Kickas.org
Posted By: Cristina Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/15/12 05:40 PM
Hello AS Kickers! How are my friends doing? I havnt been here in years but so many of you are always in my heart and mind! So where is Dakotadan? What is new with you guys? Life is good. AS sucks!

xoxo,
Cristina in California

Posted By: Oldtimer Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/15/12 06:24 PM
Hi Cristina, glad to hear you are doing well, there are some of us old ones still around, a lot of new members also. Pete has been gone from here for several yrs. now.
J.R.
Posted By: DragonSlayer Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/15/12 06:29 PM
Hey, Cristina:

Long time no hear!

Well, Dakotadan is a real mystery...sort of out of the picture--tired of the whole thing as I have been.

But last year broke my leg in Philippines and it had to be reset here as first try did not take, so now I have a big long hollow nail down my rt tibia that is painful when I exercise. So kept me in front of computer aside from that osteotomy, also (20 hour surgery). Oh, the misadventures of AS!

We are slowly moving to Reno, as that is a better tax situation for us, but who knows right now--next year arrives and we could be in Philippines on a permanent basis!

Oh, well You don't need to remind US about AS!! But life is good, that is always true; it is what we make of it and I feel very blessed indeed!

Hope You are playing hard and staying away from the AS monster!

HEALTH,
John
Posted By: Cristina Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/15/12 07:01 PM
Hey J.R.! So good to see the Oldtimer. I hope you are doing well. I can't believe all of the new people here. That is such a good thing as everyone with AS needs to come here and get the support. It helped me so much when we all started out on Brian's board back in the late 90's. You take care and I am going to try and poke my head in more often.

Hugs,
Cristina
Posted By: mig Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/15/12 07:24 PM
Hi Cristina - how very nice to see a post from you! smile

If anyone was able to draw Pete out, I'm sure it would be you! I'm afraid it's been quite some time now since I've noticed him even peek in.

Glad to hear that life is good, despite AS!

Cheers!
mig
Posted By: Cristina Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/15/12 08:01 PM
John! I miss you so much. I figured you might reply as you have been so instrumental to helping so many people KickAS for decades now.

So sorry to hear about Pete being out of the picture. I guess a lot of us just get tired of talking about our AS after awhile and need a break from thinking about it.

I am so sorry to hear about your leg break! I couldn't believe what you had to go through after your back broke yrs ago. You are such a strong person no matter what gets thrown your way. Remember when you had just had surgery on your back and insisted on walking all that way to the Bellagio as we all wanted to see the water show? I was dying from the long walk and my AS was nothing like yours and you just pushed on and we all made it there together? No matter how much AS has ravaged you, your positive attitude and desire to help others never fails to amaze me.

My hubby and I moved near Redlands two yrs ago. This desert heat kills me but I go back home to the beach area every two months or so to see my rheumy. I need to get a new doctor out here. Just had a thought...maybe I will join you two in the Philippines some day! I hope "A" is doing well also. Tell her I said hello and ask her if she is up for a trip to Lost Wages! The heat can't be any worse there than it is at home, right? Ugh!

Maybe we can drag all of our painful behinds to Vegas again and you can meet my husband. Or maybe just meet at Gladstones again. He has MS so he understands what we all go through. His body pain is similar to us but his head pain can be off the charts!

Well, it is so good to hear from you John. Let's keep on KickingAS together!

Hugs,
Cristina
Posted By: Cristina Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/15/12 08:19 PM
Mig! So awesome to see you! I saw the pictures you posted in the forum for pics of AS and you look as beautiful as ever.

I have so much more to say but I've been on here too much for one day. My wrists are killing me! Maybe you can draw me some new ones...hehehehe. Heck, draw me a new spine, hips, knees, and feet while you are at it!

I hope you and your hubby are doing well. I am still determined to someday make it to Canada and meet all of our Canadian friends. I've ,missed you Mig and all your wise advice and your big heart. I shall sign off KickAS now. See you in the women's forum!

Hugs,
Cristina
Posted By: mig Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/15/12 08:34 PM
Oh my goodness, you are as generous and as sweet as ever, Cristina! And wow, what an amazing memory you have!

Sorry your wrists are acting up! See you in the WF when you're back on!

Hugs!!
mig
Posted By: fyrfytr187 Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/16/12 11:06 AM
Hey Cristina!!
There's a few of us originals left hangin' around. How's things with you? Keep in touch!
Posted By: Orch Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/16/12 03:26 PM
Cristina your back!!!
When Pete had been missing for awhile I called him to make sure he was OK. He said he was doing well, and now busy with other things.

