Every step I have taken since then has been one more step to living in the world again.

So there you are, the story of my user name.

Hugs,

Kat

Posted By: Cristina Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 03:42 PM
Wow Kat! That was an awesome story! Thanks for sharing...

Hugs,

Cristina
Posted By: DANVON Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 04:50 PM
Good question to repost with all the new members....
Mine is very simple its the combination of my first and middle names.

Dan

>>>>>>
We are kicking some AS*.
Posted By: Inanna Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 06:13 PM
My pleasure, Cristina!!

Hugs,

Kat

Posted By: Inanna Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 06:14 PM
OK, so we know what Dan stands for.... What's Von short for?

Hugs,

Kat

Posted By: DANVON Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 06:17 PM
Von is short for Vaughan, my middle name.

Dan

>>>>>>[image]https://www.kickas.org/images/upload/sigfiles/danvon_chevburnout.jpg
[/image]
We are kicking some AS*.
Posted By: mig Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 06:24 PM
Kat! My goodness what a thoughtful, thought-provoking, and fitting user name! I think you should win some sort of prize for 'most creative'!!!

The story well illustrates the ebb and flow of AS,... as well as womankind's age old dilemma. That must be where the saying comes from. "Men ~ can't live with 'em ~ can't live without 'em!" Or as my sister says, "Men can't live with 'em, pass the salt!"

Seriously, this was like finding a gem in my day!

mig
Posted By: Laurie Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 06:24 PM
Wow, what a wonderful story! And a beautiful analogy.
Thanks,
Laurie

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
- Albert Camus
Posted By: Inanna Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 06:28 PM
Funny, Dan, because that's what popped into my head as I asked you. The psy'chic ' strikes!!

Hugs,

Kat

Posted By: Inanna Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 06:32 PM
Thanks, Mig. Yeah, my online names tend to completely reflect where I am at any given point in my life.

By the way, love your sister's quote. I'll have to remember it. OK, it doesn't go for all men, but definitely applicable in my life right now.

Hugs,

Kat

Posted By: Inanna Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 06:33 PM
I love Inanna's stories. There are so many of them, but that one in particular touched a chord in me. Glad you like.

Hugs,

Kat

Posted By: DANVON Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 06:36 PM
Is that great minds think a like or is it fools seldom differ

Dan

>>>>>>
We are kicking some AS*.
Posted By: Inanna Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 06:39 PM
Definitely fools!!

Kat

Posted By: iwood51 Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 06:54 PM
Mig, that reminds me of one of many Norm Peterson quotes:

"Women, can't live with 'em... pass the beer nuts."

Posted By: Lord Simpo Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 07:01 PM
Cristina
I love this question to bits.
Sit back now coz this may take a while. I used to be just Simpo.
So 'LORD SIMPO'. I was given this name by my dear, dear friend Loz. We met up for the first time a couple of years ago, for a Sunday afternoon stroll with Pam, my wife, and Sue, Loz's wife and his son Dom. A great afternoon, and we got to taking photo's of each other and we just happened to be wandering the grounds of a 16th C priory, which has now been turned into a hotel, but the grounds are open to the public. So anyway, I had my picture taken in front of the magnificent building.
Loz put the picture of me up on the site for all to admire, along with the story of me actually being 'Lord Simpo' A real honest to goodness member of the English aristocracy. Unfortunatly, several people believed him, and we played along, me being very cross with him, for leaking my true identity, and him apologising, and it went on for about 4 days, when I fessed up and told everyone it was all a scam. A few of the older KA members may remember the laughs we had over it. I still do.

Stay Well
Paul

"If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life,
then lets all get wasted and have the time of our lives."

Posted By: Inanna Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 07:49 PM
Paul, I love that story! I've often wondered how you came upon "Lord", and now I know that it was our own, dear Loz who did it.

I wish I'd been here to see that series of posts, tho!

Hugs,

Kat

Posted By: mig Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 09:57 PM
Ya just had ta love Norm!

He sure had some great lines like....'It's a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.' One of my favs!

mig
Posted By: urla Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 10:05 PM
Hi All!
Good question Cristina!! BTW, how are you?? Inquiring minds want to know!!
Urla...My first niece couldn't pronounce my name, Laura, so..."Auntie Er-la" it was. I prefer to spell it with a U, it looks more exotic
BTW, Only my 23 year old niece and her dad, one of my three brothers, are the ONLY ones priviledged in the whole wide world, to call me that, so watch it there folks!! It's Laura to you!!
Laura

Posted By: Dotyisle Re: User names revisited - 08/12/03 11:57 PM
Ahhhh Cheers.... another classic TV program. Had to catch every Thursday Night in college.

Here is one of my favorite Norm quotes:

"What's going on Mr. Peterson?"
"The question is what's going in Mr. Peterson? A beer please, Woody."

Take care,

Tim

Posted By: Trinka Re: User names revisited - 08/13/03 02:00 AM
Hi,

Mine is pretty simple too! It's my real name. I can't get it on AOL or Cox or even instant messenger, so I was happy that I could actually use my name here!

Trinka

Posted By: stevec Re: User names revisited - 08/13/03 04:19 AM
Unlike the poet Robert Frost it is not the path chosen that has made all the difference but those not chosen.

Sure Stevec seems like an obvious choice when your name is Steve Crowe. It says who you are distinguishes you from any Steve on the board before you and is direct and straightforward as a soul ought to be.

However when you look at the candidates denied you relaize it was no simple choice.

OH Exalted Bent one- semi demonic and taking great pride in my gnarled form a first runner up

Crooked lawyer- an obvious winning choice as an old thread evidenced but not creative enough

I'm with Bruno- for obvious reasons

Triplicate smiplicate just hand me a clean diaper- a bit long

Used hips for sale - almost sound like a topless bar

I shot the DOc but I did not shoot the Deputy couldn't carry the tune

snap-crackle -pop - all too true but the cereal folks and those little elven creatures are tough bargainers on the rights

So AS goes - too eclectic a bit fatalisitc and really not big enough a Vonnegut fan to let it ride

IAIMH it all in my head, its all in your head, its really got very little to do with my head since the first pains were centralized in my butt

Inanna - Never heard the myth before her explanation but if I had and were of the appropriate gender I would have wrestled for that one for sure because that was a wonderful post and explanation and why I love Cristina questions

stevec-they also serve who stand and wait
Posted By: bushnell7 Re: User names revisited - 08/13/03 04:48 AM
Not too creative for me either, Last name Bushnell and there was 7 of us kids. But in Geneology Bushnell's originated in England. Sorry just thought I'd make it sound a little more than it is. LOL I wonder how the hell we ended up in IL. Connie

Posted By: mamadolphin Re: User names revisited - 08/13/03 05:29 AM
Ok I think I have finally read all the posts on this thread. (have to go give my eyeballs a rest for a few hours after this reply )

Christina you did it again girl!!! Love when you come up with another question like this! The stories behind so many of the names were just awsome!!

My username was made up for me by my son Noah. One of my bestfriends always says I am a MamaBear about my kids. (you just don't mess with my babies ) But my son thought since I collect and have so many dolphins that MamaDolphin was more appropriate.

This was a fun question.

Have a great day

Pam

My boys, Noah & Isaiah
Posted By: iwood51 Re: User names revisited - 08/13/03 12:51 PM
In reply to:

Used hips for sale - almost sound like a topless bar

Don't post things like this when I'm reading at work. My colleagues already think I'm off my rocker without spontaneous guffaws

Remins me of a funny sign

Ian

Posted By: iwood51 Re: User names revisited - 08/13/03 12:54 PM
Mig, Tim in regards to the Norm quotes, here are my favorites:

WOODY: "Can I pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?"
NORM: "A little early isn't it, Woody?"
WOODY: "For a beer?"
NORM: "No, for stupid questions."

WOODY: "Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?"
NORM: "All right, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty."

WOODY: "Hey, Mr. Peterson, there's a cold one waiting for you."
NORM: "I know. If she calls, I'm not here."

SAM: "What'll you have Normie?"
NORM: "Well, I'm in a gambling mood, Sammy. I'll take a glass of whatever comes out of that tap."
SAM: "Looks like beer, Norm."
NORM: "Call me Mister Lucky." I've actually used this one in a bar

Ian

Posted By: Inanna Re: User names revisited - 08/13/03 01:24 PM
Well then my friend, it's a good thing I got that name first!!

Personally, I'm with Ian. Hips For Sale is a great name!! Reminds me of an old Cole Porter song, except his was Love For Sale. Hips, Love. I guess there's a difference.

