Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H20girl Offline OP
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
Well I'm up at the Health Mine in Montana for my annual radon boost. I was curious as to when my first post was here on the site. It has been 13 years! With a new dx of AS, I remember being so lost at the time and how comforting it was to find this site.
Of course there is a ton of back story, but after tons of research I took the leap to try radon therapy. I was in my 40's at the time and had a lot of living to do. Chronic pain was not part of the plan. Radon seemed the best fit for me.
After 13 years of 1 10 day visit per year, I couldn't be happier. No drugs (absolutely none - not even NSAIDs) no limited diet (although I do try to eat moderately, with as little sugar as possible) and I try to stay active.
Two years ago I walked the 500 mile Camino de Santiago in Spain, something I would not have been able to even dream of in my pre-radon days. I averaged 17 miles a day, 7 days a week. There was a time when I could barely walk from my bedroom to the bathroom. Last year I walked the Portuguese Camino (a total of 250 miles) because I loved it so much.
So...life is good. I just like to check in once a year in case anyone wonders if the radon has killed me yet /lol. Feeling great. read my blog in my signature and do your own research if you are curious. worked for me.

If you ever drop your keys into a pool of lava, forget about them, cuz man, they're gone.

- Jack Handey.

http://h20girladventures.blogspot.com

C
New_Member
New_Member
C
I wonder if they have spas for radon therapy in America.. like hot springs and what not.

H20girl Offline OP
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
My initial research took me to Austria and the Czech Republic. I needed something closer to home. The answer is Yes - Montana. I am at the Free Enterprise Health Mine in Boulder Montana right now, breathing it in. We are probably the last guests for the season but it reopens in May.

If you ever drop your keys into a pool of lava, forget about them, cuz man, they're gone.

- Jack Handey.

M
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
M
I went in 2010 it was the boost I needed. Way to go!
ETTE
Darrel

A
New_Member
New_Member
A
Bit of a late response to your post but TBH, I don't get on this site very often [and post even less frequently]. Glad to hear that you're still visiting the Free Enterprise and getting the desired results, after so many years. Since visiting the mine myself back in the fall of 2007 and 2008, I haven't made it back to Boulder, but certainly believe it to be a positive thing. I should also mention that I spent 3 weeks at the Jachymov [Curie] spa back in 2010. After finishing that trip with a last week spent in Prague with a friend, I really felt that I'd be back to either Montana or the Czech Republic again...before now. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened, due to well, life...
It's still something that although no cure, I believe can have a positive impact on ones life, and really, that's enough sometimes.

Aragorn

Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
I can not remember my last visit to the Free Enterprise mine, but it worked for me. If you go left from the elevator and go into the end with the plastic sheet to keep is warmer, my name and the years I went are on a beam in that foom. Brian Blackburn.
I heard Pat sold the mine, does anyone know the status now?

First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
I am going to try this in August @ free enterprise . Any helpful hints? Thanks in advance.

Where your mind goes your life follows
HLA-B27+
Dx'd 2011
manage with diet and supplements
P
Lurker
Lurker
P
Hello, I live in Belgium, and here they think more of Radon as a cause for lung cancers. They even recommend checking your home. So my question is : is it safe?

H20girl Offline OP
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
Hi Brian. I’m back again. Missed 2020 but I’ve been zapped enough over the years to be able to maintain my good health. I’m sitting in the radon room now and checking in with kickas as I always do when I’m here. Pat sold the mine to her nephew so it is still in the family. Ryan is awesome but more hands off than Pat. He is a rancher/cowboy and is in the middle of calving season (450 so far) so he pretty much lets you self monitor. Burdette passed away last year so Pat is deciding what to do with her next Chapter. She is in the process of selling the Mine Motel but doesn’t think it should change things too much. I’ve done 2 caminos now - walking 500 miles across Spain and Portugal to Santiago - a feat I couldn’t even dream of when I first started coming to the radon mines. Going to attempt the Lycean Way in September. This has literally been a life changer for me. I’ll check out your sig tomorrow. I think mine might be right next to yours smile

- Jack Handey.

Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Interesting!

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 77 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
Total remission of my AS on the Carnivore Diet.
by Mark55 - 03/20/19 02:51 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,368,804 hmmm
1,323,911 OMG!!!!
712,336 PARTY TIME!