Kickas.org
Posted By: drizzit 16 new drugs in pipeline - 03/31/12 05:20 AM
one looks really good

"lobalData’s analysis suggests that the ankylosing spondylitis therapeutics pipeline is strong. It consists of 16 molecules in different phases of development. There are approximately six first-in-class molecules; one molecule in Phase III, four in Phase II and one in preclinical stage of development. AIN457 (secukinumab), currently in Phase III, has the potential to compete with the currently marketed drugs.

This drug has shown a better efficacy and safety profile than the currently marketed drugs. Drugs in the pipeline have shown encouraging response rates in pretreated patients and have great potential in ankylosing spondylitis therapeutics market. These molecules are expected to meet some of the unmet needs of the market. They may also lead to an intensely competitive market. In summary, the global ankylosing spondylitis therapeutics market is becoming a highly competitive landscape."

Source:
http://www.prlog.org/11771204-ankylosing...ts-to-2019.html
Posted By: Pea Re: 16 new drugs in pipeline - 03/31/12 08:21 AM
"This indicates that the market is in need of drugs that can cure the disease rather than providing symptomatic relief."

Loved that part! Great new's that research is being done. It sure helps us to remain hopeful. Thank's Drizzit.
Posted By: MollyC1i Re: 16 new drugs in pipeline - 03/31/12 08:38 AM
Very interesting Drizz - well spotted, and an interesting concept to run, analysing market forces. See wehat gives in the months to run - but looks like the biologics 'might' come down in price? Hmmmm.
Posted By: Farinelli Re: 16 new drugs in pipeline - 04/01/12 02:06 AM
Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile
Posted By: Farinelli Re: 16 new drugs in pipeline - 04/01/12 02:14 AM
What is a first-in-class molecule?

Craig
Posted By: drizzit Re: 16 new drugs in pipeline - 04/01/12 02:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Farinelli
What is a first-in-class molecule?

Craig

A first in class molecule would be like an IL 17 drug and no other IL 17 drugs are currently on the market.

For example remicade, Humira, and Simponi are all TNF drugs but remicade was a first in class molecule since it was the first TNF on the market.

At least that is how I understand it
Posted By: Farinelli Re: 16 new drugs in pipeline - 04/02/12 03:10 AM
gotcha!

thanks!
Posted By: alexandresk Re: 16 new drugs in pipeline - 04/02/12 03:40 AM
great news!! i actually have search for new drugs pipelines, but haven't found new class drugs.

new class of drugs can really bring more effective drugs. effective i say in less inflammation with less side effects
Posted By: goztepe2002 Re: 16 new drugs in pipeline - 04/02/12 05:29 PM
I've just had my Rhumy app last week and Dr Reveille said that IL17 was a total bust. IL23 looked promising but it was in phase 1 and mostly owned by Europen drug companies.

I hope he was just wrong. I am ready to swallow something more effective than naproxen
Posted By: finnari Re: 16 new drugs in pipeline - 04/03/12 06:08 PM
Good news and I hope I never need to take the drugs but enbrel was great for me for a while.
© Kickas.org