Hugs,

Kat

Posted By: earthwoman Re: User names revisited - 08/13/03 01:43 PM
Hi Kat!

I love your creative side . I always wondered about your name. It suits you perfectly .

Hope you escape the underworld soon, if you need a little help from the bull to fight off those demons just give a yell, I give a good smack with my flower SNORT!

peace
Kathy

"The most beautiful stones have been tossed by the wind and washed by the waters and polished to brilliance by life's strongest storms."
Posted By: earthwoman Re: User names revisited - 08/13/03 01:52 PM
That's so cute Pam out the mouth of babes as they would say I hope your doing well!

peace
Kathy

Posted By: earthwoman Re: User names revisited - 08/13/03 01:55 PM
as always Steve, you are too funny

Posted By: Inanna Re: User names revisited - 08/13/03 02:19 PM
Thanks, Kathy. You may hear from me for a little back-up from the flower smack soon!!

Hugs,

Kat

Posted By: Cindy Re: User names revisited - 08/14/03 03:47 PM
When I joined KickAS, I was in too much pain to have any imagination. Everyone calls me Cindy, including my parents. And you all may as well, too. My real name is Cynthia, but I know my parents messed up there.

Hugs,

Cindy

I am only one; but still I am one.
I cannot do everything.
But still I can do something;
I will not refuse to do the something I can do.

Helen Keller
Posted By: Loz Re: User names revisited - 08/14/03 05:04 PM
Yes, it was great fun, and almost everyone saw the funny side despite it being purposefully misleading just for the fun of it.

Some people used the internet to rumble us by searching for peerages, in the end I apologised because someone didn't find it funny, but then my apology started to become part of my KA signature. Someone who really enjoyed it was Deanpaul. I still remember him inviting me over to Utah to come and apologise in person :):) Happy times.

Loz

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin." - Grace Hansen
Posted By: Inanna Re: User names revisited - 08/14/03 06:21 PM
Did you ever take him up on his invite?

Kat

Posted By: porphgoddess Re: User names revisited - 08/14/03 06:33 PM
Okay. My family sometimes calls me Goddess.......actually they say I am....
THE GODDESS OF DREAMS COME TRUE.

I also have porphyria, formerly called the royal malady.

When I came to the internet I found tons and tons of Goddess sisters.

So I tried PORPHGODDESS........and low and behold, I was the only one of those!!! LOL So I use the same name on most of the sites I visit.

Recently, a 15 year old upstart with porphyria has decided that SHE is porphgoddess. So I told her we could share, but that she would have to tolerate my continued use of the name.........because I HAD IT FIRST~!!!!!!! Kids, gotta love 'um.

Love to all,
Ellie

Posted By: Inanna Re: User names revisited - 08/14/03 07:34 PM
Ellie, she's only a kid. She should be called PorphGoddessInTraining!!

Kat

Posted By: Lord Simpo Re: User names revisited - 08/14/03 09:08 PM
Kat
you would have loved every moment of it believe me, just ask any one who was fooled by it.

Stay Well
Paul

"If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life,
then lets all get wasted and have the time of our lives."

Posted By: Cristina Re: User names revisited - 08/15/03 01:32 AM
Paul,

I remember your name formation well and it was hilarious! It was the best thing we had going on the board for a long time. I am glad it stuck and you still have it!

Dakotadan,

I must make a correction in your reply. Tim Crotty, who coined the term "KickAS", is from Erie, PA. Not New York. I haven't seen him here in a long time but I know he goes by the user name "tjc." And yes, you are correct, he is part of the "flame" family and is/was Chief of HazMat.

Before I found ASWeb, Tim and I found each other and talked about AS alot. I'll never forget the day he said that we should create a magazine and call it Kickin'AS. When I came to the board I mentioned this conversation and yes, that is how the word KickAS came to be. Thank you Timothy J. Crotty for coming up with that 8 years ago. Look what that word has become...an awesome website!

Cristina
Posted By: Cristina Re: User names revisited - 08/15/03 01:38 AM
Does anyone remember when Deanpaul first started posting and Steve asked him, "so what is it, Dean or Paul? What's with the name combo?" Something to that effect.

Deanpaul had the best reply I think I have ever heard. It was one of my favorite posts ever. It sure shut everyone up quick if they thought they were going to tease him for two names in one!

Where are you Deanpaul????

Cristina
Posted By: Timo Re: User names revisited - 08/15/03 04:03 AM
Hi Cristina, you wonderful lady : )
Well, my sig is just a reflection of my name. Heh, the funny thing is that my Mom worked in a prison in Helsinki, Finland (many years ago) and when I was born they wanted a short name. Hmmm...one of the prisoner's name was Timo so that's what I got...

Cheers,
Timo ( I feel like I want to break into a car or something but I can't imagine why )

Timo
Posted By: Jumpnj Re: User names revisited - 08/15/03 02:54 PM
Okay okay I know it took me long enough to respond to this one but here goes. My nick name comes from when I was in the Army. My last name being Johnston, my buddies just shortened it to Johnny. This is where the story takes a bad twist. We were doing some training, getting ready for National Training Center (NTC), which is out in the middle of the desert. We had a few weeks before we went to NTC, so we were doing some desert training when one day we had some R & R (rest and receration). We had some choices go to the pool, gym, or some other type of fun. Well I decided to go to the pool with some of my buddies. At the pool there was this high dive. So after my buddies talked me into going off of it. I decided top go for it. As I was up on the high dive fearing for my life, with the kids behind me wanting to jump off. I took a deep breathe and went to jump, well when I jumped, I go a good first bounce, when I come back down I missed the board, When I hit the water it hurt something awful. It was like getting an enyma from a pool. Ouch the pain, and embarassment. So after that all of my buddies started calling me Jumping Johnny "King of the High Dive" The name stuck after that. That's my story I'm sticking to it.
See Ya,
Mark

Posted By: oakleaf Re: User names revisited - 08/15/03 04:28 PM
why did I choose oakleaf....simple!!!!!! the oak tree is the strongest and sturdiest tree I know the leaf stays on through out winter then fall to help give nutrients to the tree in the spring to help new leaves grow. oak

I am older then I look and I feel older than I am
Posted By: Loz Re: User names revisited - 08/15/03 04:34 PM
In reply to:

Did you ever take him up on his invite?

I'd like to answer

"not yet"

Loz

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin." - Grace Hansen

Posted By: Jade Re: User names revisited - 08/15/03 08:03 PM
Trinka is your real name?? Uh-oh....
And I had the nerve to ask you here in some post a while ago:"How did you come up with that nickname, it's so special!" Stupid me!

Sorry, lol
Jade

Posted By: Cristina Re: User names revisited - 08/15/03 08:16 PM
Timo,

I am laughing my head off about you feeling the need to break into a car but don't know why! LOL! I always knew that was your name but never knew the great story behind it after all these years. I am so glad I asked this again! (Do you have an inmate number to go with that name?)
Will you be in Vegas next summer? Please, please? Remember your winnings last time and how you paid for your trip with it! Lady Luck is on your side! Miss you!

Mark,

Thanks so much for the story again! The mental picture is priceless!
And will you be in Vegas next summer too? That was a great trip we all had in 2001. Let's do it again!

Hugs,

Cristina
Posted By: OldGeorge Re: User names revisited - 08/16/03 03:18 AM
Ahhhhhh Cristina, I've missed you a lot. So nice to see you back here at KickAS.

My name is easy to figure out. I am probably the oldest one here at KA and my name is George. OldGeorge just seemed appropriate.

I'll touch base with you later in a PM.

very big hugs,
George

Posted By: Lakecounty Re: User names revisited - 08/16/03 05:07 AM
Hey George glad to see you back, hope all is well with you, stay sround this time..........................John(LC)

Posted By: Sassy Re: User names revisited - 08/16/03 05:11 AM
Hey George

Nice to see you back.

Posted By: iwood51 Re: User names revisited - 08/16/03 01:43 PM
Mark, for the longest time I assumed, and we all know what assume means, perfectly explained by this gentleman that you were jump-nj something to do with jumping and heralding from NJ. At last we have clarification. Thanks there buddy.

Ian

Posted By: Painindaas Re: User names revisited - 08/16/03 03:24 PM
Painindaas = Pain in the as_

Ask any of my friends, and they'll tell you it definitely fits!

