Thanks for all the responses.. You guys have all been so helpful and great to me in the past and I appreciate it so much.

When I was planning my trip I wanted to spend a lot of time living, travelling and working in Spain, Portugal and Western Europe. However, it was the places that I did not expect I would visit or enjoy that turned out to be by favourite/best experiences. I met a New Zealand guy around my age in a hostel in Budapest (Hungary) and after spending some time with him, he asked me if I wanted to join him and a few of his friends to a couple of music festivals in Serbia and Montenegro. I decided to go with him to these festivals and had the time of my life. I never thought I would travel to Serbia, but it was one my favourite place that I went. After a few drinks during the evening, me and my Norwegian friend would go around the festival talking to the local Serbians. I was truly amazed at how friendly and inviting they were towards me. I think part of this reason was due to the fact no one in Novi Sad (Serbia) had actually met a person from New Zealand before which I found quite funny. We actually spent more time hanging out with people we met than being in the music festival! I plan to go back to Serbia one day and visit a lot of the people I met during this festival. I had the best time of my life in central/eastern Europe. There were far less tourists, the locals were more welcoming towards tourists such as myself, and it is obviously so much cheaper than Western Europe!

I'm trying to figure out how to post some pictures to share with you guys smile

Seb