Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18
L
Lon Offline OP
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
L
snow-
I am seeing young antelope on spindly legs.

not a moose, but still fun!

I have seen a calf pulled out by a come along..plop on the floor and stand, then run / jump.

Thanks for making me think about the great out of doors.

Nice to hear from you! I did catch bass, crappie, catfish, walleye and pumpkin seed! Yep it was fun.

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
M
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
M
Lon my friend how are you. I have been way busy. Seems like the desire to live on the edge and go pro video it for everyone in the world to see is becoming epidemic. A lot of young people being injured and some dying. I spent a lot of time on the Mountain this year me my dogs and mules. I ended up catching five bear, two with cubs. I employed the CPR method this spring(catch,photograph,release). I had a lot of time to think, reflect and ponder just what is in store for me, where am I headed. I sat at 11,000 feet after letting a nice bear go one day and thought about what one of my deputies had said to me one day as I was getting ready to go out early the next morning. He asked me why do you go if you have to go alone.

What he does not know is I don't go alone. I used to live in the moment go hard and hit it the next day. I still go hard(not like I used to) I still spend a lot of time with my mules, my dogs and the desert and mountains. I tend to see things differently now. I think of people I consider my family I have never met. They are there, My Kickas family. You are definatly part of it. Ya I thought of you and your struggles as high clouds came by me with the potential of a lightning and storm. I wondered how you were doing if you made it out hunting, fishing? I hope so. I think you would have liked the view across the high desert south of the peak I was sitting on.
I believe you have a birthday tomorrow I hope it is a happy one for you. Sassy will pack you up the mountain anytime if you ever travel to southeast utah. Or we can take my ol boat and go fishing. Or we can just tour around in a car and look the country over and tell stories. Take care of yourself and may God bless you.
ETTE
Darrel

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Darrell, you are a blessing of a friend. I loved your post but kind of felt like I opened someone else's mail.

Your descriptions and words are wonderful. I love your pictures both those you post and those in my mind.

Hope you are having a great day.

Possi

[Linked Image]

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

"A FRIEND HEARS THE SONG IN YOUR HEART AND SINGS IT TO YOU WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE WORDS."

"A FRIEND LOOKS THROUGH YOUR BROKEN FENCE TO ADMIRE YOUR FLOWERS."

L
Lon Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Darrel,
I was right there with you in the mountains!!!
I still want to harvest a really big bear, shoot one more big bull elk, etc. But I am also content in what I have gotten to do! Lin has a childhood friend down in Arizona, so you never know...we might kindle a fire or just watch God's gift to us for a spell.
I did catch a lot of fish while visiting family.

I spoke at a men's retreat a while back. Saturday evening at the barbecue, guys were bringing huge trout to put on the grill, these guys are an example of what makes America great.

thanks for the BD wish.

How is your wife feeling?
Your brother,
Lon

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
L
Lon Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Possi,
How are you today?

Br'er Lon

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Hi Lon,

I continue to be amazed at how well I am doing. I still have nerve pain and incision pain but a lot of my long-time pain is gone. I am very thankful.

I get my staples out Friday and he will do X-rays to see if I am beginning to have bone healing. That is my biggest concern.
It took so long for my sternum to heal. Just doing a lot of praying about it so it will be ok. How are you and Lin doing?

We have our first "great" grandbaby on the way. His due date was yesterday. We are pretty pumped about this. They live here in our town too so we will get to be part of his life.

[Linked Image]

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

"A FRIEND HEARS THE SONG IN YOUR HEART AND SINGS IT TO YOU WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE WORDS."

Pea Offline
Captain_AS_Kicker
Captain_AS_Kicker
Great news! It sounds like you are progressing very well. I was all worried when they were taking out my staples but I didn't even feel it. They just took tweezers and gently lifted them out. I hope yours goes as well. Now I am wearing these surgical strips to help take the scarring down a bit.

I am starting to look like Bride of Frankenstein!!!

Pea
Diagnosed with A.S. 29 year's ago.
Diagnosed with Fibro 10 year's ago.
Remicade, Intrathecal Pain Pump 2013
C
New_Member
New_Member
C
@possi nice you are back, can you tell about your surgery

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Yes Coldbreeze (how wonderful your name sounds right now) :o)

I can tell. My redness in my lower leg is gone. My foot pain is gone. I still have pain but it is a different pain. This is one that you can tell will go away. I can stand up straight and when I walk I don't feel like my back is too weak to hold me up. I am sure the brace helps that feeling. I can walk further at 2 weeks out from surgery than I could for quite a while before.

I am so glad I decided to do it. It wasn't nearly as bad as what they had talked or as I had thought it would be. I am very thankful.

They decompressed all of the Lumbar area and the bone they took out they used to fuse L5-S1. I have plates and screws to hold it in place where the slippage was. The report said he did a laminectomy. When I talk to him tomorrow I will know more exactly what he did. I am sure he told me and I was too "under the influence" to remember.

Thank you and welcome to the forum.

:o)

[Linked Image]

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

L
Lon Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Friends,
I am now disabled....
I think it was the memory testing-

I still struggle with NSD - but I can get out of a flare by fasting and then apples only = lsd.

I drive part time for a half-way house for convicted felons. I often have to go in at a moments notice.. Usually I have to nap the next day for 2-3 hours.

I have been in pain for over 50 years. Unless you have AS, you may not know what a stinking backache it can be.

But I am a blessed man. So thankful for what I have been given the strength to do.
Do you wrestle with exhaustion -- would it not be nice to get a nap and feel refreshed?????

If I can help..holler. I do care and I love this place.

Lon
what is wrong with me? AS DISH MS CHF poly arthritis... but I can plant and pick my own garden, hold a baby and teach my granddaughter how to pick ripe tomatoes!@!

Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  Kiwi, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (604), 70 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,453 hmmm
1,323,706 OMG!!!!
712,191 PARTY TIME!