Posted By: Jayne Re: User names revisited - 08/16/03 04:21 PM
Mine is pretty boring, a little stupid and a little paranoid. I am very weary of the internet and am always on my kids backs about never giving out their real name or address. So when I first came to kickas, before I got to know all you wonderful people, I was too afraid to tell you my real name(Simone) so I used my middle name Jayne. There is the paranoid part- and here is the stupid part of this- in my profile I used my real name, my age and I said where I lived, dah!!!!!!. So I used Jayne for no good reason and now it doesn't make sense in changing it, but most people know my real name is Simone.

Great post!!!

Simone

Posted By: Jayne Re: User names revisited - 08/16/03 04:31 PM
Brad

I figured you were a U of M fan!! Living in Ann Arbor it is impossible not to be one. We used to live on Stadium Blvd, a stones throw away from the Stadium. We parked cars on our lawn for $20.00 a piece and the kids sold lemonade and averaged $75.00 a game. When we moved last year(still in Ann Arbor) the kids were sad about their loss in business but there was an unexpected perk to our move. We moved next door to the Assist. Head Coach of the U of M football team(Fred Jackson). His son is my son's age and they have played together every single day since we moved in last year. He also got to go to all their games, go on the field at the end of the game and go in the locker room at the end of the game. A dream come true for any 11 yr. old boy.By the end of the season the players all got to know my son and at the end of the games in the locker room they would high five him and say "great game Josh". Too good to be true. Since we moved to Ann Arbor 10 years ago, every fall our lives revolve around their home games!!!

Simone

Posted By: Jayne Re: User names revisited - 08/16/03 04:37 PM
Old George

I am soooo happy you have come back. I was so sad when you left kickas. You were always my hero here. I tried to e-mail you a few times but it came back undelivered. I have been away most of the summer so I was thrilled when I saw your name!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of hugs

Simone

Posted By: wishing_well Re: User names revisited - 08/16/03 05:36 PM
Hey George,
So good to see you back !!!
Gerard

"Walk gently, breathe peacefully, laugh hysterically." -Nelson Mandela-
Posted By: Cristina Re: User names revisited - 08/16/03 06:35 PM
George,

It is so wonderful to see you, you don't know. Try not to be a stranger! We need your wisdom and good humor around here.. I hope you are doing well!

Simone,

That was a totally hilarious reply! (The part about putting your real info into your profile) I know what you mean about being leary about the internet. There are some really strange people out there. But thanks for your story....I am still laughing!

Hugs,

Cristina
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: User names revisited - 08/16/03 06:52 PM
Hello George,

I am with the others.... hope you come back to stay. You are missed here at Kickas!

Take care and hope all is well on your end

Tim

Posted By: Jade Re: User names revisited - 08/16/03 07:50 PM
George!
Very good to see you, I have really missed your posts!

hugs,
Jade

Posted By: Loz Re: User names revisited - 08/16/03 10:57 PM
How wonderful to see you post George :)

I've been meaning to call you but I have so much going on right now it's hard to believe. I'll explain when I call. Welcome back old friend :)

Loz

Posted By: iwood51 Re: User names revisited - 08/18/03 01:50 PM
In reply to:

I know what you mean about being leary about the internet. There are some really strange people out there

Who you callin' strange?

Posted By: OldGeorge Re: User names revisited - 08/18/03 03:52 PM
Hi Loz,

A big thanks to you and the others below for the "Welcome Back" messages.

If you can, let me know approximately when you may call as I am liable to be travelling, with only a half day warning, up to Powell River to do some more film shoots and may not be here.

So many new people on KickAS now! (which is great)

George

Posted By: icky Re: User names revisited - 08/18/03 04:24 PM
Hi George,
I'm so happy to see you back at KA. I missed your great posts my friend. It is so special to meet people at kickas. There are so many here that I want to meet in person.You , for sure are one of them George , and to see you here today brings me joy.
So far I have met Jeanna twice. Last thursday was the last we saw her. I posted a pic of her and myself in a thread last week. The title was (A Lovely Lady). I'm afraid it has slipped away unnoticed. Whatwith the huge power failer down east,it was really quiet here at KA. You might still be able to catch it somewhere down the line. It was 35c out there at The Forks so I do look somewhat weathered.The sun can do that ...eh.. I am younger then that....really
As usual we have renewed our hope to meet again. We did talk a bit of a Winnipeg party in the future. You once asked me NOT to make it in the winter. Don't wory. It will be summer when that day comes.
I most never am this long winded. It is just that when I saw you here, you made my day.
Ray

Posted By: Inanna Re: User names revisited - 08/18/03 06:56 PM
George, I'm so glad you're back with us. You have so definitely been missed by everyone. Thanks.

Hugs,

Kat

Posted By: Inanna Re: User names revisited - 08/18/03 06:57 PM
Say, isn't 'strange' boy running for CA governor against Ahnie?

Kat

Posted By: Cristina Re: User names revisited - 08/19/03 01:09 AM
Ian,

That picture was totally hilarious! Thanks for making me laugh so hard!!

Kat,

Yes, Gary Coleman is running against Ahh'nold here in CA. Linc asked me about it a couple pages back and I repeated a joke about Mr. Coleman that I had heard. So Ian posted his pic to a reply I made about something else. Funny stuff!

Hugs,

Cristina
Posted By: Inanna Re: User names revisited - 08/19/03 02:52 PM
I saw Gary Coleman interviewed on Canada AM the other morning. Good gravy, he didn't seem to have a clue even why he was running, except as an alternative to Ahnold.

Ah well, it takes all kinds I suppose.

Hugs,

Kat

Posted By: Calixto Re: User names revisited - 08/27/03 11:18 PM
Hi Cristina

My user name is a from an article published back in the 1890's
About the Spanish - American war .
It's about a Army officer who didn't ask any questions , he over came many obsticles and risked life and limb and just got on and got the job done .

" A Message to Garcia " ( Calixto Garcia )

You'll find it on the web !

Regards
Stephen

Posted By: Shane Re: User names revisited - 08/28/03 01:56 AM
You know, reading the posts here, I've been wondering how people got some of their more interesting names... It's a shame that I wasn't more creative, it's just my name.

I got my actual name from the cowboy book/movie - "Shane". My mother was into that stuff while she was carrying me, and I was apparently conceived in the US, so that was it.

I have carried the handle 'MoonMonster' a few times - my wife loves the moon (Like MoonBees) and she is convinced that I am in fact a monster, from the moon. I'm not so sure, and tend to believe my mother, who says I was born in a hospital in Portsmouth, UK. Mind you, I do have some scaly skin (psoriasis) and sometimes get grouchy like a monster when stuff hurts, so maybe she's right after all!

Posted By: Cristina Re: User names revisited - 08/28/03 03:43 AM

In reply to:

It's a shame that I wasn't more creative, it's just my name.

"Just my names" are great! It's easier for me to remember a person's real name when that is the user name. I'm getting so old...or maybe there are just so many people on the board now , yeah...that's it, that I find myself having to look at their profile a couple of times if they are new to remember the real name!

I love these answers people!

Cristina

To hell with it~Have fun!
-Dakotadan

Posted By: Jumpnj Re: User names revisited - 08/28/03 12:16 PM
Hey Ian,
Is that who I think it is. Oh he is too funny.
See Ya,
Mark

Posted By: Fred_Eye Re: User names revisited - 08/28/03 08:40 PM
When I was much younger I did a lot of partying. Often I would come to work with a hangover and many times with no sleep. My co-workers would always say here comes ol Red Eye on those days because of my obvious red eyes. Well, my name is Fred and it didn't take long before they were saying here comes Fred-Eye. It stuck for over 30 years.

I'm really only 18 years old. I have 35 years experience at being 18 years old.
Posted By: Deanpaul Re: User names revisited - 12/18/03 02:24 AM
I'm here.

And here:

Click Here

Your pal,

Deanpaul

Regime change, like charity, begins at home. - Ira Glass, This American Life

I fixed the link to be short, Ian

Edited by iwood51 on 12/18/03 07:48 AM (server time).

Posted By: Cristina Re: User names revisited - 12/18/03 06:18 AM
Deanpaul,

It is sooooo good to see you! Vegas 2004?

Cristina

Posted By: Deanpaul Re: User names revisited - 12/18/03 03:04 PM
I did see the Vegas 2004 thread in the other forum... I thought that was an every two year cycle? But hey, I'm not going to not go. If there is a KA gathering in Vegas, I'll be there.

