Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#407588 08/12/10 04:08 AM
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Hello friends...
I wanted to ask about fevers as I know its common with alot of AS folks. When I first got sick I would get flushed. More along the lines of a low grade fever before flareups. no I got used to it. Then following low starch pretty much tapered it off alot.

Still get low grade fevers on bad flares but today was unusual. I was stiffer the last day and a half. Was fatigued this afternoon waiting for a late dinner with my father for his big "70" and took a quick nap.

Art got outta work early so I woke up less than an hour later super stiff. Ankle felt like someone was hammering an ice pick into it over and over. I KNOW that feeling from the ugly AS monster all too well. Several of my fingers were swollen. Wedding ring was stuck--so swollen. I was sweating profusely.Gianna had baked a cake but I felt as if the oven was IN my bedroom far away! I tucked and rolled out of bed. Art looked at my face and was shocked. I checked thermostat...working fine at 76! Nice and cold for everyone...cept bug.

My mom was with Gianna and they both asked if I was okay before I said a word. Eyes were puffed and I was beet red. Looked at my chest...v-neck tshirt and I had a HUGE red splotch. My mom thought I was getting sick. No allergies. No virus. Nothing. Bones hurt sooo bad. Had to pull myself together b/c my father called ready for dinner. My whole back was damp and had to take a shower. I was okay for a bit of seafood. But still pain.

Got home and the fever started back. Not low grade either. Cant find my dum thermomoter for the life of me! grr! eyesI was due to see rheumy today but my insurance cards just came in and art is just now catching up with bills with new job and I am trying to rustle all school uniforms. I had to re-schedule as I have a 200.00 balance I have to pay them this week too. frown Art got some lotion and helped get my ring off. Took the ring sizer I had put on b/c I lost weight when he bought if for Valentines day. I took another shower. I feel a bit better.

I dont feel like the flu, or headache, or allergies, sinuses. Didnt go to class. I was indoors. Drinking plenty of fluids too. Has anyone had this happen to them? You would think after 10+yrs full blown AS I would know it all and 25+yrs spondy I'd have it down pat...no dice. lol.

I just finished my 2nd medrol pack about a week and a half ago. Humidity has been fierce on my joints. We DID get some rain today but very little. Just so hot. I dont know if rheumy can get me in tomorrow. But I will try and check with him first then family doc if all else fails. Colitis is acting up..but just a bit. Not unbearable. But eating very well lately.

ANY input would be appreciated. Gonna go take another norco and soma. I HATE this disease. hmpf! there. got it out. sick1 eyes tongue3 luv buggy

Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
just some hugs bugs! hugss

i can't even figure out my own crazy symptoms, whoever said it was like a bag of parts had that right, once we get it figured out, it changes on us!

hope you're feeling better soon! yes

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Hugs to you....

Some of what you write makes me jump up and down and raise my hand saying 'me too'. I feel hot at times and sweaty and uncomfortable. Hands/fingers have been hurting and swollen (ring is tight). After putting up with it and thinking it was hormones (even after 2.5 yrs of menopause) and hot flashes, I had a urine test done at work and found some infection there. Went to primary care doc and got low dose antibiotics for 6 months (have been down this road before).

Thought I had the hot/fevery feeling whipped. Nope, still causing some issues. I think it's a flare. It's the only thing that makes sense. I'm trying to push water to get the swollen fingers back to normal size. The fact that it's hitting 105 every day this week doesn't help. At midnight now, it's 93. Sheesh.

Hope you feel better soon, buggie.

DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Psoriasis
Meds: MTX since Oct 2009, 15mg/week. Cimzia-restarted after 2 yrs away.
Epidural Steroid Injections x8; Lumbar Radiofreq Ablation x2
SIJ Steroid Injection x3; Bilateral Radiofreq Ablation SIJ x9
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
bug hugs welcome sue!
u r right. i cant never figure this out..even when i think i am settled in. i remembered your last post about the yoga..have to write u back on that one too..lol! i'm a high strung bug that is dragging. dont get me wrong...i drag every day..my kids will vouch. hahah! i am a limp dish rag till around noon, then pull my britches up and force myself through hot shower and am good hobbling about till around 4-5 then downhill city then no sleep and pain...and it repeats itself over and over. but my sternum and collarbone are on fire..so i think its a flare. i havent had costochondritis in about a year or so....grr...me thinks its back!
thanks for bug hugs...always welcome bug hugs....luv buggie heart

