Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#516120 11/13/16 08:16 AM
D
dlee Offline OP
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
Hi all,

It has been a while since i have been on here (I come and go) but I have something to report. 4 weeks ago, I caught a fairly normal change of season cold (going from winter to spring here in NZ). It developed into a minor chest infection with a cough that has hung around and just about gone now. I took some Coldrex night/day cold and flu tablets for a couple of days.

Since then, I have no inflammation (or hardly noticeable).

This is going from 100mg dyclofenac per day, to no medication at all for the last 4 weeks. This is totally unheard of for me. I have managed 3 weeks without dyclofenac in previous times, but the inflammation would always slowly build until I couldn't function any longer.

Nothing in my diet or normal routine changed so I don't really have anything I could put my finger on to say "it was this".

My regime is as follows.

I predominantly eat eggs, meat, fish, white rice, potatoes, steamed broccoli, whey protein powder, coconut yoghurt, blueberries, and other fruits in season. I eat around 40 grams of dark chocolate per day (75 - 90%), I eat almonds and brazil nuts each day. I eat 3 times per day mostly (breakfast, lunch, dinner and often desert as well). I drink coffee 2-3 times per day and sometimes put full fat whipped cream in it but mostly just drink it black.

My water is filtered to take out most of the fluoride (have been doing that for the last year) and I drink lots of it. And I use fluoride free toothpaste (also last 10 months).

Supplements I take are vit c, magenesium before bed (quite a high dose of 2-3mg per day), and take a zinc tablet each night as well with the magnesium.

I use lots of salt on my food. I only use the pink Himalayan salt.

I get lots of sun on my skin and in through my eyes (I don't use sunblock or sun glasses) for vit d and hormone regulation. For the last 1 and a half years, I have fit my day around getting sun on me. I like to get morning sun the most, but if its only out at midday and afternoon I will take it. I try to get half an hour each day, but some days I will take 1 - 2 hours of it if I can. Other days might only be 10 - 15 mins, and some days.....its just none of course.

I read that genetic encoding and information travels on light. And our genes absorb a specific frequency of light. Experiments have shown that genes can be encoded/programmed by light. So I believe light from the sun is a powerful tool. I don't fear catching melanoma as my skin is now conditioned to the sun. But at the same time, I don't let myself get severely burnt either.

I also like to get my sun while being earthed. Bare feet on the ground preferably. (soil, grass, concrete...not wood)

I wear blue light blocking glasses when indoors watching LED screens during day/night for last year and a half.

I also finish my hot shower with 3 minutes of continuous cold shower every day (you get used to it). Might seem mad, but it sure makes me feel good and there's plenty of evidence to suggest cold showers have a very positive effect on hormones. Been doing that for the last year and a half.

Once a week I have a hot bath in epsom salts (magnesium sulphate) which I have been doing for last 2 years.

I have also experimented with Nicotine gum (no I've never been a smoker and its not addictive in gum form - I haven't used it for the last month) but read something about it having possible benefits in combination with the sun). On the weekend I was sick, I happened to be outside at a kids sporting event for half the day and took some gum to help me feel better (which it did) so maybe that did something I don't know...I doubt it as I've taken it many times previously over the winter. Maybe it works better in the stronger spring sun.

So I don't know if the bug/virus or whatever it was I caught adjusted something (I know viruses can alter bacteria), or if it was just a coincident that it changed at this time and the real reason is just an accumulation/combination of everything else I've been doing. I've been tinkering with that for the last 4 years or so. So maybe I've detoxed over time to a level that is now making the difference?

The results are I can now do deadlifts and squats without anti inflammatories. Weighted Deadlifts and Squats have been impossible to do previously with inflammation and I had to usually take NSAIDs to knock back inflammation beforehand. I also sleep a lot more comfortably. Inflammation seems to be gone. its like somebody turned the switch off. And its been consistent like this for the last 4 weeks. I'm going to get some blood tests to see what my CRP is at.

I hope it stays this way!

Last edited by dlee; 11/13/16 08:26 AM.

Diagnosed AS year 2000 age 26; First onset of major symptoms came with severe food poisoning leaving me in chronic pain hardly able to walk/sleep/sit - never been the same since; HLA-B27 positive; bouts of iritis; no biologics ever, controlling with NSAID's and diet but trying to get off NSAID's through various "biohacking" experimentations; Live in Auckland, New Zealand
AS Czar
AS Czar
Hello, dlee:

Many people notice decreased symptoms during and after a virus; perhaps there is some macrophage therapy going on! Certainly not a dietary thing!

Not enough EFAs to sustain, but hope You remain drug-free and symptom-free; that is wonderful!

HEALTH,
John

D
dlee Offline OP
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
I used to take a lot of fish oil, 6 - 7 grams per day, other times 2-3 grams per day. But I cut it about 12 months ago and haven't noticed any different for it. I eat salmon a few times per week, but it is mostly farmed stuff. I cut fish oil due experiments claiming most of it is somewhat oxidized. Some even claim it can be inflammatory as a result.

Diagnosed AS year 2000 age 26; First onset of major symptoms came with severe food poisoning leaving me in chronic pain hardly able to walk/sleep/sit - never been the same since; HLA-B27 positive; bouts of iritis; no biologics ever, controlling with NSAID's and diet but trying to get off NSAID's through various "biohacking" experimentations; Live in Auckland, New Zealand
Z
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Colonel_AS_Kicker
Z
Yeh I've experienced something similar but only for a few days.
Good luck !

what I can eat on the diet (click here) -- my blog -- contact me (PM is broken)
"Some men, in truth, live that they may eat, as the irrational creatures, 'whose life is their belly, and nothing else.' But the Instructor enjoins us to eat that we may live." -- Clement of Alexandria (about 200 AD)
D
dlee Offline OP
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
Thanks, I'm up to week 6 now and still no sign of any return of inflammation. Something has changed.

B
Bel Offline
Active_Member
Active_Member
B
Good news dlee !

Last edited by Bel; 12/08/16 07:43 PM.
D
dlee Offline OP
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
Unfortunately after 7 weeks the inflammation came back. The nagging cough I had also disappeared. So, I can only assume I had some sort of chest infection or virus that kept my immune system busy or lowered it. However, if that were the case I would have thought I would suffer from greater tiredness as well but that was not the case. Anyhow, interesting none the less. It felt great to have no inflammation for a while. Now that its back I feel more tired that is for sure.

J
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
J
Dlee, might you have been detoxing out some metals? That might have effects on infections and inflammation.
Have you ever done a hair test to check for metals?

AS since February 2013
NSD - as of yet no medication.
D
dlee Offline OP
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
I have done a hair test for mineral deficiency but not metals. Hmm, maybe I should. I did have mercury fillings as a kid but they are long gone. But I'm not intentionally detoxing out metals.

J
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
J
When I got sick I did a test and found myself overloaded with mercury. It went down in less than 6 months as I stopped eating tuna and other large fish, which I used to consume on an almost daily basis.

AS since February 2013
NSD - as of yet no medication.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 93 guests, and 89 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,367,435 hmmm
1,323,103 OMG!!!!
711,726 PARTY TIME!