Great to see you and to be seen. Hope you're doing well, it has been too long. My bad. ;)

Your pal,

Deanpaul

Regime change, like charity, begins at home. - Ira Glass, This American Life
Posted By: tjc Re: User names revisited - 12/18/03 04:45 PM
It has been awhile . I started on the old old board :) Good Lord remember the battles ? :)I started out as Tim , then Tjc and then used Hm800 as that is my Chiefs number for Hazmat and I didnt forget it :) Then at one time I used Tjc 29 as that is the number on my fire helmet. Sooooooooo down the road I will change from tjc as that is a bit boring .
Peace and God Bless, Tim

Posted By: Rowr Re: User names revisited - 12/18/03 05:17 PM
Hi Christina,

You are certainly not getting too old, you are just getting more adorable. I am a newbie on this site, but have loved the people I have met and all the info and experience I have learned in just the past week.

My User Name may look obvious, but it has a deeper meaning. The pain of AS I have experienced over the years has been so intense at times, I used to ROAR with pain and frustration. And, as you may have seen in my post to your "What is your favorite KickAS moment/moments" thread, I am an active ROWER. Hence I combined the two words as a constant reminder to myself of what I Love (rowing) and Hate (pain and suffering). Which can also be interpretted as Good vs Evil, Predestination vs. Free Will, Self vs. Others (team mates) who are in greater need and pain.

By all the wonderful comments in the overwhelming number of replies your posts receive, you are undoubtedly deserving of the title Spectacular_AS_Kicker. ;-)

Just glad to be here,
Rowr

"Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated."Mark Twain
Posted By: mimi Re: User names revisited - 12/18/03 07:27 PM
Cristina, My real name is Christine, but I learned long ago that all variations of the name are usually taken. Mimi is what I called myself when I first started to talk and it was one of the nicknames that my family used for me. Because it's not my real name, I always use a small "m".

mimi

Posted By: Cristina Re: User names revisited - 12/19/03 12:54 AM
Mimi,

When I was born, my oldest sister couldn't say "Cristina" so she called me "Nina."

I was known as Nina for very many years. Oh no....now my secret is out!

Hugs,
Cristina

Posted By: iwood51 Re: User names revisited - 12/19/03 01:17 PM
In reply to:

When I was born, my oldest sister couldn't say "Cristina" so she called me "Nina."

Uh oh, El Nina

When my brother was little, he couldn't say Nana, so my grandmother to this day is still know to all of us as Ninny.

Ian

Posted By: iwood51 Re: User names revisited - 12/19/03 01:23 PM
Tim, I haven't had the pleasure of saying hi yet, so here it is.... Hi, nice to meet you. Another smoke-eater, that's cool. Are you career or vollie? Are you still active? I've been a vollie for 20 years, reaching the rank of Captain twice (including this year) (oh and Chief for a week, see attached), however, I think I may hang up the boots after this year, more due to my asthma than anything else. I may stay as a chauffer or some other lighter duty, it's time to leave the interior attacks to the younger, healthier guys (and gals).

Ian

Posted By: alohaben Re: User names revisited - 12/19/03 01:34 PM
iaorana, Christina...

many, many, many years ago I was very depressed about the state of my world and hatched a plan to run
away to Samoa ( the heartland/sourcepoint of polynesia) like Robert Louis Stevenson. RLS had tb and very
poor health; he traveled the world looking for a good place to live out his days, found Samoa, became
embroiled in the local scene, and got healthier...he wrote some of his best stuff there.

well, it's almost impossible to get to samoa...but I found Tahiti - a dirty little third-world port city on an
island the size of Maui...but Tahiti is close to hundreds of little islands that are pieces of paradise.
No wife or kids to answer to...made nineteen trips to tahiti, on to the cook islands, new zealand and about
two dozen jaunts to Hawaii. I adopted polynesia as my alternate quantum universe, because this old hippie
really likes a place where you can wear flowers in your hair. Due to financial constraints, I haven't gone
home since 1995, but in my heart that's where i live.

for years I used " iaorana " which is the tahitian aloha...in the interest of accessability i figured alohaben
would work better for the internet.
mauruuru,
alohaben

btw...RLS died from a stroke while making cocktails before dinner...for anyone with a chronic disease,
that sounds to me like the right way to go.

Posted By: iwood51 Re: User names revisited - 12/19/03 01:35 PM
Tim, it would help if I attached the pic.

Okay, that's not working, but basically the Chiefs were out of town for a week, so the Captain's got the Chiefs' cars and were running the show for a week.

Ian

Posted By: iwood51 Re: User names revisited - 12/19/03 01:36 PM
One more try.

Attached picture 1-142400-IanChief4.jpg
Posted By: tjc Re: User names revisited - 12/19/03 02:41 PM
hI Ian , Nice to meet ya ! I started in the fire business in 1973 . I have been a volunteer with Lawrence Park Fire Department for all those years . The "As" has had a role in how I responded because there sure have been times when going in, was not a option.
Right now I do a lot of driving the ladder and engine. I am still the Chief of the Erie County Hazardous Material Team. I do suit up for those occassions, its a lot slower moving and I can basically pick the call I get to suit up on , So if its 600 pound drums this old guy stays in command in the bus :)
I have worked a combination of emergency service jobs . I ran a emergency dispatch center for seven years . I now work for Erie County Emergency Management as a specialist in Hazardous Materials, so you could say I am a paid haz mat responder. I still like packing up and playing in fires but I have slowed down and let the kids play the first string. I think the age has as much to do with it as the "AS" . I dont require the "edge " as much as I used to :)
I guess I have held just about every position there is to hold in these departments . I really never cared about what rank I achieved , I just loved the game .
Peace and God Bless , Tim

Posted By: Jade Re: User names revisited - 12/19/03 06:39 PM
WHOA!!
Looking good there, Ian!

Jade

Posted By: DieselDon Re: User names revisited - 12/19/03 10:37 PM
Here is my reason,

http://www.dodge-diesel.org/yabbse/gallery/displayimage.php?album=301&pid=2398

that's it

Posted By: Cristina Re: User names revisited - 01/19/04 06:06 AM

Bump......for the newbies!

~C

Posted By: Dotyisle Re: User names revisited - 05/26/04 07:17 PM
Since Steve asked the question about the Harpfencer Login Name, figured would "bump" this thread out of semi-retirement.

So newbies.... please update the meaning behind the Login Name or just enjoy reading this thread.

Tim

Hope is only a post away with KickAS.
Posted By: Oldtimer Re: User names revisited - 05/26/04 09:41 PM
I chose Oldtimer not because of my age, but because my body has felt old and creaky most of my adult life. J.R.

Posted By: starrnr Re: User names revisited - 05/26/04 10:10 PM
I just love the stories behind these names. How wonderful they are.

For me: long ago when I had AOL (I think it was version 2), I had to select a screen name.

Since we live in the country and I can see the milky way any time (and it is magnificent without light pollution), I was going for Stargazer, however, it was taken (in all forms). So, I got to thinking of another way I could express my delight in the stars. I find that when I stare at them I feel like I can run from star to star, so instead of gazing at stars, I run thru them - hence starrnr.

I use that screen name for just about everything that isn't official (like work and my "real" email address). If I had to use my real name (first and last), I would never get any mail due to the vast number of double letters that I have and most people would spell my first or last name incorrectly and it's such a friggin bother!

Ah well, that's my story and well, I'm sticking to it.

Sherree

Posted By: neo Re: User names revisited - 05/27/04 12:26 AM
neoterikos, neotericus, neoteric, neo = new

Posted By: Aims Re: User names revisited - 05/27/04 01:34 AM
Well you guys have great stories. Mine is VERY simple, everyone just calls me Aims.

That is it, thats all.

Amy:)

Posted By: Dakotadan Re: User names revisited - 05/27/04 02:03 AM
LOL,

Hey, when a beautiful blond is posin', wouldn't you drop the hose and grab a camera? You guys have to use water? In California we just yell "CUT" and it's out;)

Pete

- Lt. Frank Drebin

Posted By: Frunobulax Re: User names revisited - 05/27/04 04:43 AM
I hesitate to publish my real name on these types of sites for many years.I recently had a problem with somone who was canny enough to figure out my home phone number and call us with threatening insults to one of my posts.I use "Frunobulax", a name for a monster that ate Japan in an obscure monster movie made in that country with exterme cheapnis in the 1950's .I use kev as my abreviated and more personable handle.
Kev

Posted By: rechrist Re: User names revisited - 05/27/04 12:28 PM
First initial second initial and first part of last name. So boring. When I started a job a while back they didn't know my middle initial so they substituted the letter "X" so sometimes I go by RXCHRIST. I always make sure to use the hard "eye" when telling support people my user ID.

