Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
never heard of 'Hebringsher' and Carol Sinclair, well how odd, she lives two doors away.................didn't know they were kickers......must say that at my time at KA gatherings (in toronto) I met the most delightful of people>>>..apart from Mig, Dan, Aaron, Kat and Adam (moosekick)I was the most interesting one there........

Well lets see if I am challenged....!!.....Happy birthday KA, thank you John and Pete

Kickas - what a lovely secure environment to be in.

Now John I have heard talk of a full fat full starch diet, no fasting and chips are a must.......what say we go for it? After all it is a KA thereby your birthday........

Did I mention Snowshoe.............no?...........ahhh well just as well..........

Last edited by ineptwill; 10/01/13 06:14 PM.
AS Czar
AS Czar
Hey, Alan:

Quote:
Now John I have heard talk of a full fat full starch diet, no fasting and chips are a must.......what say we go for it? After all it is a KA thereby your birthday........

FULL FAT FULL STARCH...hmmmm...nature's perfect food? Puh Pa Pee (oh, I still can't say "pizzahhhhh!").

Count me in--I just did a 'reset diet' of terrible juices for a week and ready to continue regimen but need more pollution to assure I am getting it out of my system.

Actually, I was just in Vermont and found an Uno's there. Had not had Spinoccoli in almost exactly 16 years!! It was good as I remembered, but not better. Worth the risk then. I think my gut has finally healed up, as these forays into the starch zone never seem to cause problems as they once did. ESR still below 10.

After over a decade, it is still too early to proclaim that I no longer have AS (just can't utter that "C" word), but for all practical purposes I'm pretty much starting to become the hypocrite I always aspired to! Now to get it all down on paper--while I still remember what I did.

When the movie deal comes, You can write the score!

HEALTH,
John

PS: You live Stratford-on-[something] too in Cotswalds?

I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
Stratford on Avon. William Shakespeare, a bit of a writer chap was born there. It is about 60 miles from me to the south west.

The Cotswolds, no not there either although my youngest daughter lives in Cheltenham, which like the Cotswolds is in the county of Gloucestershire. It takes 2 hours driving to get to see Esther (for that is she), so not too far

I am from Nottingham, Robin Hood and all that stuff. In fact I live on the doorstep of Sherwood which was apparently where good old Robin lived and counted the loot he had taken from the rich to re-distribute among the poor.

I am still awaiting his knock on my door.

Good to talk John, thanks.

Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
I was awakened at 4:00 this morning by an old *NOT* friend that hadn't reared its ugly head in quiet some time. My Rheumatologist retired in January, and I have been looking for one since. That means no Humira, and I guess it has finally caught up with me. I did finally make an appointment, but the earliest one the new Rheumy had was the weekend before Thanksgiving. Geez! Now I'm flaring. I took a Tramadol, so I am functioning for now. My wife has some left over Indocin from her numerous bouts with gout, that I may take if I absolutely have to.

Anyway, this isn't about me. I popped in here, since the beast has shown up out of the blue and put this place on my mind. I guess that is one good thing about the surprise visit. Then, I see this birthday thread and I just had to post to say hello to so many old friends who have replied, as well as a heart-felt happy birthday to KA!!! I think I joined in 2000, but not really sure at this point. I know it had just become KA shortly before. I had forgotten how close my birthday was to KickAS' Mine was Monday. I was... 45.......shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Not planning on having any more, by the way, but I hope KA has many, many more!

AS Czar
AS Czar
HAPPY BIRTHDAY right back at ya, Johnny:

Sorry to see You back!

But always good to see You, of course.

Can't understand why rheumatologist retiring (may they all do so immediately, if not sooner!) would affect Your access to treatment in the first place, but welcome to ACA, courtesy of the "over-unity" group. Maybe it's "every man for himself!" time in our wonderful utopia.

HEALTH,
John

Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
Originally Posted By: DragonSlayer
Can't understand why rheumatologist retiring (may they all do so immediately, if not sooner!) would affect Your access to treatment in the first place,

Thanks, John, good to see you too, by the way. To answer your question, I've been in pretty much a multi-year remission. I had thought that maybe I wouldn't have to go back on the Humira again, because it has some wierd side-effects, so I let my prescription expire. I have to be pre-certed by my lovely 'private utopian insurance,' so I can't get it without seeing a Rheumatologist again.

I probably ate too much birthday cake and drank too much beer, at my b'day party this weekend. And I really am not saying that 'tongue in cheek' because I am really BAD today... worst in years. I ate cake again last night, by the way.

Also, there is a huge amount of stress in my life right now, and, for me anyway, stress seems to be a major trigger.

I am glad to hear how well you are doing, by the way! May your old dragon be slayed for good!!!!

As Always,
Your Friend,
Johnny

Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Happy Belated KickAS birthday .... I have been around (in one way or another) for longer than I care to admit to. Back when our old forums were still black and yellow!

I have met many wonderful people through here (you all know who you are).. it is amazing to see how much we have grown and how far our reach has been.

Keep on kicking AS for another 14 years and more!

The ever incorrigible,

lilkitty
(aka - Jennifer)

Meow and the world meows with you... hiss and you hiss alone....
L
Imperial_AS_Kicker
Imperial_AS_Kicker
L
Wow! Happy bday KA!!! It's been a lifeline, I will be around more
Peace
Linc

Linc O'Brien
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 62 guests, and 82 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,367,490 hmmm
1,323,137 OMG!!!!
711,750 PARTY TIME!