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
thanks rumble...
i am SO happy you responded with this. it was quite helpful. i have had the "me too! me too!" with hand waving in air over and over before! laugh2 i feel so fatigued. drained. not virus type pains. just my joints feeling so rigid that its tiring me out just mopping and sweeping. Gianna who could fill in for "Sid the sloth" from Ice Age any day since becoming a teen even knew I was hurting and helped even more with my fathers bday cake. she always makes them but she helped out with her room without death threats and warnings...ROFL. laugh2 smokin

i'm glad u mentioned the hot flashes too. i went to my ob last year and i had some times of waking up hot. but not like this. he thought maybe peri-menapause? but he took hormone level tests and i came back a-okay. he put me back on the pill and i was fine for awhile. but this felt different. i wasnt agitated like i get with the other hot feeling i get. lol. i was just so whipped. spook

i think you are right..the humidity over here is unreal. it changes constantly..the barometic pressure is unbelievable. i still have an indentation in my wedding ring finger from having it stuck on there. i LOVE my wedding ring. we went through rough times when we lost our home and hubby bought this as a special treat for valentines day so not wearing it gets me all mushy. ok..just a wee bit..tough bug. eyes but i have bony fingers. minimal swelling. rarely have problems. mostly stiffness and problems with dexterity. thats the biggest issue. but never wear u can see it. the knuckles look bad and last week i had a big red circle on the middle big knuckle below finger joints. they were warm too.

i'll add more water starting now. i do alot, but maybe with the heat i need more. i hate costochondritis!!
thanks for the info...i'll check with my ob just to make sure too. better to be safe than sorry!
thanks for listening ! i hope u feel better too!! keep me posted..luv buggie rainbow

Hi Bugs - bit of a 'Yes' from over here. Have had that flushed/flue feeling for years. Comes and goes, and notice particularly during batometer swings and humidity. Had a right bout of it yeaterday - face all red, sweaty, could hardly breathe...strewth! was in the Docs surgery, he didn't check my temp but did tale BP. Sigh. Mega high, again. And, spine, SIs in a right state plus eyes very bad. (Hot and feel swolle). Grrrrrr. Can't wait to get to England, where perhaps problems WILL be addressed!

So, yes. Flushed, feverish, sweaty - think barometer changes. COUld be a link for you as well as?

Hope you can sort soonest. Sorry about ring, that's a real bummer - wear on chain around neck. At least wearing that way. I can't wear rings, fingers swell, and get real stuck, Hopeless.

Go well buggy-buggles. Take care - hugss

Molly C (France)

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
I went to my rheumy just yesterday and issues I started having out of the blue: slightly elevated temperature, pain, night sweat, tired. At the beginning of this flare my fingers felt swollen for a while. The rheumy says I'm having a flare and gave me prednisone to take for a short time during times like this. I'm still getting to know the symptoms of this crazy AS.

Last edited by LATH; 08/12/10 01:19 PM.

John
Oh Buggy, I'm so sorry you feel so lousy. hugss

Sometimes it just seems endless, and I have a feeling this is one of those times for you. Wish I could make it stop, but I know that Art and the baby bugs are loving you and looking after you.

Love and hugs,

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

Royal_AS_kicker
Royal_AS_kicker
So sorry frown This is no good very bad thing to have a stupid fever! hugss

ANA+ RF+ Rh- HLAB27+
Dx JRA 1967, GAD 1997, AS 2009, HMs 2010, CPS 2013
pulmonary edema w/ NSAIDS 2009

Movin' it so I don't lose it!

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Thanks Molly! smile
I still dont feel quite right today. Feverish. Neck is warm and joints are super stiff. I'm assuming we have more rain nearby. Has to be. These bones dont lie! laugh2

I am going to give my doc a ring right now. They are out to lunch. I think I'll have get myself a gold box chain to put my ring in it. Spine is stiff but not as bad as my hands and feet and ankles. AS is an equal opportunity joint torturer to Buggy! eyes eyes They rotate around in shifts the pain in joints. Little bugs were good and let me sleep. I'm hoping this ends soon. I do NOT want another round of Medrol.

I dont have high BP, but my mom was worried maybe my BP was elevated when she saw me yesterday. Thing was I had just woken up but was lookin a mess!! pimp

I remember my grammie used to have trouble with her rings. She had rheuamatoid arthritis. Same fingers as mine. Bony, and the joint in the middle was the only part that would swell..so rings were a pain to get on and off. sick1

Take care Molly..always so good to hear from you! bug hug

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 60 guests, and 82 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,115 hmmm
1,323,530 OMG!!!!
712,041 PARTY TIME!