Rick

Posted By: Kotte Re: User names revisited - 05/27/04 03:31 PM
Kotte is one of my parent's cats. "Kotte" is Swedish for "cone" as in pine cone. Don't ask me why he's called that. He used to belong to my brother, but my parents took care of him (Kotte that is) when my brother moved to Norway to work for a couple of years.

/Mattias

Attached picture 1-166169-Kotte.jpg
Posted By: dorothea Re: User names revisited - 05/27/04 10:06 PM
I took the name of a character from a book that I was reading at the time. I usually use the name 'cat', but that name was already taken. I kind of like the sound of my screen name...

Posted By: Crippen Re: User names revisited - 05/27/04 11:10 PM
My log in name, is also my nick name and has been for 16 years.
Quite alot of people call me 'Crippen' and not Bev now, my web site is named after my nick name and it links to the real life 'Crippen' who was 'Doctor Crippen' a murderer from England many years ago ( I think they arrested him in Canada though).
Why 'Crippen'.......
About 16 years ago I was a little 'un-inventive' or was I too busy having a great social life!!!! it's all a blur now. Anyway, I bought everyone I knew (as part of their gift)the same make box of chocalates for their Christmas. Only to find that they were all recalled, because they had been poisoned!!!!! Oops!!
I had visions of everyone I knew - all on the same hospital ward on Christmas day, I dont think there would have been much Ho,Ho,Ho! going on.
Anyway, I was forgiven, but nicked named 'Crippen' because I tried to kill everyone I knew. (I have been much more inventive ever since...guns, knives, blow darts!).
Told you I'm as mad as a bucket of frogs!
Hugs to all, Cripps.

Posted By: dorothea Re: User names revisited - 05/27/04 11:15 PM
Crippen,

That's a great story. I loved it - imagine trying to poison your friends with chocolate! At least they're still alive to talk about it ... tho' I'm wondering how many are left if you've graduated to more sophisticated methods.

Posted By: coranthalas Re: User names revisited - 05/27/04 11:19 PM
Mine is an old one...I just threw a bunch of letters together and came up with the name.
sounds nice people say which is probably why when ever i try to change the name the new one is ignored LOL...I tried to change my name when i was a host of a very popular chat room on MSN before they made it a pay to use chat.

Today we fight the fight of the ages
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: User names revisited - 05/28/04 04:41 AM
Neo,

I thought for sure you were a Matrix fan.

Tim

Hope is only a post away with KickAS.
Posted By: smaartin Re: User names revisited - 05/28/04 04:57 AM
Hi guys,
mine is nothing spectacular either...it used to be Badger after my first dog but too many people on other sites etc had that...so since my last name is Martin, my husband's name is Scott, and mine is Aimee, I came up with Smaartin as one he and I could both remember...but it's really my handle. He uses pyro...nice one for a firefighter, eh? lol

Posted By: azmpv Re: User names revisited - 05/28/04 05:29 PM
Well mine is pretty dumb also. I could not think of a user name for the life of me, so I figured I'm from Arizona (az) and my Mom just had bought a Mazda MPV Van. So there it is azmpv. I know I have no imagination. Bye Mike............

Posted By: Madmax Re: User names revisited - 05/29/04 05:47 AM

Hi Christina,

I had a username all ready to go, and I attended the Phoenix Support Group meeting
with Tim and Trinka attending. This meeting I got all riled up because the AS'er were
discussing how people treated them and starred at them and I spoke up and showed
my true colors, I got mad thinking how cruel people are, and the leader John said your
username on KAS should be MADMAX, and Tim and Trinka jumped right on that one,
and agreed with John so that is how I became MADMAX.

Thanks Christina, an interesting post.

Maxine

"Mike's Mom"
Posted By: JamesB Re: User names revisited - 05/29/04 09:44 AM
Hi my username is 'zjamesb', I have been using for years all over the internet, and email and newsgroup logins, dialup, etc. James B is my real name and sometimes James B is already taken when I go to create a username somewhere. So to be different, I added the Z in front of it a long time ago so I can easily find my username in any forum, when I sort by username. I don't stick to the same password though ;-) Good Day. James

Posted By: JustPeachy Re: User names revisited - 05/30/04 03:05 AM
Hello there Cristina,

I chose JustPeachy because at my worst AS flare up prior to either hip getting replaced, folks would ask me how I felt. When I gave an honest answer I would see their eyes glaze over and basically nod (my ESP told me that they were just being polite and didn't want the real response). So, from then on, I would reply "Just Peachy", even if I felt as if a Mack just ran me over and backed up running me over again and again. I smile, grit my teeth and all is well with me because it could always be worse!

Take care til next time,
JP

Posted By: Jeremy Re: User names revisited - 05/31/04 03:09 AM
I am just using my first name since I couldnt come up with a cool user name. Yes I know its a boring story.

"If you succeed through violence at the expense of other's rights and welfare, you have not solved the problem, but only created the seeds for another." - William Wheaton
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: User names revisited - 05/03/05 03:40 AM
Bumping up this Cristina post, has been almost a year and a lot of newbies out there to add the meaning behind their name (can also revisit a lot of the old names).

Tim
Posted By: telafree Re: User names revisited - 05/03/05 04:00 AM
tela and free are 2 songs by the now defunct band phish who i used to follow around the country. Tela is a song about a blue eyed girl who could melt all the hearts of men(like i did for my husband) and the free is mynumber one favorite song by them. Not sure how id describe except maybe as an anthem and it makes me happy everytime i listen to it.
Posted By: overcomer Re: User names revisited - 05/03/05 04:32 AM
I'm so glad this post has been posted. I'm a newbie to the list as well, and considered posting the same question. Some of the user names are quite self explanatory, whereas others, it would appear, have some very unique stories to tell.

I chose overcomer for 2 reasons. One is bourne out by my faith and trust in God in relation to overcoming adversity by His grace, with His help, and arriving on the other side of it victorious. The other, quite naturally, is my approach to the diagnosis of AS, such a dreadful disease. I will not be swallowed up by it although it may affect my body. My spirit will arise to meet the challenges and overcome the obstacles it may throw my way. (This is a good place for the Braveheart cheer )

I have actively fought against the symptoms of AS for 2 1/2 years now (although I've had symptoms for nearly 12 years-the first diagnosis being mild arthropathy).

Now this is the part where I get soft and mushy... My heart has been broken by the obvious pain that so many on this list have suffered, and some so young. It's my prayer for you all that you may experience the healing hand of God on your lives and bodies. I'm so glad I found this list, for this is a place where we can each share the load that the others bear. I've never met any of you, but I have a growing love and appreciation for each life represented here and want to help share your burdens too.

Peace to all, Sigrid
Posted By: postal2 Re: User names revisited - 05/03/05 04:32 AM
I worked for the post office for years and I thought it was fitting. I did not ever go postal there, but there were several tempting occasions....
Gail
Posted By: postal Re: User names revisited - 05/03/05 04:54 AM
copy cat
Posted By: snotbox Re: User names revisited - 05/13/05 12:23 AM
Because I am one.
Posted By: snotbox Re: User names revisited - 05/13/05 12:28 AM
Don`t you pray for me Sigrid, I never asked you to and I don`t want you to.

Kaz.
Posted By: LadyFierce Re: User names revisited - 05/14/05 07:40 PM
What a list! My eyes! My aching eyes!

Alrighty here goes...

Chelle is my name. LadyFierce is who I am.

I've always been a fan of medieval times and renaissance culture...the origin of the title "Lady". My grandmother blessed me with long lectures about the importance of "being a lady", ideals which I dutifully discarded throughout childhood only to embrace later.

"Fierce" took a little more soul searching...

From pagan studies, my birthday makes me a Leo, the Lion...Leos are ambitious, strong, passionate about their beliefs, creative, noble, and powerful.

Also, I'm a fire sign..."Like fire itself, fire signs are powerful and a force not to be reckoned with when out of control. Fire signs rarely let anything stand in their way. They can come across as being bossy, and often egotistical. If crossed the wrong way, fire signs can do irreparable damage and hurt one's feelings.

On the other hand, much like the name they represent, fire signs can cast beautiful light into otherwise dark and foreboding corners and situations. Fire signs are full of movement and vitality. Their energy is attractive and people are drawn to them."

