Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Platinum_AS_Kicker
Platinum_AS_Kicker
Well I'm blind when it comes to reading x-rays so no help there but one positive thing is they didn't note any disc probs!? That means you can continue ski jumping. Regarding chronic inflamation, everything I've read says it's bad for you even if not feeling pain. Will talk more while riding the lifts!

This bunny Kicks AS !
P
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
P
I like the pix of your Xrays. I am not a dr. but I don't like the curve in the bottom of your spine. That you might want to keep a close eye on. My spine looks like an accordian and for me that causes most of my pain. Don't worry to much about the gas thing unless a problem arises. Then get it checked quick. Don't be a typical type-A like the rest of us.

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Hey DeanPaul, it's so good to see you!

Your disease progression has been very similar to my own in many ways. Left SI, left eye, squaring in the thoracic area, some activity in lumbar. The only place they haven't seen evidence of arthritis is in my neck, which I don't understand because I've had pain there for years. Also, like you, my ESR and CRP don't elevate much.

The main difference is that I do have pain, but I keep going through it. Like you, I suspect. Even Remicade hasn't resolved the pain, but I suspect it cannot take away pain from damage aready done. And the lumbar changes began after I started on Remicade, so the idea that fusing and inflammation are not necessarily related could have some merit. I had never heard that before, so I'll be interested to learn more.

Hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Diamond_AS_Kicker
Diamond_AS_Kicker
Quote:

Trudi,

Your post was awesome! Never worry with me, if we cannot have fun with the peculiarity of our condition we're giving it a reverence it does not deserve. I'm glad you posted.

My wife disagrees with the report - she feels my bowel gas is anything but unremarkable!

The only thing I was sensitive about in the x-ray report was the listed "indication" in the chart. They wrote "joint pain, ankylosing spondylitis". I actually edited that out of all but one of the posted x-rays. I did not complain of joint pain. My ego, my pride, and my inner-tough-guy are mad as hell that "joint pain" appeared on my chart. I feel like I've beat that part of AS (at least for now) and while I understand the doc needed a reason to order exams, I would have preferred if they had written something else. Anything else. Something like "patient's wife feels his bowel gas is remarkable" would have be preferable.

I've done the AS pain dance in the past pretty well. Maybe I've done something right with the NSD or maybe I'm in a happy phase of the disease. I don't know. All I can do is keep on keepin' on. For the first time in 8 years I'm talking with an actual rheumatologist. I'm in uncharted waters for me.

oh pfwhew!! I was having too much 'giddy' fun on your account that evening.. high pain made me have an extra glass which put me over the top.... I'm thankful you were not offended!

I also have that foot pain where it feels like a horse stepped on your foot. I thought my pain was from having cows & goats & sheep step on my feet alot as a child.. then I was considering that it was from my 5 kids always stepping on my feet in clumsiness... sigh.. but it is most likely part of the spondy monster in my feet.

~ Trudi: homeschooling mom to 6: 16,14,11,9,7, 6 mos

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 55 guests, and 338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,367,635 hmmm
1,323,210 OMG!!!!
711,801 PARTY TIME!