Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
AS Czar
OP Offline
AS Czar
After many years experience with NSD and antibiotics, and subsequent many years remission without antibiotics and eventually no dietary restrictions, I came to the conclusion that my AS was controlled--in considerable portion--by SIBO. The reason I alternated between antibiotic types (bactericidal and bacteriostatic) was so that, hopefully, the Klebsiella pneumoniae would not develop resistive strains that could populate what I have come to realize were massive colonies.

In our group discussions about the time required to trigger a flare, so many people observed that they eat some provocative food and within 20 minutes and up to two hours; in an impossibly short time, according to the model (that is, Klebsiella living in the lower gut and proliferating there). Instead of 20 minutes, the process might instead require at least FOUR HOURS.

ENTER Small Bowel Intestinal Overgrowth. My protracted (over a decade no abx and eating a terrible diet) remission has a single most reasonable explanation, as does The "time constant" characteristic I had been grappling with for many years. Apparently, my cycles of switching antibiotics was not only effective in preventing resistive strains, but I was gradually chipping away at the SIBO and massive other displaced colonies of our nemesis germ. Truly, I had no idea of this happy consequence. Again, I was very lucky taking these drugs.

I just listened to Dr. Wm Davis in light of another posting that asked the question of which bacteria are we taking that helped AS (presumably as a probiotic or fermented food). It is a difficult question for me because I did not use probiotics, but when overseas took "Yakult" and when returning to US I would take small quantities of Stonyfield Farms yoghurt (about 2 oz every other day when recovering from harsh abx); it is difficult to take yoghurt because of the sugar and also because of the lactose which in excess can trigger a flare.

As an alternative to taking antibiotics, I would follow MOST of the advice here: Dr. William Davis interview by Jesse Chappus [youtube.com]

HEALTH,
John

1 member likes this: naj
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
John, as always, it's good to hear things are working for you. The difference between Yakult and Yoghurt is the lactose amount. Yakult has less than Yoghurt, which has three times less than milk. Yakult did not help me or my Crohn's Disease, yoghurt does. As always, different strokes for different folks.

That said, repopulating your gut after abx is so important. I'm curious about the sugar in your yoghurt. I make my own yoghurt and when I don't have time, purchase plain organic. Other than what comes with the yoghurt after the fermentation process, I'm wondering how much sugar the yoghurt you take has.

Love and light.
Kat

Kat

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
"Strictly Ballroom"

AS Czar
OP Offline
AS Czar
Hello, Kat:

I am sensitive to the sugar content because I have diabetes, also! So I never took too much yoghurt because all commercial brands are loaded with it as a flavor enhancer and substrate. I never took more than two ounces at a time until recently. I am about to start making my own and just received starter cultures. Historically, again, I use Stonyfield Farms. Yakult has way too much sugar for me now!!

HEALTH
John

Online Content
Hello John,

Good to see a few posts... I stuck with Stoneyfield Farms in States when I could tolerate yogurt. Still eat it here... just in last year labeling requirements here changed and now there is warning of excess sugar on all yogurt labels from what I have seen.

Have had issues with sugar in past at times... but not in 4-5 years now. Started with intermittent fasting and really think that has helped with healing my gut. Other than yogurt, blueberries and raisins do not eat any sugar.

Best to you,

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
1 member likes this: DragonSlayer
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
If I eat yogurt..it’s homemade and made w/ 1/2 and 1/2

Where your mind goes your life follows
HLA-B27+
Dx'd 2011
manage with diet and supplements

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dotyisle), 77 guests, and 675 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
I P F
by deano - 07/17/23 10:28 AM
It’s been a while
by mulehound - 06/25/23 12:28 AM
Apple fast vs organic juice fast
by Alida1 - 03/01/23 06:51 PM
Coconut oil + oregano oil Enema for AS
by L33 - 01/30/23 10:23 PM