My horoscope is never right, but the signs fit

(on a side note, during these studies, I discovered that my son, my daughter, myself, and my hubby make up earth, air, fire, and water...pure coincidence)

A dear friend once told me that I reminded her of a lioness...on first look calm, pensive, laid back...but inside strong, clever, always the protector. And if ever my family is threatened...Fierce. The word stuck in my head.

So to completely switch directions, and make a short story long...

As I was growing up, it was my mother who taught me the meaning of unconditional love. How to give courage when the storms come. How to always hold my head up in strength and Faith..Like a Lady.

My father, a career marine and policeman until the day he passed, taught me how to stand strong no matter what the battle. How to fight for what really matters, and never compromise myself or my values...To be Fierce.

So I guess like many people here, my name comes from my parents.
Posted By: Frunobulax Re: User names revisited - 05/14/05 11:39 PM
I am a big Frank Zappa fan, the late american composer.He wrote a song about monster movies of the 50's.when i was a fraternity boy, many years ago at Cal Poly SLO,he had a song i related to about Frunobulax, a giant poodle that just ate Japan,it was my fraternity name.
Kev
Posted By: Possi Re: User names revisited - 05/14/05 11:42 PM
Childhood nickname by my little brother trying to say my name as my Mother called me Joycie and his came out Possi so Possi I stayed to my family. We just never knew how to spell it. LOL
Possi
Posted By: alohaben Re: User names revisited - 05/15/05 11:57 AM
yo,

i've discovered that in europe i get called 'hawaii ben'...even though i live in connecticut (snow/ no palm trees)...

i always respond with the observation that hawaii is also a state of mind...and this old hippie does still think
that any conversation that starts and ends with ' hello/goodbye/i love you' can't be bad.
best
aloha Ben
Posted By: PaulaZU Re: User names revisited - 05/16/05 06:17 AM
Well, I finally had a chance to read all 22 pages of this thread . . . and my neck is feeling stiff (go figure!!) . . . but it's been great to hear everyone's stories!

Mine is just my name. In retrospect, I wish I'd been more creative, but I didn't think about it when I was registering.

Paula
Posted By: Angelmom Re: User names revisited - 05/16/05 06:55 AM
Ok, Ok, Ok,

I want to get in on this to...lol

OMG here alot of people are like it is my name, my kids couldn't say it and then here comes Kat with this big honkin story that is wonderful and blows the rest of us away...lol

My name Angelmom came from my AOL, or MSN screen name Our4Angels. My husband and I have 4 children which we consider to be gifts from God (all children are)

Basically my whole life has been dealing with children. I had my first child at 19. My husband use to be a youth director at our church and we developed long lasting friendships with alot of our kids.

I did in-home daycare for a total of 15 years where I kept 8 children all under the age of 5 and I did it very well...now, I couldn't do it...lots of times since then I have wondered how I did it...lol

I had a children's consignment shop named Our4Angels that catered strictly to children.

I have taught children's bible classes for years, tons of kids at our house in the summer.

We are weird parents. My 2 oldest girls didn't get to go out on dates we made them bring their boyfriends and their friends here and we partied...in a good way...lol We just felt like at 15, 16 or 17 boys and girls don't have much on their minds except their hormones, so we watched movies, played games, went out together and basically became friends with their friends. There are SO many kids out there today that aren't getting what they need at home, so we tried to provide some of that in our home.

Our 2 youngest are 7 & 11 so we will have to go thru it one more time...lol

Ok, ok the name Angel mom basically came from Our4Angels and the fact that thru the years I have had alot of people say Oh, how could you put up with that many kids or you are an Angel, I couldn't do it...lol

Thus the name Angelmom,

Lisa

ps great question!!!!!
Posted By: Charmed_One this is SO COOL... - 06/04/05 12:53 AM
i know many of you are sick of this poll, but there are a bunch of us "newbies" and a lot of you to get to know!! so, forgive me, but here i go.....

ok... i think my screen name is mostly an attempt at thinking positively... like living a charmed life. how can i stay depressed if i'm constantly saying i'm a Charmed_One??

HUGS!!
Teddi
Posted By: vans Re: User names revisited - 06/04/05 01:29 AM
Vans is how I sign my name shorthand. I always loved vans shoes so I adapted my signature for notes like that. I've never asked to be called that but now the newer people I hang with call me Vans - which is better that the few old pals who call me Crazy V!

I do like to bowl under the moniker Gympy Styles cuz I'm a gimp/cripple. I play mini golf under Nester Pox.
Posted By: DocLightning Re: User names revisited - 06/04/05 02:02 AM
Ok, so I'm not just a doctor, but I also do fire arts. (My Fire Gallery) I decided on my stage name at Burning Man 2001 when I wore a suit with electroluminescent glow-wire wrapped around it. It made me look like a lightning storm.

Lightning is a cool natural phenomenon, it's beautiful to watch and it's a natural light show.

I also put on light shows. I am a natural phenomenon, and I like to think that the art I do is beautiful to watch. Lightning is also just a cool name.

And so that's how I identify myself on boards.
Posted By: Candace Re: User names revisited - 06/04/05 04:02 AM
At my age I need all the memory tricks to remember stuff. So.....use my real name and be ahead of the game

Candace
Posted By: PrincessMichelle Re: this is SO COOL... - 06/08/05 03:42 AM
Well, for many years I have been called a princess, and not just any princess. My friends said that I was THEE Princess. So now as an adult I am known as Princess Michelle!!!
Posted By: Dotyisle Usernames - revisited again - 02/07/06 12:22 AM
Bringing this thread out of retirement for any newbies to add their story... or just for anyone to reread the stories behind the names once again.

Tim
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: Usernames - revisited again - 04/10/08 08:01 PM
Bumping up this very old thread (original Cristina question for those who recall these questions)... it is very interesting to read through some of the Login Names and how they were choosen.

Add your story if you wish, or if up late one night and can not sleep, read and fall asleep

Tim
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Usernames - revisited again - 04/10/08 10:16 PM
My real name is Clark Kent, a super name, but, i am fairly incompetent and a clot, thus an old english term came to mind 'Silly Billy' meaning an idiot, bozo (a nice one) or as the english might say, a Pratt.............thus a derivation of 'Silly'=Inept, 'Billy' = Will,

thus, the idiotic ineptwill
Posted By: cherkibbs Re: Usernames - revisited again - 04/10/08 10:36 PM
Cherkibbs
Cher comes from my first name Cheryl
Kibbs comes from my beloved cat named Kibbles that disappeared on Nov 30, 1998 and think he may have been killed by raccoons bec I've seen raccoons in the yard that week.

so hence CHERKIBBS! Cute, eh? LOL
My cat that I have now, his name is Jordan.
Posted By: Sue22 Re: Usernames - revisited again - 04/10/08 11:18 PM
again,

i'm not very original, sue is short for my first name and i put in 22 as i thought there'd be lots of sues, susans, etc, but i think i'm about the only one. so even the number doesn't mean much besides its an easy number to remember.

i'm so original and creative, i've had pets with names such as Green Bird, Blue Bird, Gray Cat. When we got our current parrot, my husband and i tried to be really creative, but the only name we could agree on was Mookie.

so there's no hope for me.

sue
Posted By: JamesB Re: User names revisited - 04/10/08 11:44 PM
Hi,
My username is based on my real name.... First name + last initial. I did that purposely so I wouldn't be too hard to find by old friends. (It's also easier for me to remember lol) Also, my former username was zjamesb, and I put the z there so I can sort my name alphabetically back when I used to post in newsgroups. Either way I've kept the JamesB/zjamesb for about 9 years now. I used to use zjamesb here too, but I asked to change it because I was mistaken for someone else.
Take care.
James.
Posted By: Michelle70605 Re: User names revisited - 04/11/08 12:01 AM
Michelle70605....name, rank & serial number.
Posted By: Kiwi Re: Usernames - revisited again - 04/11/08 12:55 AM
Quote:

When we got our current parrot, my husband and i tried to be really creative, but the only name we could agree on was Mookie.

Hi Sue,

My cat's name is Mookie (rhymes with Cookie). Is that how you pronounce your parrot's name or do you say it like Moo-key?

Just curious. I get annoyed when I go to the vet or the cattery as they always call her Moo-key instead of Mookie. Argggghhhh!

Chelsea
Posted By: VikingFarrier Re: User names revisited - 04/11/08 01:03 AM
VikingFarrier: My dad is a Swede, I shoe horses for a living. :-)

It just kinda came to me off the top of my head when I was asked for a username.

