Kickas.org
Posted By: Magician Let Us Know You Dropped In! - 07/15/22 05:46 AM
Hello! I am curious and really would like to know how many KickAS'ers still drop by our beautiful website? smile

I am completely mystified where have you all gone to? No one to chat with.

Just say 'Hi', 'I still pop by' or something along those lines.

Tell me are you chatting in another Ankylosing Spondylitis website? If so, which one?

Please come back here. Our KickAS website is 100% SECURE with TONS of AS posts to read and add your views to.

Help bring life back to KickAS!

- Magician -
aka Angie
Posted By: L33 Re: Let Us Know You Dropped In! - 07/26/22 10:54 PM
Hi I posted recently. I stop by once in a while when I find something useful I post it here first.😀

I don't like to use fb groups because many are hell bent on the use of biologics and the people there are not really open to alternatives but don't realize that a given biologic only works for a limited amount of time as the body realizes its poison and makes antibodies to it.

I also wonder myself where everyone's gone too....

This is the best site for AS on the planet in my opinion.
I have learned tons here in the past.

All the best, tc

Lee
Posted By: Alex_j01 Re: Let Us Know You Dropped In! - 07/29/22 12:23 PM
Hi Angie
I have been here for about 7 months reading and learning from old posts. I am also in the spondylitis.org forum and posted there because is a little more active and the no starch group in Facebook were I think is most people are using this days.

About myself I can said that I was diagnosed in last December after 7 years of lost neck rom and neck pain. Sulfasalazine and indomethacin did nothing. Not notice too much improve with diet alone and I am now in enbrel and strict no starch diet and also low carb diet for about 6 months. I have improvements in pain and a little improve in neck rom, I also improved the quality of sleep but I am still having problems with brain fog, tiredness and lack of concentration. Actually my main problem switched from lost neck rom and neck pain(still have it) to some kind of anxiety. My diet is basically sardines, salmon, chicken, meat, blueberries, strawberries, kale, lettuce, avocado, walnuts, EVOO, avocado oil and in the last month orange, watermelon, pistachios trying to get some variety. It is hard for me to identify which foods are good and which ones are bad because I don’t have stomach problems or other quick reaction that other mentioned. After six months of restrictions I would like to start having at least more carbs to see if I improve the brain fog but at the same time I am afraid to be in pain again. Let’s see how it goes.
Thanks for trying to keep the forum alive
Alex
Posted By: Magician Re: Let Us Know You Dropped In! - 07/30/22 04:51 AM
Thank you, Lee. I had heard FB groups have gradually changed and ironically have become even LESS user-friendly.

You know I think it is terrific you are adding new topics for discussion on KickAS! It is always a good thing to keep fresh information on the website.

Really appreciate your very kind thoughts! I agree with every one of them because KickAS IS the BEST site for AS.
- Magician (Angie) -
Posted By: Magician Re: Let Us Know You Dropped In! - 07/30/22 05:23 AM
Hello Alex!

I have been noticing you on KickAS over the past few months. And then I wondered what information you were searching for and whether you successfully found it. lol

I will be back on tomorrow to continue with my reply to you. 12:22 in the morning here and my eyes are getting tired.

I am back on. Been keeping wicked sleep hours. lol

I certainly understand the brain fog, horrid critter.

Regarding being unable to tell which foods are good, I have read a few posts on here mentioning the use of Iodine to tell if food contains carbs.

I found a very interesting Youtube video on how to use Iodine to tell if your foods contain Carbohydrates:
Carbohydrates and Starch: Color Test [youtu.be]

Keep stopping by, Alex.
Posted By: Alex_j01 Re: Let Us Know You Dropped In! - 08/11/22 05:13 PM
Hi Angie
Thanks for your reply.
I already use the iodine test to check starch in the foods. In the last 6 months since I started enbrel and diet I noticed improvements, I was not able to work at the computer for more than 20 minutes and now I am working part time(4hours) taking some break during the day. Still not sure how much I can continue to improve. I don’t want to have high expectations but at the same time I want to fight this disease with any resources possible. Will keep my progressions here

Thanks
Alex
Posted By: Inanna Re: Let Us Know You Dropped In! - 08/12/22 10:01 AM
Well, you know I pop in periodically. It's good to see a bit of activity!
© Kickas.org