I hope you and your husband are doing great. The AS for me has not been bad at all. The MS isn't to bad, but I do get dizzy at times. I can still run. I have been waiting for another Vegas party.
Posted By: DragonSlayer Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/16/12 03:55 PM
Hey, Cristina:

Annie was just saying how much she missed the old VagueAS get-togethers.

We have left Anza and now live in San Diego, but I know Redlands well, as I had some friends there long ago. If You get down our direction, give us a shout; we would love to see You and meet Your husband. Gladstones is a stretch, but we could arrange a So Cal meeting somewhere convenient to everyone interested I suppose.

Hope to hear from You soon (as I have pestered Professor Ebringer about MS recently, also),
HEALTH,
John
Posted By: tomloops Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/17/12 12:48 AM
Hi Cristina: I am glad to hear you are well. Wishing you continued well being. Drop in more often...Tom
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/17/12 01:47 AM
Hey Cristina,

Good to see you checking in... last night I was actually scanning old pictures in and came across the Vegas Kickas party pictures.... DakotaDan, DeanPaul, Dragonslayer, Betty, Sinta, Michelle(from Maryland), yourself and me to name a few.

Not sure last time you checked in... but I have been living in Argentina over 5 years now.

Best to you and hope AS stays in its place.

Tim
Posted By: Cristina Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/17/12 06:04 PM
Chris and Steve,

Hello my dear friends! I have missed talking to you both so much. I have had so much going on it the last 4 yrs. that it would take me forever to tell you. I do believe I' ve spoken to you both within the last 2 yrs or so though.

Chris, I hope you got the approval. I did. Yay! I need to go on FB and see what you are up to. We really need to catch up!

Steve, how is my favorite runner? You amaze me with your marathons. I'd like to be able to run around the block! My arthritis in my hips, knees and feet keep me from doing anything like that. How are you and Kandis doing? How old are the kids now? Sorry we haven't been able to get together. Jim still can't tolerate anything but high dose steroids, which he hates, but he is hanging in there.

I look forward to talking to you both. I really miss you guys!

Hugs to you both,
Cristina
Posted By: Smed Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/17/12 07:13 PM
Hi Cristina good to see you are still among the living. Have a great day.
Posted By: stevec Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/18/12 02:21 PM
Hello Ms. Crisitna,

I don't know how I missed this except that life has been hectic as could be for about a month. I look at things and don't see half of what I'm looking at it seems.

Brought a huge smile to my face to see you post. I love this place now and always, but my first days here when there seemed to be only a handful of folks were special. Not too many of them folks posting any more, great to see when someone does.

I hope there is enough figurative sunshine in your world. Not much of Pete here for the last two years. I hope the same for him.
Posted By: Sassy Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/18/12 02:47 PM
Well, well, well....Look who showed her beautiful face. I check your facebook every now and again, but you seemed to disappear when you became a grandma. It is wonderful to see you! Take care of yourself and I hope to see more of you. smile
Posted By: Deanpaul Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/20/12 11:29 PM
I'll come out for some x's and o's. Muah!

And now back to the shadows...
Posted By: Inanna Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/21/12 11:22 AM
Cristina, it`s really good to see you! And it`s good to know you are well. You have been missed!

Warm hugs,
Posted By: snowshoe Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/22/12 01:43 AM
Hi Cristina, hope you're well. Nice that you joined us telephonically at some KA ski parties.
Big mystery though--who's that imposter stranger who took over Deanpaul's profile???
Posted By: Timo Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/22/12 03:00 PM
Hi Cristina! Excellent to see you are doing well. Yes, a lot of new people here and we're just plugging away. Imagine so long ago when we were only about 40 people and only 3 of us could spell AS and now we'll be nearing 10,000 people within a year? How's Teresa doing, still keep in touch? Remember that blender she toted around with her for margaritas? smile
Take care!
Posted By: Deanpaul Re: Hi guys...long time no see! - 08/22/12 05:33 PM
Originally Posted By: snowshoe
Hi Cristina, hope you're well. Nice that you joined us telephonically at some KA ski parties.
Big mystery though--who's that imposter stranger who took over Deanpaul's profile???

Gangs all here! Minus Pete. frown

The beard was a souvenir I brought back from my month trip to Australia last winter. It was removed under protest about three weeks ago after Kris called me a "dirty hippy".

Dirty hippy? I looked more like a cross between homeless guy and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

Two pics of the beard that was, Mount Wilson / El Diente summit 12,246' in June and a canyon exploration in the San Rafael Swell in July:

© Kickas.org