The irony is that I'm 5'8, a buck thirty-five so you would expect a big, strapping, redheaded Swede to step out of the truck but, instead, you get little 'ole me.

Brad Erickson
Posted By: Sue22 Re: Usernames - revisited again - 04/11/08 01:09 AM
hi chelsea,

its Moo-Key. i think we came up with that when i was really into college basketball and there was a player that i really liked with that name.

and we wanted to choose something he might be able to say.
but he doesn't talk hardly at all. an african grey that doesn't talk,
go figure. but he does a mean microwave. and he laughs, just like us, almost on cue, its really comical

sue
Posted By: Michelle70605 Re: User names revisited - 04/11/08 01:10 AM
Too funny Brad...but I noticed the name when you first started posting...just wanted to tell you I like it...I like it alot!
Posted By: Inanna Re: Usernames - revisited again - 04/11/08 01:25 PM
Alan, that is very cool! I had never heard the term 'silly Billy' before I directed "The Kingfisher" this winter. One of the characters tells another to "stop being such a silly Billy".

Why am I not surprised you would have word play as part of your user name.

Warm hugs,
Posted By: Inanna Re: Usernames - revisited again - 04/11/08 01:32 PM
Sue, I've never heard of an African Grey that doesn't talk. That is to whacky.

Read an article in Discover about African Greys a few years ago that focussed on the fact that the researchers were actually teaching the Greys to talk, not just mimic, but teaching the meanings of the words. The oldest one actually made sentences. He would help train the younger one. One day the younger one was fooling around and making mistakes and the older one looked at him and said something like, "Get it right, will you." And he used to tell the researchers not to do anything he wouldn't do, and to have a nice evening. It was truly fascinating.

And now I hear about one that won't talk. Takes all kinds, I guess.

Many hugs,
Posted By: mellie Re: User names revisited - 04/11/08 01:50 PM
Mine is Melliemoo
My first name is Mellie and because of this disease I've become quite a cow, so hence the name Melliemoo.
In england when you are being moody, bitchy or just plain hard to get on with they call you an ole cow. except I ain't old ha hah
Posted By: sarahmd Re: User names revisited - 04/11/08 01:55 PM
sarahmd
sarah = my first name
md = my state

I'm too lazy to be creative sometimes! I have so many login names, i can barely keep track of them! So I had to do something easy!
Posted By: angiem Re: User names revisited - 04/11/08 02:46 PM
I am with you Sarah, I have a couple different logins including work stuff so I need to just keep it simple so I can remember it. First name and inital of last name.. How original....

Angie
Posted By: 30yrvet Re: User names revisited - 04/11/08 03:39 PM
Original??? nope. When asked for a user name, I'd been fighting AS for well over 30 years now. (Didn't do the actual math until after I wrote the username.) Therefore, I am a 30 year vetran of AS battles. I guess I should have made my username so it changed with my age. (No, I'm not 30 years old, I only wish I was.)
Posted By: Karen_the_Mouse Re: User names revisited - 04/11/08 07:16 PM
When I was in high school, I worked as a waitress, serving people who ate in their cars-the old curb service.

I was tiny at the time, barely 5" tall and weighed about 90 pounds, scurrying out there in the parking lot, so the cooks nicknamed me Mouse.

When I registered at kickas, I didn't really think I'd be staying around long; I just wanted a few questions answered. Because of that, I didn't bother to give my user name much thought.

Anyway, the name Mouse brings back mostly fond memories of my days as a curbie.

Karen
Posted By: ansram Re: User names revisited - 04/12/08 06:03 AM
a - Anantakrishnapuram, the native village of my ancestors for generations.
n - Narayanachari, my great grandfather( dad of my grandpa through father's side)
s - Srinivasaraghavan, my dearest grandpa( dad of my dad)
ram - my name

Thus the username ansram. When signing up for a hotmail( and yahoo) id several years ago, I could not get any name of my choice and had to find a name using some parameters unique to me and I had to comeup with the above strategy.
Posted By: Litlesiss Re: User names revisited - 04/12/08 08:08 PM
Mine is pretty simple to figure out...
Youngest of 7 kids and have always been called little sis or little sister since I can remember. I was little sis to all my siblings friends too.
Seemed like Lisa was a name that only came up when one of them was mad at me and that wasn't often, because I was such a sweet kid!!
I have used the name for everything, even on my license plate.
Thanks for bringing this question up again...great to see why people are who they are.

Hugs,
Lisa
Posted By: Ball_of_Sunshine Re: Usernames - revisited again - 04/13/08 04:24 AM
No real story behind my name. I just thought ball of sunshine sounded joyful. Especially being that I just joined and it's winter here and I haven't seen the sun in FOREVER!! Guess I was getting a little depressed and anxious to see the sun again!!
Posted By: Taos Re: Usernames - revisited again - 04/15/08 03:10 PM
Taos - a small town in northern NM. I used to ski there back in the day

My internet name is taoshummm - which is a whole nuther story as to why I chose that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taos_Hum

Brian
Posted By: barngoddess84 Re: Usernames - revisited again - 02/27/11 09:45 PM
Not sure why this suddenly appeared on my Popular Posts page when the last post was three years ago . . . but anyway . . . don't think i ever answered! I could be wrong. But oh well!
BarnGoddess84 is simple - I'm a pagan cowgirl born in 1984. And, I ran a stable for 4 years, was the Barn Manager, was there 6 or 7 days a week, sunup to sometimes midnight, (I had a bedroom there, sometimes I stayed over) and I was just . . . the BarnGoddess. lol. i'm also BarnGoddess84 on eBay and pretty much everywhere I have a membership. I never have any competition for the name!

And BTW, I've heard the Taos Hum. grin
Posted By: rumble Re: Usernames - revisited again - 02/28/11 04:17 AM
One of my cats. cat The other one is jealous, too. No one is ever happy. laugh2

This was interesting to read, as I'd wondered about some of the names people chose. grin
Posted By: BritishJohn Re: User names revisited - 06/23/11 11:34 PM
My name is made up of letters from my first and last name... My First name John so took the J, my surname Sunderland so took sun the year I was born 69 and put the letter A in so it made sense jasun69. Used for many years in email addresses and other things.
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: User names revisited - 06/24/11 02:25 AM
I always love seeing this thread pop up from time to time and rereading some of the old posts and remembering all the good people that have passed on through Kickas that do not post so often anymore.

Thanks for bumping this thread.... hard to believe it is 8 years old.

Tim
Posted By: aussiegirl Re: User names revisited - 06/24/11 11:08 AM
I love reading all these.
Mine is pretty basic.
Before going down hill in a big way, I considered myself the typical aussiegirl. Bronzed beach girl who liked her sports and liked her drink.
Now I still like sports even though I can't play them, still like my drink even though I can't have too much and istead of a bronzed beach girl I am more of a bronzed beach BALL.

But one thing I will never loose is the Aussie fighting spirit, at least not while I have all of you here to support me.

Trish
xxx
Posted By: matigine Re: User names revisited - 07/26/11 05:50 PM
Mine is very simple ... My name is Matilde Giné, everyone calls me Mati, matigine is my nickname.
Greetings to all
Posted By: SJLC Re: User names revisited - 07/27/11 05:14 AM
I'm a Stiff-Jointed Linux Coder (now where's my Tux penguin smiley...)
Posted By: mig Re: User names revisited - 07/27/11 05:35 AM
<(")

smile
Posted By: SJLC Re: User names revisited - 07/27/11 07:03 AM
Originally Posted By: mig
<(")

Very nice Mig!
Posted By: smalls Re: User names revisited - 08/09/11 03:58 AM
smalls is from the sandlot your killin me smalls your killin me
Posted By: NewNormalCharity Re: User names revisited - 08/09/11 01:03 PM
A couple of years ago my life collapsed and i had a bit of a mental breakdown, and i asked when it would go back to Normal. my friend who was involved in helping me recover told me i had to find a New Normal.
and My given name is Charity.. So NewNormalCharity.

I gave a friend of mine the nick name New Normal when her life flipped and we helped her to overcome it and find her new normal.
Posted By: lillmiss222 Re: User names revisited - 10/31/11 06:32 AM
Well Hello Cristina! My name is Christina smile and as most here said every version of that was taken lol prob cuz Cristina's Christina's or Kristina's rock smile
so I went with my yahoo email address lillmiss, bcus I am short, and shrinking lol and 222 is my husb birthday.
Fun thread good to see how everyone chose their names. I love some of the cool screen names on here, gotta go get me a pic for mine now too.
Have a beautiful day everyone
Posted By: Doubleyolk Re: User names revisited - 10/31/11 05:02 PM
My screen name is due to having identical twin daughters. My name is Joe and I've used this screen name for years on various forums and some people thought I used it because I was a chicken farmer. New to the forum and I'm finding many interesting articles and information I wasn't aware of. I've suffered with AS for 43 years and it's sad to say I'm just researching it now. Great site!
Posted By: Kancie Re: User names revisited - 12/13/11 05:11 PM
I chose my username because of my iritis. It affects both eyes, the left more often than the right. When I put in my drops I can't see straight. So my name is Kancie Straight. smile
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: User names revisited - 12/14/11 03:31 PM
That is pretty original.

Always love this thread.

Tim
Posted By: elmerfudd Re: User names revisited - 02/02/12 10:19 AM
Hello,
My name is Ron, and I am addicted to kicking AS......
My first sign up name was " my little demon " but that was taken, made me think of the person who has it on here, made me feel sad actually that someone feels that way.
Nobody wants to be Elmer Fudd, old fart with a shotgun chasing a poor little bunny wabiit around for 48 years.
So thats how I became " The Fudd "
Dont laugh, this could happen to you someday!
Posted By: Pea Re: User names revisited - 08/14/12 04:17 AM
I love your moniker Elmer! I think it is fun. I got Pea from my name being Pamela which starts with a P, henceforth Pea. I am in bed a lot due to A.S. so it is my pod!
Posted By: elspethask Re: User names revisited - 08/26/12 04:11 PM
My first name is Elspeth,and I am always asking Questions,put them together,simple.
Posted By: MollyC1i Re: User names revisited - 08/26/12 04:51 PM
Mine: MollyC1i. My own first name so sooooo *V long, nobody can pronounce nor spell it, are continually wrapping round left ears, so, shortened it to my mother's nick name, Molly for Margaret, which is my second name). C = surname, 1i = one eye, as one eye is not very good due to the glaucoma...so, MollyC1i.

What a fun thread - which I have only just picked up...
Posted By: jpinperth Re: User names revisited - 08/26/12 07:01 PM
Mine is really simple, so I can remember it. Mine in my initials and I live in Perth Ontario, Canada, So jpinperth.

Hugs,

Janet
Posted By: gilth Re: User names revisited - 08/26/12 07:16 PM
Mine is an old gamertag. (I love online games)

gilth is derived from Gilthoniel,
wich is from "a Elbereth Gilthoniel"
from an elven verse in the Lord of The Rings by Tolkien.
Yep, I love fantasy books.
Posted By: SJLC Re: User names revisited - 08/26/12 09:27 PM
That's cool Gilth! I refrained from using my game nick thinking it might not be taken seriously, but yours works quite well... what online games do you play?
Posted By: Underhill Re: User names revisited - 08/26/12 10:33 PM
Originally Posted By: gilth
Mine is an old gamertag. (I love online games)

gilth is derived from Gilthoniel,
wich is from "a Elbereth Gilthoniel"
from an elven verse in the Lord of The Rings by Tolkien.
Yep, I love fantasy books.

Nice gilth
Mine is from Lord of the Rings as well.
Underhill is from the first movie,when Froto and the gang went to the Inn.He was asked his name and he gave Underhill as an alias.
Posted By: SJLC Re: User names revisited - 08/26/12 11:49 PM
I bet a lot of people recognized yours, it's just such a hobbit-y name
Posted By: manatee Re: User names revisited - 08/27/12 01:27 AM
This is a fun post. Always wondered where some of these names came from.
Mine, Manatee, is simple. My very favorite mammal. They are such a gentle, loving creature. I had the once of a lifetime chance to swim out in the wild with them, what an experience. I can still feel the wiskers of one gentle giant as he kissed all over my face. I grew up in south Florida and always admired them and their family devotion. When ever 2 manatees come together, they always embrace.

Cindy
Posted By: Nonnie Re: User names revisited - 05/16/13 10:42 PM
Great post, I'll be coming back to read all the replys...Dinner is almost here!

Mine isn't too hard either. Nonnie has been my nickname since I was a baby. My brother couldn't say Wanda. When he tried, it came out as "Nonnie".
Posted By: Possi Re: User names revisited - 05/17/13 02:43 PM
I am like Nonnie. My little brother couldn't say Joycie which my parents called me. He is the only one that still calls me that except occasionally my youngest sister.

I love when I hear him now at 60+ years old still call me his baby name for me. :o)

I have read these before and I love them. Scanning through them today really made me miss people who haven't been here in a long time.

Possi
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: User names revisited - 05/17/13 07:55 PM
Yep... love this thread to remember some of the great folks that used to post here and still drop in on occasion.

Tim
Posted By: naj Re: User names revisited - 05/18/13 03:37 PM
"Jan" was taken so I spelled it backwards: "naj"! I wish I'd taken some time to create something more interesting, but I was in a rush to register!
Posted By: Pezami Re: User names revisited - 05/18/13 04:58 PM
Pezami comes from my (recently deceased) 18 year old cat named PEZ. Pez ami with ami meaning friend smile and also for those who only speak English Pez am I.
Posted By: elspethask Re: User names revisited - 01/11/14 04:30 PM
Elspeth is my first name,and I am always asking Questions.
Posted By: Oldtimer Re: User names revisited - 01/11/14 08:23 PM
This thread is so old some of us have posted multiple times, I think I have two or three, and if I didn't miscount I found you four times.
J.R.
Posted By: ladybuggie Re: User names revisited - 01/15/14 04:30 PM
Elspeth!!
How I've missed you my wonderful friend!! How are you?!! It's ladybuggie!! Try to pop in here every once in awhile! Hope life is treating you well! You can find me on Facebook as well!!
Posted By: ndgo Re: User names revisited - 04/10/14 06:11 PM
ngo is short for indigo, which some say is the color of my aura. or maybe i just like the color.
Posted By: Smiletoday Re: User names revisited - 04/11/14 05:02 AM
I wanted my username to remind me to smile and be thankful. But mine is kind of self explanatory anyway haha.
Posted By: KellyAnn Re: User names revisited - 09/23/14 02:12 AM
Hi I just came as myself and since I signed up several years ago {I manage a flurry of posts about every 3 years) KellyAnn was available which means that Kelly was prob already taken. Now I go by KellyAPritchard on almost all things web. Twitter, Facebook, letters, yep I been here forever it seems but I don't know any of you and none of you know me yet. I will be around more now though as I'm retired and 65 years old and a beach bum. I like to think of going to the beach, but I sit here on my bum. I live by the sea. Like really close. So nice to meet ya all. Say Hi I need friends. I know do any of you have close family members or friends who have MS? I heard there may have been a connection between the two but they didn't know what. My best friend had MS and died from it 4 years ago. It got her bad. She thought my AS was just me wanting to emulate her MS n have people wait on me. Still waiting on myself.
Posted By: Tnate Re: User names revisited - 09/23/14 07:06 AM
I usually use Timinator but did something out of character and chose Tnate.

Even though I now regret it, maybe it was the right thing to do.
Posted By: everydaybattle Re: User names revisited - 09/23/14 08:57 PM
Leonard Trask became a 19th century curiosity after suffering for years with what was later diagnosed as ankylosing spondylitis.

Through a series of accidents, his AS deformation appears to have warranted enough attention that he even went on to publish his story.
Posted By: Cara Re: User names revisited - 05/16/15 11:27 PM
Just dropping by to say hello. Hello!
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: User names revisited - 05/17/15 04:20 AM
Hello Cara

long time since I have seen you post. Hope all is well and AS is behaving.

Are you still in Michigan?

Best

Tim
Posted By: NayaBlu Re: User names revisited - 03/21/16 02:38 PM
It must be so difficult to be a firefighter with AS. My heart goes out to you. My husband is in the fire services here in Canada.
Posted By: Young_Steve Re: User names revisited - 08/21/17 09:18 PM
Well... My Dad was known here as "OldGeorge".

Just made sense, but I don't feel very "young" anymore!
Posted By: DragonSlayer Re: User names revisited - 08/22/17 06:24 PM
WELCOME, Young_Steve:

We loved Your dad; he was a great man and wonderful friend to us here at KickAS. Certainly You already have much respect and good will!

HEALTH,
John